A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »JUST STOP!

Author Topic: JUST STOP! (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 09:46 PM    Msg. 1 of 17       
Alright, everyone pay attention right here. Don't feed the trolls coming into our site. I am trying to get valuable information on making parts of my map, but the more you all bump their threads the less chance I and anyone else with questions can get info. DON'T REPLY TO THEIR POSTS ANYMORE. If you reply and bump the thread than you are just as bad as the spammer itself. This why I think Dennis needs an assistant moderator beside him to stop this crap!

Enzo03
-
Screenshot Guru
-

I'd rather go without than take what you'd bring.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 09:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 17       
Whoever is spamming is probably going to do just the opposite.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 09:50 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
But the more you reply, the more it becomes a problem. IGNORE THE TROLL. You prove nothing but stupidity by replying to them.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 09:53 PM    Msg. 4 of 17       
there is so much wisdom in your post....... seriously (im not being sarcastic either) people, just listen to him. your no better than mr.spammer is if you dont

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 09:56 PM    Msg. 5 of 17       
I was going to post a thread, but I waited for a new member or someone else to show bravery. If this site had rep, this awesome member should get a lot of it.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 09:56 PM    Msg. 6 of 17       
THANK YOU. I deal with spam a ton (I moderate my own set of forums) and I have learned bumping and replying to spam does nothing but cause it to come back. Please stop posting in the spam threads!

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 02:25 PM    Msg. 7 of 17       
Or if you MUST insist on posting something, send a pm.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 03:13 PM    Msg. 8 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
This why I think Dennis needs an assistant moderator beside him to stop this crap!
What you really want is a babysitter. That is not going to happen. I will close the forum if people can't behave. People need to take responsibility for their actions and think before posting. The people who posted in the spam threads were worse that the spammer by keeping those threads active.

If people are not mature enough to ignore that kind of weak minded childishness then they do not belong in this or any forum on the internet. The internet is as much as test of character as it is a medium for communication. If you canít act civilly and maturely when you have the illusion of anonymity then you have failed the test and are a lesser human being not worth knowing.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 05:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 17       
Every single time you reply to a thread, it gets what we call bumped. Bumping is where it puts thethread near the top of the list of threads, or where you would see the threads each time you enter the forums.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Apr 22, 2008 at 05:37 PM

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 09:54 PM    Msg. 10 of 17       
How can you not understand what I am saying? Bumping is replying to a topic and boosting it up to the top of the list of topics.

ICEE

Hark!

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 12:26 AM    Msg. 11 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
This why I think Dennis needs an assistant moderator beside him to stop this crap!
What you really want is a babysitter. That is not going to happen. I will close the forum if people can't behave. People need to take responsibility for their actions and think before posting. The people who posted in the spam threads were worse that the spammer by keeping those threads active.

If people are not mature enough to ignore that kind of weak minded childishness then they do not belong in this or any forum on the internet. The internet is as much as test of character as it is a medium for communication. If you canít act civilly and maturely when you have the illusion of anonymity then you have failed the test and are a lesser human being not worth knowing.

Not to contradict you dennis, but I think that based on the average age group of the people on this forum (which I'm assuming is fairly young), asking for a baby sitter would be just about as close as you might hope to get to taking responsibility for ones own actions. I agree with you 100% though that the internet brings out your true character, and some members are just not mature enough to handle the responsibility of maintaining their own image

AlwinRoth

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 07:50 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
one question Dennis... im sorry if you got so much stuff on your back, but...

are you ever gonna hire someone to help you out?

please dont kill me...
Edited by AlwinRoth on Apr 25, 2008 at 07:51 PM

Killer247

I r mastur chef lololoololololol

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 11:13 PM    Msg. 13 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: haloguy2601
what do u mean by "bumping threads"
Edited by haloguy2601 on Apr 22, 2008 at 04:58 PM

Usually when someone is talking about "bumping", they are talking about an old thread being "brought back from the grave". For Example, and to clarify further:

Sup3r_1337_Kill3r: that's cool, Snoopy0056! -posted December 03, 2006

dumb_idiot: LOLZ that is a gud idae snoopy! -posted June 21, 2008

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 12:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 17       
My opinion
1) dont get involved in these kinds of threads it always turns into a flaming ball of ****
2)Lets dennis handel this kind of stuff
3)ignore this kind of stuff or wel will get these fourms lock (hell I would have done it by now)
4)???
5)Profit

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 12:37 AM    Msg. 15 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlwinRoth
one question Dennis... im sorry if you got so much stuff on your back, but...

are you ever gonna hire someone to help you out?

please dont kill me...
Edited by AlwinRoth on Apr 25, 2008 at 07:51 PM

He already answered. It's a no. You guys have to remeber, Halomaps.org isn't owned by a group of people. It's owned by one person (Dennis) so he has all the power he wants, no matter what anyone here does it will not change his mind. HMO is not a democratic website. It's a dictatorship.

ICEE

Hark!

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 12:44 AM    Msg. 16 of 17       
I think that he said that halomaps was owned by the company and that he cannot hire moderators because company policy demands that only employees can have positions of power in the forum. UXB probably has this policy with other business related websites in mind, but rules is rules.

madkiller92

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 11:18 AM    Msg. 17 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: iron clad
I think that he said that halomaps was owned by the company and that he cannot hire moderators because company policy demands that only employees can have positions of power in the forum. UXB probably has this policy with other business related websites in mind, but rules is rules.
how'd you post at 12:00 when it's only 11:18!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun February 23, 2020 1:12 PM 484 ms.
A Halo Maps Website