A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »why dont bungie

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: why dont bungie (68 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

poop

Fear is the mindkiller, WE ARE NOT AFRAID!

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 04:10 PM    Msg. 1 of 68       
Bungie made halo ce so y don't they upgrade it. like making it so u can change your armor like halo 3 i think that would be awesome. and dont say any about skins for maps i mean perniment

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 04:13 PM    Msg. 2 of 68       
gearbox were the ones that got us halo ce. Halo ce is an unsupported upgrade. It was just something released to give halo pc users freedom to mod. bungie does not really care about halo ce now as it's for an old game.

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 04:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 68       
What the hell did he say?

poop

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 05:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 68       
then why dont some one make a mod for that i think i would pay for something like that cuz it would be AWESOME.

hey wait a minute is this like a amor for alaround use im going to check it out
/hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1198
Edited by poop on Apr 1, 2008 at 05:18 PM

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 05:17 PM    Msg. 5 of 68       
Because Bungie does NOT own Halo anymore. Microsoft does.

And if you did make one, you'd probably get a C&D letter.

poop

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 05:23 PM    Msg. 6 of 68       
nvm its for maps that u are making

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 05:41 PM    Msg. 7 of 68       
Dude... Bungie is a branch off of microsoft..

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 05:52 PM    Msg. 8 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
Dude... Bungie is a branch off of microsoft..

Was a branch of Microsoft. Not anymore.

Why don't they update it? Because not enough people play it. Gearbox is busy with other things.

ICEE

Hark!

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 06:25 PM    Msg. 9 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: Massacre
What money do they stand to make?
exactly. Its all about money, and CE is free.

poop

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 05:03 PM    Msg. 10 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: poop
then why dont some one make a mod for that i think i would pay for something like that cuz it would be AWESOME.
Quote:

i said i would pay for it

Edited by poop on Apr 2, 2008 at 05:04 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 08:04 PM    Msg. 11 of 68       
Bungie made halo ce so y don't they upgrade it.
You know why. I am sure you must have read the EULA when you installed the software. You clicked OK to install it didn't you?

Quote:
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

Be sure to carefully read and understand all of the rights and restrictions described in this End User License Agreement (“EULA”). You will be asked to review and either accept or not accept the terms of the EULA.

This product will not set up on your computer unless or until you accept the terms of the EULA.

Note: These downloadable features provided by Gearbox Software LLC (“Gearbox”) on this website are UNSUPPORTED and are provided solely for use with the Microsoft® Halo® software game for the personal computer.

Dennis

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 08:24 PM    Msg. 12 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: selentic
I never read those, and theyre void to me until "A reasonable time after I turn 18" anyway.
Your parent or guardian is fully responsibility for any infraction of the EULA you may make. You are not as exempt from legal action as you think. The responsibility for your actions fall fully on your parents or guardian in the US, Canada, UK Mexico and Australia that I am positive of and most likely in all countries where the product has been sold. If you are an emancipated minor then your age has no bearing and you are fully responsible.

Yes, I know Canadian law because I spent 12 years working for a company that had manufacturing in the US, Canada, Mexico and Australia. I worked closely with our legal department on licensing issues.

poop

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 08:05 PM    Msg. 13 of 68       
my dad read it i just play the game but u are looking around the point who ever made it y dont they upgrade it

or some one dont have to make a program like halo 3 (which would be nice) but like u can download new armor and use it in game play that would be AWESOME and change the color of suit parts and not just the suit.
Edited by poop on Apr 3, 2008 at 08:09 PM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 08:10 PM    Msg. 14 of 68       
Gearbox has better things to do and if they did upgrade they would make nothing from it but instead lose money to pay and supply the people who work on it. We are lucky to have what we have.

(Who would make an update for the game anyway? Would gearbox be the people who would update it or would Microsoft have to hire a different team? But it doesn't matter because it will NEVER happen)

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 08:12 PM    Msg. 15 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
But it doesn't matter because it will NEVER happen)
Thats what they said about Halo The Movie. But guess what, they re-started working on it and Michael Bay is going to be the director.

Dennis

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 08:30 PM    Msg. 16 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: H4Z4RD
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
But it doesn't matter because it will NEVER happen)
Thats what they said about Halo The Movie. But guess what, they re-started working on it and Michael Bay is going to be the director.
A movie will make money an update to a free unsupported game will never make money. Your reasoning just compared apples to a chair.

poop

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 07:44 AM    Msg. 17 of 68       
or some one dont have to make a program like halo 3 (which would be nice) but like u can download new armor and use it in game play that would be AWESOME and change the color of suit parts and not just the suit.
Edited by poop on Apr 3, 2008 at 08:09 PM

maybe some one could do that we have people doing that stuff like every day
and i said i would pay for it i think like $30 would be the highest i would payfor a progam that does that but it would be AWESOME.

