A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »coldsnap gathering exception data problem

Author Topic: coldsnap gathering exception data problem (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

randyscab

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:16 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I don't know where else to go for help with this problem. I have been playing Halo and Halo CE for a long time and never had this happen til playing on your map. I got gathering exception data msgs and had Halo CE game close down on me on 2 seperate occasions. I was playing on it with a different friend each time and they both had the same thing happen. The only thing both instances seem to have in common is that we were both on same team and only players in the game. We set the game up on my CE server that I am renting using "ctf" as the gametype. We played the map several times with players on both teams and had no problems. We were new to the map so when other players quit we made sure we were on same team so we could explore the map together. After a while of doing this the gathering exception data msg came up and closed down our Halo CE games on both instances. Like I said before I have NEVER had this happen to me before and neither had either of my friends. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

randyscab

Dhark

I believe in Dennis Powers

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 12:42 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
were u using dev? (also if ur client using dev, if the server does the 'newgame' function; instant exception)

playing with c4 can give exceptions, longsword and mythos sometimes do it too. Sometimes, although very rare, the coldsnap map just does it, maybe something to do with the change of day feature in the map?

Also: excessive grenades or needle projectiles are an almost certain exception error, modded needles with modified explosion timer is twice as likely to give exception errors.

Perhaps u were toying around with something u shouldnt....?

HogdriverOneFiveFive

Prodigal Son Returns-Actual Join Date April, 2006.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 02:42 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
it is just coldsnap.
i did a study a month or 2 ago and i set the server timer to about 50 min, it didnt exception, about 65 it did though, so it must be to do with the maps sheer size.

Scott

No.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 05:26 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
coldsnap is the dumbest map every made.

i suggest you just delete it now.

HogdriverOneFiveFive

Prodigal Son Returns-Actual Join Date April, 2006.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 06:35 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: selentic
Or the maps sheer suck :|

hehe that too.
the only thing remotley vauble in that map is that sexy white lamborgini hog.
you can see it in this vid. i did a few jumps with it perfectly executed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbR0msdhg8
Edited by HogdriverOneFiveFive on Feb 26, 2008 at 06:35 PM

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 03:03 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: selentic
Quote: --- Original message by: Scott
coldsnap is the dumbest map every made.

i suggest you just delete it now.

I approve of this comment.

As do I.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat February 22, 2020 9:16 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website