A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Map Team (Reborn!)

Author Topic: Map Team (Reborn!) (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Sep 15, 2007 08:54 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Dennis, if it isn't the right spot, or the topic just isn't appropriate for the forums, move/delete it. Thanks.

As for the point of this topic. A while back before me and Max went on hiatus due to stress, moving, everything that's been going on, we were going to start a map team. We had only gotten two people interested to begin with, and not even a week later, called it off to wait for H2V, thinking we'd get it pretty fast...

Well in the midst of personal life issues, such as my mom's car breaking down, having to pay it off, losing her job, Max moving and having to stay with us currently, and just all-out stress in every way... we decided not to come back for a while, until we could relax... Thankfully, Max randomly decided to start working on his map some recently, which I'm really glad for, 'cuz I wanted to start playing Halo more with him. xD Fun times...

But, finally, we've decided. Map team time... Now that we're back, we need a map team together so we can start collaborating and getting stuff done faster, better, and all that. So, The Production Line is being renewed. Those of you who can model, tag, script, test, or even all of those combined, if you're not in a map team and you want to just randomly work on maps for the fun of it... Here we are, begging you to join. <3 Recommend projects, suggest ideas, collaborate with us, everything, we just need more people to make these things happen.

To keep up with everything, here's our forums:
http://aoc.maximum-voltage.com/forums/

There is only one project mentioned right now, that I completely forgot about, but I'm going to update the forums at least every other day. You'll notice the seperate categories for each thing, such as how there's a General Conversation, a Rules, a TPL section, an AC section, and the Server Password... Each are self-explanatory, different sections for different purposes.

But, if you're interested in joining the map team, please sign up at the forums. Neither Max nor I really use XFire that much anymore, but it's -possible-, I suppose, that we might eventually... Yahoo and MSN are our main communication methods, aside from this forum, and our forums. But, the easiest way to keep in touch is at the forums. <3 So please, anyone interested, join the forums. We need all the help we can get.

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Sep 15, 2007 06:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
I would have just mentioned we were bringing the team back, and - the other stuff. But anyway... anyone wanna help out? It's kind of like a colaboration on projects more than anything, as most map teams are. But collaborations always come out alot better than single person made maps. But we discuss projects, terms, and stuff on the forums.. so check it out.

MF Boom

Posted: Sep 15, 2007 10:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: deathshot
hmmm i usually do stuff on my own and crap but i would be easier to have some one create the weaps and the texture cause all i really can do is make the basic bsp for it and im really good at makin awsome cliffs i might join but.... how many ppl are on this team?

Weapons are actually what I'm working on now. I've only really modded weaponry thus far, as I can't model, but what little bit of digging and messing around I've done, I managed to make a neat flame needler. x3 And currently, there are 6 users in the forums including you, only a few are actually in the map team. Max and I are official, I don't know if Superman or Titan ever joined officially or not, so yeah.

MF Boom

Posted: Sep 16, 2007 07:19 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Will do. *Rushes off to the forums right now.*

Edit: You are now capable of viewing the Map Team thread, Deathshot.
Edited by MF Boom on Sep 16, 2007 at 07:21 AM

mlhrj5

Posted: Sep 16, 2007 08:29 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
hmmm . . .
i have some experience with maps, buti cant say i will be there all day everyday.
i cant really work with the bsp, but i have some experience with tags and scripts
i will now go and check out the forum.
Edited by mlhrj5 on Sep 16, 2007 at 08:42 AM

MF Boom

Posted: Sep 16, 2007 08:41 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
It really doesn't matter how often you're around. We're going to try to work on it as much as possible, but of course, we have matters to attend to in real life as well... It's going to be even more difficult for me in a month, with a job and all, but I'm still going to put a lot of dedication into it... Going to look up all sorts of modeling tutorials to try to figure things out so I can model, but it may take some time, so at the moment, Max is at the helms for modeling until we get an advanced modeler.

Scripts, that's good. I never understood scripting and I'm sure Max didn't either. I'm good with messing around with tags. In fact, I'll show my works to everyone in the map team during little test runs. Better to show it to the team than to my clan until it's finished. x3 But anything people can do, if they're willing to join just to throw in some help and random stuff to make a unusually random and awesome map, then yeah, you're welcome to join.

Also, I just activated two accounts so far. So that means deathshot, you're NOW able to post... And whoever else joined, you can post too now. I forgot that there's a difference between changing the usergroup and activating it. XDD Had to click the little link thingy in my e-mail because we set it to Admin Activation rather than User Activation due to the spambots flooding in (118 of them showed up in 3 months of idle)...

So yeah. Noone can see anything except General Conversation, btw, until you sign up and are added to the appropriate usergroup. That way noone steals work. ^^;
Edited by MF Boom on Sep 16, 2007 at 08:42 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 8:13 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website