A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »(n00b question) making an bitmap(2 layers)

Author Topic: (n00b question) making an bitmap(2 layers) (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Gijs007

xfire=gijs007 if you add me tell you are from here

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 08:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
hello.

i had made an map an time ago but tool gave me errors with that tutorial well i find another tut.
i now use Basic Map Tutorial (HTML & PDF Formats) (Author: {KaS} Korori) link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1714

well it has an hi rating so i guess it's good.

it says i have to make an layer picture of my map but how do i do this in paint?
i also got paint.net which i tried but than i save the picture of my map as 1 layer... and use tool but than tool gives me errors...

can someone tell my clear how i make my map or send em an very good tutorial cause i really get confuse(yes i searched the forums and also searched other tutorials)
and if i don't understand something ill ask in this topic again.

thanks

Gijs007
btw: happy new year
ow and the link to the tutorial is broken in the sticky...
+ tutorial may be text(with pictures please) or an video(with speaking and you should hear it good cause i seen vid tut's where its like if they are talking will eating... or with background noice...) they should also be understandable for someone that's not English.(yes i can write and read English but if they are gonna talk with hard word's i don't understand)

ill send my old map that gave errors soon i got 2 upload it as an zip maybe someone can look in to it? and fix it for me so i can make my first map(may be stupid but its just for learning)
ok this is the map: www.dhost.info/xgc/xmt_dang_grove.zip
can i still change the name cause i hear there was an clan called xmt so can it be changed to XG? thanks...

ok the problem with this map i when i open it in sapien(for radio city things) i only get to see black i don't see the sky... and when i press the ~ button i don't see the halo console and my mouse disappears...

Edited by Gijs007 on Dec 31, 2007 at 09:07 AM

bobbysoon

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 07:44 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Layers? No, i think he meant channels.
You need to make an alpha channel, and fill it white to be opaque (or black to be transparent).
After saving it (I save as TIF), "Tool Bitmaps <folder where image is>",
open the new bitmap in guerilla and set format to explicit alpha, and run tool agian
then open the shader and fill in the map field

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 09:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
i have seen this lots and am kinda confused. So if in a .shaderenvironment i make a primary detail map and a secondary detail map, the primary uses the white in alpha and the secondary uses the black in alpha. I have never tryed to make a part of bitmap transparent by using alpha but i cant see it working the way i am doing it.
Does this only work for maybe a .shader model or something or what am i missing.

bobbysoon

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 11:59 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
rip and look at bloodgulch's "blood_ground.shader_environment". I admit I don't know either, because I start with a copy of blood ground

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 01:33 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
yea thats what i mean the sand and grass are controlled by the primary and secondary detailmaps which are controlled by the black and white in alpha, so where does the opacity talk come from. i have done this lots of times and am not mistaken, this is what happens for me. im still wandering, lost. :)

Gijs007

xfire=gijs007 if you add me tell you are from here

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 05:03 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
so all i need is an file with an black place where the black is the canyon.

something like this: www.dhost.info/xgc/map.tif

or do i need more?

i am not sure if i understand

well already thanks for helping me

can someone take an look at this zip?

www.dhost.info/xgc/xmt_dang_grove.zip

and tell my whats wrong with it.
+ could the name XMT changed to XG? i was planing to make an extream modding team part of my extream gaming clan but i heard there was an xmt clan

bobbysoon

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 06:48 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
I think you're map name == scenario name == folder name, so change all 3. Re-validate the scenario in Guerilla or Sapien before tooling

this is blood ground's shader: type=blended, radiosity flag 'simple parameterization' checked

here's it's base map, that does the blending:
primary is sand (scale 100), secondary is grass (scale 60)

opacity==alpha, in my mind x)
If that bitmap were used in a type normal shader, the grassy areas would be transparent to the great nothing below

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 4:08 AM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website