A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »Halo Movies Announcements »Most Offensive Halo Vid EVER

Author Topic: Most Offensive Halo Vid EVER (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Daemon

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 03:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 16       
I took sound bits from popular movies, YouTube flicks and songs containing ‘offensive’ dialogue/themes and machinimated them for fun (kudos to Boinky33 for original idea).

It is offensive, as the name implies. View at your own risk.

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/Offensive_Halo_Final.wmv.html
Edited by Daemon on Jan 21, 2008 at 06:11 PM

Daemon

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 08:17 AM    Msg. 2 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: haschenundengel
that was gay

I'm sorry you feel that way. Any suggested tips or constructive criticism?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 11:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Daemon
Any suggested tips or constructive criticism?

The sound levels were all over the place and needed to be normalized some were too lound some too soft, there is a fraps logo in the center of the screen that indicates you are not serious about making machinima (investing $25.00 is a very small price for machinima production) and the subject matter was I can only assume intended to be "shocking" for no other reason than a vain attempt at getting attention. I didn't find it very funny since there was no apparent theme or reason to tie the vignettes together to make them worth watching.

Daemon

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 02:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The sound levels were all over the place and needed to be normalized some were too lound some too soft,

Sound's always been a problem of mine. Thanks.

there is a fraps logo in the center of the screen that indicates you are not serious about making machinima (investing $25.00 is a very small price for machinima production)

I disagree here, simply because some of the bigger names in Halo 1 PC Machinima such as QuackJAG and RVB Shard often use Fraps for their videos, so saying that i'm not serious about Machinima because I use it is a weak point. Regardless, I see where you're coming from and I have started using other products for filming (The 'Outpost: Alpha Trailer,' for example).

and the subject matter was I can only assume intended to be "shocking" for no other reason than a vain attempt at getting attention.

Partly correct. I was trying to do something unique. The idea has been around for a while (thus, my kudo to Boinky33, who gave me the idea to try it out) and I just thought i'd give it a shot.

I didn't find it very funny since there was no apparent theme or reason to tie the vignettes together to make them worth watching.

If you need a central theme to material to find it humorous then, to be quite honest, this wasn't meant for you. Sorry.

Thanks for the help, though. I can see where you're coming from with most of this stuff.
Edited by Daemon on Feb 14, 2008 at 02:51 PM

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 02:18 AM    Msg. 5 of 16       
I, for one, did not find it offensive, but funny. :D

Wolf_

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 07:17 AM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Quote: I disagree here, simply because some of the bigger names in Halo 1 PC Machinima such as QuackJAG and RVB Shard often use Fraps for their videos, so saying that i'm not serious about Machinima because I use it is a weak point. Regardless, I see where you're coming from and I have started using other products for filming (The 'Outpost: Alpha Trailer,' for example).
That they payed for.

Daemon

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 09:06 AM    Msg. 7 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
That they payed for.

Although I will concede that RVB Shard seems to use the paid version now, for the most part QuackJAG even to this day uses freeware Fraps (due to the ever-present watermark). The point is moot, however, since it still doesn't change the fact that they are some of the best names in Halo PC Machinima and have made the majority of their videos with freeware Fraps. And although this doesn't condone my using of it to film, it doesn't incriminate it, either.

Dennis

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 10:22 AM    Msg. 8 of 16       
still doesn't change the fact that they are some of the best names in Halo PC Machinima
I have never heard of either of them.
have made the majority of their videos with freeware Fraps. And although this doesn't condone my using of it to film, it doesn't incriminate it, either.

Using watermarked video capture software is like showing up for a job interview in ripped jeans and a scruffy Tee shirt with "suck this" across the front. You may not believe it but appearances do count and if you are not willing to forgo a few Big Macs to purchase an inexpensive capture software product then you are not serious about what you are doing.

PsiMatrix

Sshh, it happens!

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 02:20 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
still doesn't change the fact that they are some of the best names in Halo PC Machinima
I have never heard of either of them.
have made the majority of their videos with freeware Fraps. And although this doesn't condone my using of it to film, it doesn't incriminate it, either.

Using watermarked video capture software is like showing up for a job interview in ripped jeans and a scruffy Tee shirt with "suck this" across the front. You may not believe it but appearances do count and if you are not willing to forgo a few Big Macs to purchase an inexpensive capture software product then you are not serious about what you are doing.
A more common analogy is like watching TV or DVD of anything.

TV is often interrupted by advertisements/commercials or in someway watermarked. Often the case is that since it doesn't cost you anything directly to recieve it then you live with it (channel mark in the corner, commercials every ten minutes, etc.). The operator needs to do what they can to get their money's worth out of their investment.

DVD is usually fullscreen, non-marked and uninterrupted. But you've paid for it. The expense has been covered so there's no need to watch a commercial or who produced the DVD since it's all over the packaging. And you get a better experience for it.

With regards to the video: it was boring, mostly because the sound was all over the place(as Dennis has stated). It was a collection of audio streams set to film. Some of the last section was amusing but only becuase I like the song not what was actually going on.
Edited by PsiMatrix on Feb 15, 2008 at 02:29 PM

Daemon

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 05:00 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
Yeesh...I come back from a sub-zero hike in the ADKs and everyone's wailing at me.

Quote: --- Original message by: Daemon still doesn't change the fact that they are some of the best names in Halo PC Machinima
Quote: --- Original message by: DennisI have never heard of either of them.