DarkZealot

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 07:56 AM    Msg. 18 of 68       
It's impossible. You cannot change armor. If you want it, GET HALO 3. Seriously, the engine is 8 years old. Halo 3's is ONE year old. Big difference.

ALD_KaiZei

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 04:21 PM    Msg. 19 of 68       
srsly, just go buy Halo 3... and mabey some grammar lessons while your at it...

poop

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 07:34 PM    Msg. 20 of 68       
i have halo 3 it is just it would be cool if it were on here and what also would be good is like a forge kinda thing that would be cool to cuz the editing kit is too complex and it would be just easier.

u dont have to change every map to do that it would be cool but what if it was just the origanal maps or just the new ones that would be cool to im talking about innovation u could make money off of this or sell software to do do all of this stuff.

P.S i don't need grammar skills on the computer u guys wouldn't understand it.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 07:51 PM    Msg. 21 of 68       
It's easier to understand what your saying if you use proper grammer and spell most of the words correctly. Halo is a old game so it's out of Microsoft, bungie and Gearbox's minds. They don't care about it anymore.

Jay2645

Cortana saw you naked.

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 07:59 PM    Msg. 22 of 68       
I have Halo 3 it is just that it would be cool if we could change our armor on Halo CE, and what also would be nice to have is like a Forge kinda thing. That would be cool too, because the editing kit is too complex.

You don't have to change every map to do that, it would be cool but what if it could be just the original maps, or just the new ones, that would be cool too. I'm talking about innovation, you could make money off of this, or sell software to do do all of this stuff.

P.S. I don't need grammar skills on the computer, you guys wouldn't understand it.

*Cracks Knuckles*
There, now that I can read it, time to tell him what's wrong with his argument.
No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

If you wanted to make something in CE, LEARN THE HEK. Are you too stupid to learn the HEK? It's not that hard. Forge is NOTHING compared to the power of the (Halo 1) HEK.

You DO have to change every map you want to do that too, and people without the updated maps wouldn't be able to play with those updated maps. Hmm... You could make money off of what is, since it isn't compatible with regular CE, a new game... Hey! I have an idea! Let's add in a new campaign! And update the graphics! Oh wait, not everyone's computer can handle good graphics... I know! Put it on the most powerful system, the Xbox 360 (Statistically, PS3 only does better in "ideal conditions", which are never satisfied in real life. The 360's statistics were measured by Microsoft in "real life" conditions, and if they were both measured on the same scale, the 360's power passes it. Plus, the 360 can handle better AI.)! What do we have now? Halo 3.

Not to mention Halo CE is not in Bungie's or Gearbox's minds anymore. They don't care about it.

Oh, yes you do need grammar skills on the computer. You need grammar skills in life, right? Otherwise you flunk 9th Grade (Though you sound more like 3rd grade) English, and can't graduate. Last time I checked, Halo, and Halo Custom Edition, are both rated "M" for mature, not "W" for whiny 12 year olds. Though you sound younger than that; you sound younger than ODX, even.
Edited by Jay2645 on Apr 4, 2008 at 08:02 PM

poop

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 08:23 PM    Msg. 23 of 68       
in halo 3 u cant make ur own maps in halo 3. im not saying that we should create a new halo im saying lets update this one. and u could just upgrade new/original maps and still play on the ones without u can turn on the program and then turn it off or some thing use ur imagination. i never said up grade graphics we don't need that u can make better graphics on ur computer and thats called a video card the more powerful one u have the better the graphics. i have a high def computer and maybe u don't so therefore i have better graphics on my computer. when friends come over to my house to play videos games on my computer they say i have better graphics on my computer than a xbox.
and a xbox is not more powerful than a computer LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

DarkZealot

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 09:32 PM    Msg. 24 of 68       
In my opinion Forge is awesome because it can't crash when you do something wrong. <_< Sapien on the other hand....

poop

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 09:42 PM    Msg. 25 of 68       
maybe we should ask bitterbanana he does a lot of dev stuff. and when u click on some thing then u make a copy of it then u can place it some where.

