A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »BSP switching

Author Topic: BSP switching (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Havoc 101

I'm the cake that never stops!

Posted: May 17, 2008 10:14 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
I don't know if someone has asked this before, but I'll post this anyway. I just want to know how to switch the BSP scenarios in game. Like in the map Retribution, where you teleport to different maps like bloodgulch and chillout. If you know, please tell me. I'd be very grateful.

Advancebo

Posted: May 17, 2008 11:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
um thats all in one scenario. all they did was make 1 scenario with the maps in it.

Havoc 101

Posted: May 17, 2008 11:40 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
um thats all in one scenario. all they did was make 1 scenario with the maps in it.

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more descriptive. How did they make it so you could go to all of the maps in one scenario?

HolyShiz

Uber-Noob!(-ish)

Posted: May 18, 2008 01:13 AM    Msg. 4 of 11       
I've been wondering for myself how come my scripts for making a map switch to night time (e.g. Autumn_slay), I've got a mod in progress for my clan, not quite sure what's good in it but it looks great, just too many trees -.-

BTW, that's fusing, and you can do that in gmax or 3dsmax, you gotta edit the BSP itself

Advancebo

Posted: May 18, 2008 09:54 AM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Havoc 101
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more descriptive. How did they make it so you could go to all of the maps in one scenario?

They either made like tunnels or stuff, or they used teleporters. Teleporters can be made in Net Game Flags.

Havoc 101

Posted: May 18, 2008 04:04 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
I'm trying to use teleporters like in Retribution. I made a test to see if you could teleport to different BSPs. I put Bloodgulch and Dangercanyon together in Guerilla where it says structure BSPs. I put the source of the teleporter on Bloodgulch, and the target on Dangercanyon, compiled the map, and then played it. When I went throught the teleporter on Bloodgulch, I ended up falling to my death somewhere outside of the map. I don't know if you need a script or something to make that work. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Advancebo

Posted: May 18, 2008 04:13 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Havoc 101
I'm trying to use teleporters like in Retribution. I made a test to see if you could teleport to different BSPs. I put Bloodgulch and Dangercanyon together in Guerilla where it says structure BSPs. I put the source of the teleporter on Bloodgulch, and the target on Dangercanyon, compiled the map, and then played it. When I went throught the teleporter on Bloodgulch, I ended up falling to my death somewhere outside of the map. I don't know if you need a script or something to make that work. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

They probaly imported each bsp into 3ds, and then saved it as 1 bsp. or something.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: May 18, 2008 08:25 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Not at all. A simple command can switch BSPs.

(switch_bsp <BSP INDEX>)

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: May 19, 2008 09:21 AM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot

(switch_bsp <BSP INDEX>)

Yes. But before you put in that script, you need to add the extra scenario_structer.bsp tags. To do that, open gurilla, then open your scenario. Scroll down to the bottom. There should be a place saying "Structure BSPs" Click add. Then, click the 3 dots and find your extra BSP. For the script, it would look something like this:

(script continuous switchBSP
(begin
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects <insert triggervolume here> (players)) 15)
(switch_bsp <insert BSP index here>)
)
)

You would need to place a trigger volume, which here would act like a teleport to the other BSP.

Havoc 101

Posted: May 19, 2008 07:06 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot

(switch_bsp <BSP INDEX>)

Yes. But before you put in that script, you need to add the extra scenario_structer.bsp tags. To do that, open gurilla, then open your scenario. Scroll down to the bottom. There should be a place saying "Structure BSPs" Click add. Then, click the 3 dots and find your extra BSP. For the script, it would look something like this:

(script continuous switchBSP
(begin
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects <insert triggervolume here> (players)) 15)
(switch_bsp <insert BSP index here>)
)
)

You would need to place a trigger volume, which here would act like a teleport to the other BSP.

Alright, I'll try that.
Edited by Havoc 101 on May 19, 2008 at 07:07 PM

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 08:03 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
How do I make it go to a certain point in the second BSP? I decompiled retribution to see if I could find out how it went from the Trigger to a other spot.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu March 21, 2019 9:00 PM 563 ms.
A Halo Maps Website