A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »questions

Author Topic: questions (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

mlhrj5

Posted: Sep 12, 2007 11:51 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
1. can you create more than 2 teams with sapien and scripting?

2. can you make a map that is ment for only one player, AND have checkpoints/loading points that respawn points can be activated when passed by script?

3. can you script in bipeds(not AI) to respawn?

4. can you create an anti-aimbot map?

5. is it possible to actually create a masterserver that will have a map with AI on it, then send a map with no AI loaded on it (just the biped and actor tags) to other people and when they play it, can they still see the AI and can they sinc online? can you create an AI script to treat AI like Equiptment so the server will send data to all comps that the equiptment(AI) is "over there" and you can see them and/or fight back without seeing missing bipeds or empty AI that only appear for you?

Orange_Geko

How long since I last used this account?

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 12:03 AM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: mlhrj5
ya, its called free for all, you pick it in HCE in your game types
2. can you make a map that is ment for only one player, AND have checkpoints/loading points that respawn points can be activated when passed by script?
dude.. have you ever played SP?
.. yes.. object_create
ive discribed like 40 differnt ways to stop aimbot in differnt topics, search
5. is it possible to actually create a masterserver that will have a map with AI on it, then send a map with no AI loaded on it (just the biped and actor tags) to other people and when they play it, can they still see the AI and can they sinc online? can you create an AI script to treat AI like Equiptment so the server will send data to all comps that the equiptment(AI) is "over there" and you can see them and/or fight back without seeing missing bipeds or empty AI that only appear for you?
AI dont sync, end of story, although I guess I could dig up that lagirific script I made that would lag the server to death sync one AI that isnt anywhere near full mental capacity

read the red

squeaky

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 12:08 AM    Msg. 3 of 14       

yes, in sapien... you dont need scripting

that my friend, is a single player map... and yes its possible... how did bungie or the mapping teams like cmt and umt make campaigns?!!? entirely possible.

with scripting.... almost anythings possible

make invisible bipeds in the sky... done before. POSSIBLE

no, no, and NO! ai will not sync watsoever... this isnt possible. remember AI WILL NOT SYNC!

answeres are in RED

wow... talk about cooincidence! i had no idea u would post the same thing... well sorta but the red yes.
Edited by squeaky on Sep 13, 2007 at 12:10 AM

mlhrj5

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 01:02 AM    Msg. 4 of 14       
AI can sinc, maby not now, but if the gamespy masterserver would do what world of warcraft did, it is possible

also, do you know how to make the mc where he cannot get out of the vehi even when it flips?

AND what i mean is can you make more than one playable team, like have 4 or so flags with the option to change teams in the menu?
Edited by mlhrj5 on Sep 13, 2007 at 01:09 AM

squeaky

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 01:30 AM    Msg. 5 of 14       
i thought u were talking about ai.

oh and AI WILL NOT SYNC AT ALL. HALO IS DIFFEERENT... THEY CAUSE LAG AND WILL NOT SYNC NOMATTER HOW MUCH U BEG AND PLEASE.

and the no rider eject. enable the cheat that disables the eject feature.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 09:57 AM    Msg. 6 of 14       
AI can sinc, maby not now, but if the gamespy masterserver would do what world of warcraft did, it is possible
Edited by mlhrj5 on Sep 13, 2007 at 01:09 AM

Teh server has nothing to do with AI syncing, it all has to do with the netcode, and AI being client side only. This means every person sees their own AI. Nothing can be done to the server to fix that.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 10:20 AM    Msg. 7 of 14       
AI can sinc, maby not now,
In Halo and Halo Custom edition AI can not now nor ever will sync over a network connection. There is no underlying netcode to communicate position or status. Some games like UT have syncing AI built in to the core of the game. Halo and Halo CE does not. AI will not sync over a network connection. Period.
if the gamespy masterserver would do what world of warcraft did
The Gamespy master server is ONLY used for locating game servers and does not control nor affect the internal workings of the Halo game.
AND what i mean is can you make more than one playable team, like have 4 or so flags with the option to change teams in the menu?

The maximum number of multiplayer teams in Halo and Halo CE is 2. It is hard coded into the game engine.

mlhrj5

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 11:39 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
thanks, those questions were just bothering me.

and one more thing, i am finishing up a map, i dont think it will do well online but i am going to use it for personal use, anyway, does anyone know how Tiamat made the vehicles to where if they flip over, the biped does not get out? i had it happen to one of my maps once, but i forgot what i even went to before compiling the map.

so. . .

does anyone know how to do that?

Orange_Geko

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 11:49 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
(set rider_ejection 0)

mlhrj5

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 11:53 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
thats it?
sory, i just started scripting like yesterday.
but thanks

OOOOOOOOO!!!!
almost forgot

my halo ce single player maps dont want to work because i am a friggin n00b at the single player ce thing.
everytime i try to load the map in a LAN game, it exceptions.
i know i am doing something wrong, positive that i dont do a lan game but something else. . .
but dont know what.....
pleas explain how to do this*

play a single player Custom Edition map
Edited by mlhrj5 on Sep 13, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Orange_Geko

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 12:23 AM    Msg. 11 of 14       
my halo ce single player maps dont want to work because i am a friggin n00b at the single player ce thing.
everytime i try to load the map in a LAN game, it exceptions.
i know i am doing something wrong, positive that i dont do a lan game but something else. . .
but dont know what.....

you dont load SP in the MP menu, you have to use dev mode and know the maps name.
map_name bloodgulch would load BG in SP mode
if the map has spaces in the name, you must put "" around it
map_name "sp ai fusion icefields" is for the AI player fusion map I made, I think its probly hte only SP map with spaces in the name, so its probly the only time you'll ever use the ""

mlhrj5

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 12:30 AM    Msg. 12 of 14       
DEV MODE. . .
hmmm
i think i dont know how to start that.
or how to run commands with it
if you are getting really annoied with me right about now, just tell me and i will go away
but. . .
if you are here because this is a forum and is ment to help people, then look inside of yourself and presnet me with a solution, , ,
please? ^_^

Orange_Geko

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 12:35 AM    Msg. 13 of 14       
Search is your friend
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1099
click ~ while dev is enabled, then type the comand (you can type script comands in there, and you can use the same cheat comands in scripts, ect)

H Guru

EHSv3 Coming Soon!

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 06:30 AM    Msg. 14 of 14       
Just dont restart or make a new game whilst its on, you will get an exception.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 19, 2020 1:50 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website