_TheArbiter_

"stupidity is an epidemic " - Donut

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 09:52 PM    Msg. 26 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
In my opinion Forge is awesome because it can't crash when you do something wrong. <_< Sapien on the other hand....

no....im sure that if u remove a single tag from a weapon or something in halo3, it would crash or the object wouldnt spawn......if u play around on sapien with the tags the HEK brings and without touching ANYTHING and just moving objects around it wont crash.....

poop

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 10:00 PM    Msg. 27 of 68       
ur talking to technical if u do make one first thing u do is.....
trivia time

answer: tell me

poop

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 10:07 PM    Msg. 28 of 68       
i stilll say just ask bitter banana or if u think u can do it then ok but i dont know what a MP is.

DarkZealot

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 10:23 PM    Msg. 29 of 68       
Yes, but Halo 3 will not come for the PC. Microsoft has denied ALL rumors, and even said Halo 3 is an 'XBox 360 exclusive'. Halo 2 was only made to probably advertise Vista.

Dennis

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 02:59 AM    Msg. 30 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteaxmen
Gearbox made the file format for Halo CE, but did they make Hotfix?
Yes.

Jay2645

Cortana saw you naked.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 03:14 AM    Msg. 31 of 68       
Ugh, this noob won't stop, OK? He just won't listen to logic.

Oh, and a 360 IS more powerful than a computer. Most computers for the casual gamer (Not those gamers with everything upgraded) have around 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP, and a video card just barely capable of pumping out the Source engine's graphics. Not to mention the background processes that are always running in a computer draw more power away from the computer, and, since you can't shut these off without crippling your computer, effectively dampen the power that could be directed to other means. Meanwhile, 360s don't have to deal with background processes, and start off with more power than most computers.

And to get back on topic: It will never happen, shut up about it. You're getting as bad as Master Chief from Master Chief Sucks at Halo, especially with your LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL back there. Yeah, that was REAL mature.

DarkZealot

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 10:03 AM    Msg. 32 of 68       
switch_armor_head recon
switch_armor_lshoulder recon
switch_armor_rshoulder recon
switch_armor_body bungie

Pfft. Imagine how many people would be wearing Recon armor then. Although it would be cool, I don't think (if Halo 3 does come out for PC) they'll include a dev mode command to switch armor.

See? I changed my armor!
Edited by DarkZealot on Apr 5, 2008 at 10:09 AM

poop

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 10:16 AM    Msg. 33 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteaxmen[
Thats besides the point. i think it could be possible with Dev Mode. if you can switch bipeds in-game, then you should hide bipeds somewhere and use Dev Mode to switch to different armor
Edited by eliteaxmen on Apr 5, 2008 at 09:51 AM

now that sounds like an idea ummm im not a programmer so i wouldnt know about how to work dev mode in that way ask some one who is more experienced like bitterbanana. a computer is more powerful than a xbox (lmao) think of a super computer is an xbox more powerful than that or even my duel processor computer it is still better than an xbox i have halo 2 for my computer and it runs with better graphics than a xbox. i can still play music form yahoo and play it at the same time while having devs in the back ground and an internet connection so i can find sculls. i think ur talking about it wouldnt work for all computers cuz not all computers are as powerful as a super computer or mine but it will work for some.
Edited by poop on Apr 5, 2008 at 10:16 AM

aklass

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 11:33 AM    Msg. 34 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jay2645

Oh, and a 360 IS more powerful than a computer. Most computers for the casual gamer (Not those gamers with everything upgraded) have around 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP, and a video card just barely capable of pumping out the Source engine's graphics. Not to mention the background processes that are always running in a computer draw more power away from the computer, and, since you can't shut these off without crippling your computer, effectively dampen the power that could be directed to other means. Meanwhile, 360s don't have to deal with background processes, and start off with more power than most computers.

And to get back on topic: It will never happen, shut up about it. You're getting as bad as Master Chief from Master Chief Sucks at Halo, especially with your LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL back there. Yeah, that was REAL mature.

Most likely wont happen but the 360 also dedicates 1 of its 3 cores for the OS so you practically have a dual core playing games. and most comps actually have about 2gbs of ram right now and a good graphics card that will destroy the 360 card isn't much ( 360 has about 46 stream processors which will be beat by an hd3850). also a quad core is pretty cheap atm phenoms are cheap and the q6600 is going down so 360's aren't better than comps. Also windows 7may be released next year http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9911470-56.html so they could port halo 3 to that.

TVTyrant

Who am I?

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 12:02 PM    Msg. 35 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jay2645

Hahaha, sounds like my computer. "I should get Counter-Strike..." "Would are graphics card handle it?"

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu October 17, 2019 1:36 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website