A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Need help with rooms in map

Author Topic: Need help with rooms in map (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 03:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 13       
I'm creating a map.. one I've been working on for a while now. I have 2 rooms somewhere in it, one I want as a dance room, and the other will be like a livingroom. I need help with certain things for each room. Below is a list of what I want in each room. If anyone can help me with any of them, please let me know.

Dance room:

Lasers (for like laser shows)
Strobe lights
Disco ball
Big stereo with separate speakers
DJ stand with turntables

Livingroom:

Animated fireplace
Couch made like a vehicle with seats you can sit on, but will not move (3 seats)
Rug decals
Window decals (to make it look like there are windows in it)
Animated cieling fan
Side table with lamp and light
Coffee table with coffee mugs and pot
Random picture frames
Big screen TV with animations showing credits for people who helped with the map

If you can help with anything, let me know.. my Xfire is maxwellevans. And my email is jmevans_@msn.com

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 08:23 PM    Msg. 2 of 13       
Yes, I know it's possible in Halo. And I asked for help with it. I DID NOT ask for someone to do it for me.. read what I wrote.. "If anyone can help me".. that means help.. not do.
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 09:23 PM

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 08:28 PM    Msg. 3 of 13       
I wish I knew what your problem was.. I thought games were about fun.. I guess I was wrong, huh?
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 09:24 PM

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 08:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tarzan
Quote: --- Original message by: teh ganon
all of that is possible, in halo.

of course it's possible.... it's just not realistic... who wants to sit on a couch and pop people in front of the fireplace with the sniper rifle??

@ max... if you've got a computer to type this on AND you're homeless... where are you getting the power from? The internet is not your counselor.

Currently, he's staying at my house with my parents. And, for some people, internet IS their life. For me, that's all I have right now, so yeah.

But on topic, realistic? That's not even close to being the right word, I think you mean it's not logical. But, actually, it's called a secret room. =/ If you're going to complain about requesting help on making stuff, then jesus, lighten up. We were asking for help on something, not trying to start a fight here.

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 08:33 PM    Msg. 5 of 13       
My point is this.. I asked for help.. Tarzan went off on me as if I was asking people to make it for me.. I asked for help.. read what I typed.. HELP... big difference between help and do.. help includes, pointing me to tutorials, giving me advice.. or even helping with it in general..

Plus.. this map I'm working on has rooms. It's NOT the rooms. The main part is huge. But not too big.. I just wanted to make rooms for it.. I had made the BSP a while back.. but never knew what to do with the rooms, and now I got ideas.. but people are being jackasses here now..
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 08:36 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 08:55 PM    Msg. 6 of 13       
well said tarzan, but this applys in life, nobody wants to hear ur problems coz it reminds them of their own, and noone likes to think about their problems.

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 09:05 PM    Msg. 7 of 13       
I said what I wanted in the rooms.. nowhere in my post did I say "I want people to make these for me".. first of all, I like to do as much as I can myself.. and what I can't do.. I ask for help.. which is what I was doing.. doesn't matter what it sounds like to you.. at all. What matters is that you didn't read my post.. you saw what you wanted and just went off. I know there are probably alot of new people here that ask people to do stuff for them.. but I NEVER did.. NEVER have.. and despite what you 'think' about what I was asking.. I was asking for any kind of help.. help in general.. that's enough info for people with common sense. I know too many people lack common sense now days.. and that's not my problem.. I'm asking for help.. and I got this.. >_> nice, btw.
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 09:26 PM

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 11:59 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
I stopped because your attitude is making me not even wanna be a memeber of this site.. or even play Halo anymore.. next time, instead of acting like a pompus jackass.. ask what kind of help people are looking for. If they ask for help. read the post thoroughly so you don't offend anyone.. because you damn sure offended me. I don't ask anyone to do stuff for me.. I ask for help when I need it.. which is what I did here. And what I got was someone acting like I was asking people to do everything for me, which was NOT in any way what I did at all.

Now, the kind of help I need.. I'm not good at modeling.. mainly because stuff in life has kept me from being able to learn advanced modeling and tagging.. so all I was doing was asking people to tell me how.. or show me how or something to help. "Help", being the keyword in all this. Not "do for me".

MF Boom

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 10:22 AM    Msg. 9 of 13       
Basically saying, this is what we're after.

We're still trying to get our map team together currently, so advanced modelers would be appreciated, being that I can't model worth..well, you get the picture... And Max has been busy with so much stuff going on. To avoid getting you more pissed off about talking about personal life, I won't go into it, because I don't want a major argument going on here, it's ridiculous. But, as for what we need help with, here's why he worded it how he did in the first post.

He listed the things to show the basics of what he was wanting in his room, so that anyone who was going to give him tutorials could link him toward the articles that would specifically gear toward the variety of what we're doing.

Example, the couch with enterable seats was listed so that you knew we wanted that, thereby giving you reason to lead us to a 'creating vehicles' tutorial or whatever would be needed. No need to go off as if we're asking people to do it, we're asking for ASSISTANCE.

Now, along with this, all we need is just tutorials on how to make these things, we're patient enough. Now if anyone is willing to help out by actually modeling them and everything, that would be appreciated, yes, but we're not saying "I'm not doing this, someone do it for me", we're saying "We're not sure how to do this exactly, can someone help us out?"... Get it?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 10:52 AM    Msg. 10 of 13       
Tarzan in my opinion you were out of line. MAX was asking if anyone wanted to help with his project. The correct answers are "Yes or No". There is so much custom content that you guys are making that has absolutely nothing to do with the Halo universe that there was no reason to denigrate his idea because it was non Halo.

The bickering stops now. If you want to help him fine do so if you donít want to help fine then remain silent.

When in doubt refer to rule number 3 (there are only 4 total)

Cardinal Rules: Violating these rules will get you banned:

3. Play Nice! UXB Internet and Halo Maps will not tolerate insulting, flaming or harassing of users. Do not pick fights or 'troll', or post topics on controversial issues such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Keep to the topics of the particular forum. As your parents taught you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.

MF Boom

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 12:38 PM    Msg. 11 of 13       
Actually that's perfect models. =] That'll definitely help.

I do have a favor to ask, could you link us to a tutorial on how to add nodes and stuff to make seats enterable for vehicles?

The only reason we want the couch is for the secret room. Like, if you've been to Olympus Mons, there's a couch in the secret room, but, you can't sit on it. And it doesn't look right to crouch on it.

So we want seats to make it look like you're actually sitting on it, which also would be good for when we start making Machinima series from our maps. o_o;

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 12:49 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       
Any vehicle tutorial should cover it... the ghosts turret tutorial even covers it

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 12:54 PM    Msg. 13 of 13       
Or just make it play a custom animation in that spot... Hmm, reminds me of my swimming pool idea....

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 8:10 PM 343 ms.
A Halo Maps Website