A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Sky Creation Tutorials

Author Topic: Sky Creation Tutorials (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: May 4, 2008 11:46 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I've been looking around and have had no success finding a tutorial on how to create a Sky for H2V from scratch. Could anyone post a link if you know of any?

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: May 5, 2008 12:15 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
You have to know how to paint.

YakZSmelk

Posted: May 8, 2008 09:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Does anyone know how to make skies for Halo 2 Vista, I don't even care how to do it anymore, I would just really like to know if it's possible or, if Bungies' skies were just an anomaly.

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 04:48 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
beele made a fake sky in one of his maps i think he just made a circle around the level
and put a bitmap on it i managed to change the color of a sky one time
also thares the gbx model upgrader wich could help convert a sky from ce to h2v considering
the sky has no collition i managed to do it once and added the sky as a tag in sapien to teh middle of my map i had a couple erorrs thoe and stoped trying but i love trying to make skys hope i gave you a couple idias good luck trying to make a new orignal sky!
Edited by jackrabbit on Jun 14, 2008 at 12:42 AM

YakZSmelk

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 03:43 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Thanks alot rabbit, when you were trying to make maps did you work off of a tut for HCE? I looked at one and was going to try making a make a sky as though it was for HCE but use it in H2V...
Edited by YakZSmelk on Jun 20, 2008 at 03:43 PM

johnnyblaz20

wuzzup

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 09:11 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Skys are tricky. Never totally made one but i have modified one. Changing bitmaps around and changing the light direction and power/ and lens flare. To me that would be the road to go down.

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 08:54 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk
Thanks alot rabbit, when you were trying to make maps did you work off of a tut for HCE? I looked at one and was going to try making a make a sky as though it was for HCE but use it in H2V...
Edited by YakZSmelk on Jun 20, 2008 at 03:43 PM

might work !

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 13, 2020 3:55 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website