A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Portal Game Maps (Valve) »Portal Game Play Discussion »Valve confirms more Portal

Author Topic: Valve confirms more Portal (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Limited

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 02:33 PM    Msg. 1 of 13       
Yup, more portal, yay (This is quite old, but I thought I'd post to let the masses know)

"Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi said the company would be pursuing the Portal phenomenon, and that it planned to add significantly more to the game than simply "a bunch of new puzzles." Speaking to Eurogamer, Lombardi said, "There'll be more Portal, for sure. But the details of that, to be honest, we're still working out."

"The only smart thing we did for Portal was to hire those seven kids and give them the support they needed to make the game," he added.

Typically for Valve, Lombardi wouldn't comment on any sort of potential release date of either Portal or the next chapter in the Half-Life 2 story. "With Episode Three we want to live up to the promise of where we are taking things to; there's a lot of working being done to make sure we deliver on that promise," he said. "

I like this sound of "more to the game than simply "a bunch of new puzzles" :D

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=91768
Edited by Limited on Feb 7, 2008 at 02:34 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 04:25 PM    Msg. 2 of 13       
Check out the level Strider http://www.portalgamemaps.com/index.cfm?fid=78 it is relatively simple but is an excellent example of using the portal functions within the Half Life universe.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 02:27 PM    Msg. 3 of 13       
Maybe Half Life 2 Episode 3 will make use of portals in some way... If you played Episode 2, you'd know why I mentioned it.
Edited by SiMuLaCrUm on Feb 9, 2008 at 02:27 PM

Limited

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 06:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: SiMuLaCrUm
Maybe Half Life 2 Episode 3 will make use of portals in some way... If you played Episode 2, you'd know why I mentioned it.
Edited by SiMuLaCrUm on Feb 9, 2008 at 02:27 PM

I should really probably finish Hl2, then do EP1 and EP2. For some reason I get feel sick (physically) after playing too much HL2. CSS I'm fine. I have no idea why.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 07:07 PM    Msg. 5 of 13       
You're crazy.... Maybe....

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 08:57 PM    Msg. 6 of 13       
Or think with portals.... but that never works...

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 01:41 PM    Msg. 7 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Limited
[ For some reason I get feel sick (physically) after playing too much HL2. CSS I'm fine. I have no idea why.
The HL2 game does that to people, it did it to me as well, especially when driving the airboat. I could only play 5-10 minutes at a time through that section. The reason is because the visuals of the game mimic the actual physics of the world so closely that your brain is getting conflicting signals from your eyes compared to the rest of the signals you are getting from your body. This causes nausea sort of like after spinning on one of those playground spinners.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 01:59 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
Hmm... Didn't bother me at all...

tygron

Furry and proud :3

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 04:18 AM    Msg. 9 of 13       
Nor me.... but for some reason I can't get into episode one at all.... it's just not.... as fun as the first half life 2....

But just to let you guys know (those of you who don't watch xplay on a regular basis) Valve has confirmed that they are working on portal 2 now, however there are no details (as of a few days ago when xplay said this) if it will be bundled with another game or stand alone.

tygron

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 08:43 PM    Msg. 10 of 13       
Thats what i'm guessing.... but i'm gonna get it so no problem there...... I just wish I could get into the mood for episode 1 though...

tygron

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 11:24 PM    Msg. 11 of 13       
And thats why I need to beat episode one..... oh and welcome to the forums capt hat, and thanks for letting me borrow half life one.

Now who's up for more companion cubes?

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 10:16 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       
Yay for no companion cube!

tygron

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 10:42 PM    Msg. 13 of 13       
Meh I still say I wish I hadn't read that article in Games for Windows Magazine.... but whatever....... [inside joke] now do a barrel roll [/inside joke] I wonder wether aperaturescience.com (might be spelled wrong) will get any new stuff on it.... like a new game..... I like args and I hope they do something for portal 2.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 10:56 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website