A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Need Help! Friend has a problem...

Author Topic: Need Help! Friend has a problem... (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

musicman888

"Blade be true this day."

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 04:26 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Here is the problem: my friend is having a problem downloading maps off of this site. Here is what he posted in my forums:

" ok here is the problem. I can not download maps at all from halomaps.org. If a friend send them to me Im good but i still cant get them off of halomaps. What it did when I was getting maps is I clicked download and it asked me where I wanted to save it, then i clicked save, and it downloaded. Now when I download nothing happens. it doesnt ask where i want to save it and the page stays the same. It doesnt change the page or anything so literally nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this? "

Do you have any idea why that is happening?

I can download maps fine as can many of my friends and most likely many of you, but I do not know why he can not download maps.

Any help is appreciated thanks,

musicman888

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 04:34 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=320

always check the halo ce maps section of the site. There to the right side is a list of articles that will help answer some of the most common asked questions about halo ce and the operation of halomaps.org

musicman888

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 05:20 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Thanks Rm860. I will see if that helps but he did tell me, I thought i said it in my original post but maybe I didn't, that when he clicks the download button it just stays at the page he was on and does not go to the homepage. But what you gave me is a start so thanks. :D

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 05:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
that article should help, usually it's a router or firewall blocking a port. port 51 i think but it says in the article.

musicman888

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 05:33 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
OK. Thanks Rm860.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed August 12, 2020 2:54 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website