Surprising, considering that QuackJAG has an account here and posted a thread concerning his new Silvermoon series. Granted, there are 15,000 users here, but still.

And whether or not you have heard of them doesn't change the fact that both are pretty big Halo 1 PC Machinimists (is that a word? Is now.), nor that they are well known. If you were trying to make a point, then it was a very weak one.

I just said above that just because they use it doesn't mean that I should also, therefore your little 'attack' was completely unneccessary. I know that it isn't 'good' or 'professional', and this video was neither, so what's your beef? There are plenty of good reasons why I have used the Fraps freeware:

1. I'm no whiz at filming in Halo, and Cinematography is not one of my skills. So although taking away the Fraps logo by upgrading would be great (setting aside the fact that the full Fraps costs more then Halo CE does and doesn't have alot of the features that made me choose Fraps in the first place, like sound recording, and that i'm saving my money for things that actually matter like an apartment instead of some frivolous hobby [see below] that will probably pass in a few months), it wouldn't improve the actual movie by alot since the camera angles and what not will still not be that good-looking to even be worth it.
2. This is a hobby. I'm not serious about alot of the movies that I make. The only part that I truly take seriously is:
3. Writing. Which is why anytime someone comes up with a series I say 'I'll be a script writer'. Which is why I made the MIA Series in the first place, because I thought it would be great. The rest? Just fun.

Ergo, stop with your ranting. I know that freeware fraps isn't the best, I said it not even a comment ago. So yeah, I got your message. "FREEWARE FRAPS = BAD." Unless you have anything else that you haven't said already, then I think we're done here.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 05:16 PM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
Quote: I disagree here, simply because some of the bigger names in Halo 1 PC Machinima such as QuackJAG and RVB Shard often use Fraps for their videos, so saying that i'm not serious about Machinima because I use it is a weak point. Regardless, I see where you're coming from and I have started using other products for filming (The 'Outpost: Alpha Trailer,' for example).
That they payed for.

If your trying to use RvB as an example for Fraps you failed misserably. Red Vs Blue was recorded with a capture card you can buy externally or enternally for your PC. You plug a Console into it then record with software. Not fraps.

Quote: size=1]--- Original message by: Most Offensive Halo Vid EVER
Wanna know how I know your gay? You make a immature video like this one.

Edited by Nexus Halo on Feb 17, 2008 at 05:18 PM

Dennis

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 06:03 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
2. This is a hobby. I'm not serious about alot of the movies that I make.
This was the point of the observation: that it shows.

Whether you use a watermarked product or not is no concern of mine but if you were serious then you would not have used a watermarked product. If you want to be taken seriously then you would purchase a capture software product. The choice is yours.
stop with your ranting.
There was no ranting in my posts and it was not an attack it was an assertion that using a watermarked product is an indication of lack of dedication to the art and that it is inexpensive to purchase one of the key tools you will use to create it. It costs about the same as 5 big Mac’s to purchase the capture software.

Daemon

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 06:40 PM    Msg. 13 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
If your trying to use RvB as an example for Fraps you failed misserably. Red Vs Blue was recorded with a capture card you can buy externally or enternally for your PC. You plug a Console into it then record with software. Not fraps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rvbshard

Whether you use a watermarked product or not is no concern of mine but if you were serious then you would not have used a watermarked product. If you want to be taken seriously then you would purchase a capture software product. The choice is yours.

Now that we both are of the understanding that i'm using other products, we can move on.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 06:05 PM    Msg. 14 of 16       
That's not Red Vs Blue. That's totally different. Red Vs Blue was filmed on a Xbox. It was made by rooster teeth not shard productions.
http://www.redvsblue.com/

Daemon

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 10:06 PM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
That's not Red Vs Blue. That's totally different. Red Vs Blue was filmed on a Xbox. It was made by rooster teeth not shard productions.
http://www.redvsblue.com/

I know...it's almost as if I posted that trying to TELL you that it's not Red Vs. Blue. Seriously, i'm not being a smartass so much as you're being a complete idiot. I posted that link so that you would finally get it through your dysfunctional synapse that, yes, Shard productions is not Red vs Blue, a fact which any layman with ten fingers could've found out by doing a fricken' GOOGLE SEARCH.

I mean, what the hell? First you tell me that I had for some reason made a mistake about RVB Shard using Fraps (by using the impeccable logic that anything with the letters 'R' 'V' and 'B' can be none other then Red vs Blue), I reply with a link to RVB Shard's YouTube page to quietly reveal to you your error without making you look like too much of an assumptious moron, and what is this I see before me? You blabbering on about how it's not Red vs Blue? Well 'Choo choo', here's the Clue Train, last stop is you...

RVB SHARD DOES NOT = RED VS BLUE

RVB Shard is an improv ranter who uses Fraps. He frequently makes rants about Halo, Microsoft and Video Games. Research his page a bit, or for that matter, get accustomed to researching material you are uncertain about before you shoot off your vitriol saturated garbage. I'm getting really tired of your antics, and I think that you of all people here can resolve this issue like the 17-year-old I hope you actually are.

In short, I bequeath unto you this time-tested adage of the internet:

Next time, just look it up. Please. It makes life easier, and me alot more fun to be around.

If you want to keep wailing to me on this subject, then take it to PMs so nobody else has to see this trash.

Thank you. Good day.

Dennis

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:14 PM    Msg. 16 of 16       
, i'm not being a smartass so much as you're being a complete idiot..
You have suceeded in being both. Topic locked.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 7:39 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website