A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Adding A New Grenade Type

Author Topic: Adding A New Grenade Type (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 09:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 16       
Okay. Well, I'm not entirely sure how to do this, but I've made a modification of the Plasma Grenade, editing tags and bitmaps and shaders, all sorts of effects, etcetera, and I don't know how to use this new grenade in my map. I've placed the item collection, but when I pick them up, it detects them as Plasma's, when they should be a totally new grenade.

How do I change the tags so that MC detects the difference between Plasma's and my grenade?

Example of this is, one map I've played had Flashbang, Shield, Frag, and Plasma's... Another has had Plasma, Frag, and Needle grenades. How would I go about setting up a third grenade type?

If this works, yeah, I'm gonna keep editing the grenade until it's perfect, then release it... I'll make more too, I just need to know how to do this first. ><;

Switchblade

"Do you believe my threat is ended with my death?"

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 10:13 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
as you said you've placed them in a map to test them with but there is a problem... ok heres what you do... you edit the grenades string(the name it shows up with ingame) as for three different grenades at once... its just not going to happen, it defys the game engine which has only two grenades enabled

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 10:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Isn't a third grenade type set up as a secondary trigger on a weapon?

Switchblade

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 10:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
no the things is... to allow the new grenade to function it must replace an existing weapon ingame... as far as secondary fire goes, it handles the grenade throwing animations trigger not what you are throwing

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 10:23 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Ahhh okay, I knew it was done before by using that method. I just didn't know exactly how.

MF Boom

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 11:04 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Switchblade
as for three different grenades at once... its just not going to happen, it defys the game engine which has only two grenades enabled

False, sir. As stated, I've played maps that have had MORE than just two grenades. I assume scripting was performed, as you cannot just modify the tags and add a third type (Yeah, I tried), but it _is_ indeed possible. I just don't know how, exactly, which is why I asked.

Perhaps anyone else knows? Kirby, you made the shield grenade, you have any ideas? o_O;

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 11:43 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
And what map was this?

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 11:49 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom
as for three different grenades at once... its just not going to happen, it defys the game engine which has only two grenades enabled

False, sir. As stated, I've played maps that have had MORE than just two grenades. I assume scripting was performed, as you cannot just modify the tags and add a third type (Yeah, I tried), but it _is_ indeed possible. I just don't know how, exactly, which is why I asked.

Perhaps anyone else knows? Kirby, you made the shield grenade, you have any ideas? o_O;

to have a third grenade, it has to be part of the weapon, globals.globals will refuse anymore grenades, although there is in other parts of tags parts for 2 other tags, but with out being able to add it to globals.globals, it is futile.. mb in a hex editor someone can forcibly add more, but I doubt it.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 12:33 AM    Msg. 9 of 16       
just use a secondary trigger and make it fire grenades the mx8 does this.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 01:27 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
exactly. make the 2ns fire projectile the new nade. and refer to the thowing action. im sure this is the way

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 05:35 PM    Msg. 11 of 16       
one reason this doesn't work: the nade amounts for the "3rd nade" will not carry over between two weapons. for example, you have the smg and spiker. smg has 2 spike nades, spiker has 3. throw one with smg, and it now has 1 yet the spiker still has 3. drop the spiker and you lose all 3.
short version, adding a 3rd grenade type will not work unless specified for only one weapon which kinda sucks anyway.

MF Boom

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 08:15 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
Oh. Well, I kinda gave up on making a third grenade, I'm just going to have it replace Frags. xD; To note, I'm continually editing tags to make a flame grenade. It's never going to be as good as H3's, because that one was just absolutely beautiful, but I wanted to make flame oriented stuff. Already made a flame needler, but it's too powerful, so I'm lowering the damage tags. >_>; Once I get every flame-based weapon perfected, I'll release all the tags, but it'll definitely be a while, possibly next year even. xD;

In another note, random question, H2V is already out. Anyone think it's likely for Microsoft to eventually make H3 for PC? xD; That would own.

Also! Could someone point me to a place where I can get the spiker tags, spike grenades, or any H3 weapons/equipment?

Edited by MF Boom on Oct 16, 2007 at 08:15 PM

Switchblade

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 08:39 PM    Msg. 13 of 16       
it is rumored that h3 will eventually come to computer

replace the grenade damage effects and detonation of the grenade to the flamethrowers damage and animation tags... bam instant flame grenades or molitov coctail

as for the spiker, chech blood gulch h3, i think thats the map its in... good luck ^_^
Edited by Switchblade on Oct 16, 2007 at 11:36 PM

MF Boom

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 12:11 AM    Msg. 14 of 16       
it is rumored that h3 will eventually come to computer

replace the grenade damage effects and detonation of the grenade to the flamethrowers damage and animation tags... bam instant flame grenades or molitov coctail

as for the spiker, chech blood gulch h3, i think thats the map its in... good luck ^_^
Edited by Switchblade on Oct 16, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Ironically enough, that's what I'm doing. XD; I'm editing tags, using flamethrower damage tags, fuel rod explosion (edited to a orange/red color), and various other edited decals and tags. I'm going to go test it now. If anyone wants the map, contact me on XFire to test it.

XFire: MFBoom

Switchblade

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 12:27 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
what other things have you played around with to make it flamethrower like?

MF Boom

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 12:44 AM    Msg. 16 of 16       
So far, just the needler and grenade. I'm going to edit _every_ weapon knowledgeably possible to have some fiery enhancement.

My brother's created a flamethrower shotgun combo, but it was horrid to be honest. xD; It was just a bit too powerful, because even if part of the reticle was locked onto them, it'd dominate them with flames. It's almost instant kill. I'm going to fix it, and create it into a fair flamethrower/shotgun combo. The Incinerator (coined name for said weapon)...

I've worked on a flame-based fuel rod gun, but it's still in the works. As for anything else, with being preoccupied with everything else, and making sure to perfect something before moving onto another project, I haven't gotten around to any other weapon. I want to make a flame spiker, actually, and it'll be pretty weird and tough to pull off perfectly, but I'll get it. xD; Any suggestions would be appreciated and taken to note, as well.

Edit: Okay, I tested my flame grenade. I need more people to test it, with me, so that I'm not the only one who thinks this thing is perfected. The server is already open, for those of you who want to test, please contact me on XFire. I don't want to put the download link here, because people may steal and redistribute it. And I don't want this map published on this site, because it's never intended to be a finished map, it was just one I could use to test my productions. x3

Again, XFire: MFBoom

I'd appreciate testers. I think it's finished, but I need a majority vote on this one just in case. Also can judge my needler mod. ;-; Please!

Edited by MF Boom on Oct 17, 2007 at 01:45 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 7:29 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website