Joined: Apr 10, 2017
Posted: Apr 27, 2017 03:04 AM
Msg. 1 of 2
Hello everyone, I thought I'd do a little write up on how to create your own AI battles on Gravemind (the map file is called highcharity)
Firstly, back up your original Gravemind map 07a_highcharity
Next you'll want to download the H2V default scenario values for High Charity: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pgoo6tgto7r44ho/07a_highcharity.txt
You'll also need Assembly to make these modifications: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bxdedwkdhkdskq1/assembly-bin-1.0.4817.30869.zip MAKE SURE TO UPDATE IT.
Okay, so once you've got these files we're good to start.
1) ... open 07a_highcharity in Assembly. (in admin mode).
2) Navigate to 'scnr' , you can search it find it, once in the maps scnr, search 'machine palette'
3) You want to go through and 'null' all 19 of the machine options.
- this will remove doors, lifts and other things that will make getting to the battle area complicated (as well as some scenery stuff around the battle area).
- hit save.
4) Next you'll want to search for 'scenery palette'
5) You want to null 17 and 18, cov_chubby ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) & cov_gravcolumn
- this will clean the battle area of objects and will be used as spawn points for the AI.
6) You will want to search 'mission dialogue'
- just null it (removes cortana complaining so it doesn't ruin any of your footage if you're recording.
7) Now search 'squads'.
- you will want to 'null' squads 0 through to 44.
- to do this, where it says 'character index' replace the number ie, 19, with -1.
- replace all with -1.
*YOU CAN SAVE THE MAP SOMEWHERE ELSE ON YOUR COMPUTER, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PERFORM THESE STEPS EACH TIME* - Have it as a base map for the battle.
8) Now we will edit the spawns of ledge_jackal_left and ledge_jackal_right 45 & 46.
- heres a short summed up answer, we will place the left Jackal (45) where the middle Grav Column was.
- go down to starting locations and change 'position x' to -221.1187
'position y' to -86.16164
9) Now we'll edit Jackal (46) where the middle Grav Column was (on the right hand side).
- go down to starting locations and change 'position x' to -211.8339
'position y' to -86.16164
10) Now we will make the characters into whatever you want, for this example we'll make Jackal Left a Elite Major with a plasma rifle.
- in squads make sure you're on 45.
- go to starting locations and change the character index to 5, primary weapon index to 3, change grenade type to plasma, and actor variant to 'major_scl'
*scroll back up and change Team to something other than Prophet, ie - flood.
11) Now we will make Jackal Right a Brute Captain with a Brute Shot
- in squads make sure you're on 46
- go to starting location and change the character index to 19, primary weapon index to 1, change grenade type to plasma, and actor variant to 'captain_bth'
*scroll back up and change Team to something that isn't the same as the Elite (45).
Now you have a little battle scenario, congrats! Good luck.
If you have any question, ask below.
You will want to mess around with the 'facing y' or 'facing p 'values of the 2nd spawn because the character will be looking the wrong way.
Joined: Oct 5, 2012
The length of your life depends on my aim.
Posted: Apr 27, 2017 12:52 PM
Msg. 2 of 2
Thank you for sharing! (It could be even better with images though!)
Perhaps you would consider packaging this text tutorial up in a word document or a .pdf and submitting it here
to capture a broader audience.