I've had some issues when trying to unwrap the ground the a BSP I'm working on. I've correctly unwrapped it all, ensuring no surfaces overlap. I tested the process on a smaller chunk and it all worked fine but I am consistently getting this error during lighting and not compiling.
radiosity error: degenerate triangle [or triangle with bad uvs] (see blue in error geometry)
I've opened the WRL yet there is no blue geometry that actually relates to my bsp. I'm perplexed as to what the issue actually is.
For reference, I'm going to make a list of all things I believe are of note and some steps I've taken to try and remedy this problem.
- I have made a huge BSP. It is 47k polygons and 140k verts over estimated 756000units (I have quite a few portals.)
- There are some "ponds" that are a part of it using the !<material> extension. There is also a base water level as well. I've removed both of these items from the BSP during export and there has been no change.
- I've done a UVWMap Box of the entire map except for the ground to try and solve any missed polygons during the modelling process but not no avail.
- There are caves in the BSP but they use seperate materials
- Parts of the unwrapped area directly touch the +sky material
- I currently have no exactportals
- The geometry is populated midly by scenery
- When I do a box UVmap of the entire area (not unwrapping the ground) the lightmaps compile fine
I am genuinely perplexed and this issue has been driving me bonkers.