A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Why does the h2ek suck?

Author Topic: Why does the h2ek suck? (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

someone not important

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 10:52 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
I don't have halo 2 at all, so why is the hek better than the h2ek?

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 03:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: someone not importiant
I don't have halo 2 at all, so why is the hek better than the h2ek?

because the h2ek is not only locked up it requires a expensive modeler. hek is better because there is a free modeler that can be used.

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 01:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 12       
This post is suitable for this topic, so, I have a question.

I'm currently saving up money, and need to get a new video card, along with buying Vista (I'm getting Ultimate if anything, not Home Premium), and then H2V... Is it worth saving up all that money for just H2V and it's custom editor? Or should I just go with my first instinct in getting an Xbox 360 and Rock Band, which I'm sure would cost around the same price...?

I still love CE, just. One: dual-wielding doesn't work. Two: grav-lifts don't work... H2V would support both of these, which would be perfect for the map ideas I have...

Edit:
Reason it's suitable for this topic: If the H2V Editing Kit is seriously locked up, I might not be able to accomplish my intentions in the first place...so if it sucks that much, it wouldn't be worth it... Hence, I'm asking if it's worth buying or not. >>;
Edited by MF Boom on Jan 28, 2008 at 01:36 AM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 02:59 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom
Is it worth saving up all that money for just H2V and it's custom editor?

I wouldn't think so.. not many people play since most of em are on XP, and last time I checked, the model converter still doesnt work very well, so you will only be able to do stuff like HPC mods in H2V currently; you will have some HCE features, but everything will look alot more like HPC mods..

MF Boom

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 06:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Ah. I'll just wait to get Vista later on then. My computer's working fine with XP, and while I do like Vista and all, I don't have a job yet. >>; So I'll aim for the 360 instead.

As far as graphics go though, how far is H2V ahead of CE, with everything set to high?

And, what do you mean by "model converter"? Did they not have a program like 'blitzkrieg' to export the models from 3DS Max? Haet.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 07:19 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom
And, what do you mean by "model converter"? Did they not have a program like 'blitzkrieg' to export the models from 3DS Max? Haet.

their tool doesnt convert the acual models up, all they can acualy make with it is BSPs. Jahrain has made a program that converts gbxmodels to the H2V models, but as far as I know, hes only released the one beta of it.

MF Boom

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 08:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Wow... We need all the people who unlocked and made programs for CE to start making programs and unlocking stuff for H2V. o_o;;

And, I guess I'm definitely not going to worry about getting H2V for a while. So many reasons so far not to get it yet. >>; Maybe in a few months it'll be worth it...

MF Boom

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 11:17 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
I'm not looking into it, thanks for the offer. It's called "Halo 2 Vista" for a reason, and I'd rather run it on the OS it was created for. I'm not going to f*** up my computer with some program that changes the compatibility setup and registries so much just to run a game that's not even capable of doing everything I want in the first place.

Besides that, I wouldn't just get Vista for the game, that's just my main reason... I also want it just for the fact of having a newer OS with more features, and I like the visual style, especially some of the features that you can get with Windows Aero, some of which only available for Vista Ultimate.

And, in the time that H2V becomes "better" than CE, I'll probably already have a 360 and Rock Band, and enough money to get H2V. <_<; So, yeah.

johnnyblaz20

wuzzup

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 12:25 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       
In my opinion h2V is not locked, Its just running on "LIVE" and modifying actual game maps would cause errors. You can modify a map you create to the sky if your good. There are alot of things that are not figured out yet though. Like Collidable Geometery.models and, well its all tag related. I bet if Kornman finishes his version of Guerilla We'd have everything we need.

Oh i sent this map to this website and i think they rejected it. It has been 2-3 weeks since i sent it to them. Its a port of Danger Canyon. And a damn good one i think. Just check it out if you wish. My dedicated server has this on its playlist too, PainOrPleasure.

http://files.filefront.com/danger+canyon+vistarar/;9484400;/fileinfo.html

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 05:46 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: johnnyblaz20
Oh i sent this map to this website and i think they rejected it.
Not rejected just not accepted. The uploaded archive was corrupt. I downloaded it from the supplied link and it is on-line.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 11:56 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Can't someone seriously just tap into H2V?
Edited by DarkHalo003 on May 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Pingvinz

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 11:44 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Haloghost0000
the only tags you could open in the included h2ek were .scenario and .unicode_text_multilingual tags......seriously, Microsoft, did you really think you would keep modders away from their passion by "hiding" the features? idiots........lol
Because all they had in mind was people like Arteen.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri January 17, 2020 10:46 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website