A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »Halo Movies Announcements »Life of a Hunter: Prologue 2

Author Topic: Life of a Hunter: Prologue 2 (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

PsiMatrix

Sshh, it happens!

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 02:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I've been out of the machinima loop for a while now and I've just got the urge to film back again. A project I started in 2005 which flopped has recently regained my attention and I'm making it my duty to finish so I have at least one project done. So I managed to create one short this week while I finish off the scripts for the actual series.

LOAH Prologue 2 "Gold has a quick word with two of the Hunters" - http://echozulufilms.com/download.php?view.53

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 06:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
O_O, what is up with that Elite's skin?!

Other than that, good job.

PsiMatrix

Sshh, it happens!

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 08:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
That would be cel-shading. I decided to go with a different look since there's umpteen gazillion Halo machinimas out there to make mine stand out a bit more.

That's what took a long time to manage was converting the bitmap mod to Halo CE so I could make use of the camera as well as input various bipeds so I don't have to use a lot of camera tricks (just editing ones:) )
Edited by PsiMatrix on Feb 15, 2008 at 08:07 PM

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 08:14 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Ah, okay, cel-shading. Pretty nice, it looks like they are AI-infested toys. :P

Is... there going to be fighting?

PsiMatrix

Sshh, it happens!

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 10:28 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
For the most part, no. It's going to be mostly visual gags or situations at first mainly because I can't grasp AI yet. And since most of the characters are on the same side there won't be much reason for them to fight.

If I had to define it now; it's a comedy-drama. The episodes will also be short-ish and very visual which is kind of ironic given how low-definition the visuals are.

The season plan is to introduce everyone. meet the bad guys, two crazyness episodes, one rainy crazy episode, an over-the-top crazy episode, one than can only be described as Groundhog Day and then a four-part finale to the Chapter. At least that's the plan. Hopefully I can fit some action sequences in to the finale and there will be a few in episodes preceeding it. The big limit on this is that I'm only one person doing all the filming work at the moment and until I leanr how to put in AI it might be a little borig at first. The story should make up for that.

The only reason for it being set in Blood Gulch is for continuity. The first episode I created only had a Hunter modded into the PC Bloodgulch map. Since I'm familiar the setting will be the same however there are other maps being created utilising some of the campaign maps and the finale will see a departure from the Gulch one way or the other.

Daemon

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 06:45 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Were we supposed to listen to this backwards?

PsiMatrix

Sshh, it happens!

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 07:57 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Daemon
Were we supposed to listen to this backwards?
It's Sangheili, it's meant to sound like that and emphasises the fact that the Hunters can't understand him.

I asked my friend which parts he wanted to do and he chose Gold. Then I asked him if he wouldn't mind saying some random stuff for a minute or two which he did. So go ahead and listen to it backwards... it's quite inane.

Daemon

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 09:11 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
http://useruploads.mythica.org/cgi-bin/watch.cgi?f=Movie-1341.wmv&sid=3276690

Just for the hell of it, I reversed it. Enjoy, it's kinda funny.

Oh and BTW, thumbs up for series. This'll be good.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 15, 2019 2:33 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website