A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Halo PC and Halo CE Technical Difficulties.....

Author Topic: Halo PC and Halo CE Technical Difficulties..... (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

musicman888

"Blade be true this day."

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 08:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
First off, Dennis, I am not sure where to post this so if this isn't the right Forum Section, fell free to move it to where it needs to go.

Secondly, I have been playing Halo Custom Edition for a little over a year now and then suddenly I go to check out some of the new maps in game and BAM! I get lag on everything. I lag even on the UI of HCE and HPC. I looked at my FPS in-game on BG and on the UI Main Menu. Here's as follows:

Quote: In Game: ON BG

Standing still - 10 FPS
Moving - Under 10, VERY lucky to get 15

UI - Fluctuates between 10 and 20, spikes briefly at 60 sometimes

In Safe Mode IN Game: on BG

Everything FPS wise is fine. Even on UI.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both games but that didn't work. I have done system restores and that didn't work. I have done a defragmentation but that didn't work either.

I am pretty sure it is not my graphics card either because I can run all other games on High settings just fine as if I were in Halo.

Please, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 08:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
What new programs have you loaded? What has changed since it llast worked OK. Have you updated something Xfire, MSN, the things you run when you play the game? Turn off everything not required to run the game. Everything not required to run the operating system and see if that corrects it.

General Troubleshooting
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=395

musicman888

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 10:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Thanks for the tips Dennis and thanks for the Troubleshooting link. I tried everything on there though but still it is doing the same things as in my first post.

But thanks for the tips.

Bokito

Playing ODST since 09-21-09

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 11:43 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
if u got loads of maps, you should delete some, but i dont know if that lags the UI, but it makes ur loading time WAAY longer.

musicman888

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 12:05 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
BUMP.

The amount of maps would only make Halo CE load longer I think. And would increasing the Virtual Memory capacity help out this issue?

Half Jaw

You did good, son. You did good.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 10:37 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Someone Should Make A Playable UI Map it....would.....be......AWESOME.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed August 12, 2020 2:33 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website