A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »Fall of Reach machinima

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Fall of Reach machinima (59 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Dark Ninja

The internet shows how stupid people are.

Posted: May 27, 2008 08:08 AM    Msg. 1 of 59       
I am working on a Fall of Reach machinima, but need people to help. It's not easy since there's not many Halo CE players. You can be either an actor or voice actor. To be both you need Halo Custom Edition, if you don't have it, you can still be a voice actor. You can join the group at http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/196883/Group/GroupHome.aspx, where I will post film days and updates, or you can ask me to PM you the film days and whatnot. So please come help or I'll be
Post if you want to help, and I'll PM you what you need and what we'll do.

Edited by Dark Ninja on May 28, 2008 at 06:29 PM

Dark Ninja

Posted: May 27, 2008 05:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 59       
Were you the one who made the map Reach City? What's the machinima going to be about?

Dark Ninja

Posted: May 27, 2008 09:33 PM    Msg. 3 of 59       
I was actually asking Caboose. Have you ever tried making your own maps, eliteaxmen? It's quite easy when you figure out how it works.

Dark Ninja

Posted: May 27, 2008 09:41 PM    Msg. 4 of 59       
I don't have an Xfire. It took me maybe a month to finish my first map. Maybe two weeks of watching tutorials and getting the programs and files needed. Once you get the map into Sapien, you just add whatever you want to it, then turn it into a .map file using tool. I use Tool++ since it's much easier. The programs I use are guerrilla, sapien, Hek+, and Tool++.
Edited by Dark Ninja on May 27, 2008 at 09:43 PM

Dark Ninja

Posted: May 27, 2008 09:48 PM    Msg. 5 of 59       
Don't worry. I can't get anything to work on Gmax. The only thing I can do is make a box, give it the ground from the tutorial map, and I can never get it to turn into a bsp. You don't need Gmax though. Use Hek+ to extract the bsp from a map, then load that map into sapien, and then you add all the stuff you want into it.
Edited by Dark Ninja on May 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Dark Ninja

Posted: May 31, 2008 04:34 PM    Msg. 6 of 59       
The best part of Reach City was the 8 floor buildings. There wasn't much other stuff.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 06:35 PM    Msg. 7 of 59       
How closely will you follow the book? I feel really enthusiastic about this and I want to help, even if i don't have any experience at all.

I guess I could be a voice actor for one of the spartans in their childhood + actor. Can't be a set designer though, srry.

teamplaysupporter on Xfire
already joined the team as teamplaysupport

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 07:00 PM    Msg. 8 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
How closely will you follow the book? I feel really enthusiastic about this and I want to help, even if i don't have any experience at all.

I guess I could be a voice actor for one of the spartans in their childhood + actor. Can't be a set designer though, srry.

teamplaysupporter on Xfire
already joined the team as teamplaysupport

I was wondering who that was. I'm planing on doing exactly what's in the book, but deleting some parts that can't be done.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 08:30 PM    Msg. 9 of 59       
awesome. This looks really amazing. I seriously can't wait.

Adulese

Da Whoopster is listening ...

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 08:58 PM    Msg. 10 of 59       
Hello,
My online alis is Adulese. I have been modding Halo PC and CE for a while now. I have great interest in machinima and am actually working on a Halo action series right now. I would be more than happy to help out with the filming of this machinima. It has been in the back of my mine why there hasn't been one yet. I can offer you my assistance as a body/voice actor. I have several ways for you to contact me: MSN (adulese@hotmail.com);X-Fire: adulese; X-Box LIVE: Adulese. Let me know.

- Adulese

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 06:21 PM    Msg. 11 of 59       
cool, im gonna add you as a friend on Xfire.

is there any way for the whole group to contact each other on a regular basis, outside of the game?

Adulese

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 06:41 PM    Msg. 12 of 59       
I think the best thing to do is for everyone to get either MSN or Xfire. Easy enough to get/use and lets us stay in contact easily. I am trying to reach you, HeadHunter09, as we speak.

Also, what map will we be using, since many of the battles are in space with thosands of ships ...

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 07:35 PM    Msg. 13 of 59       
last time i speak here tonight. And for the space battles, well, watch "The Heretic" episodes. I don't know how they do the space battles it but we should use whatever they used.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 07:36 PM    Msg. 14 of 59       
3D Animation.

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 08:15 PM    Msg. 15 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Adulese
I think the best thing to do is for everyone to get either MSN or Xfire. Easy enough to get/use and lets us stay in contact easily. I am trying to reach you, HeadHunter09, as we speak.

Also, what map will we be using, since many of the battles are in space with thosands of ships ...

I'll be making the maps and putting the site to download it on the group homepage on bungie.net. I have drivable frigates that I got from the map trepidation. I changed their weapons to make it like the actual frigates.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 3, 2008 at 08:16 PM

Adulese

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 11:48 PM    Msg. 16 of 59       
I love this idea. We may even be able to make the ships AI compatible ... just need an Actor Varient for them ... Anyway, the space battles should be easily acomplished when we have AI ships, 16 ships for players and a good map that includeds a mach of the planet REACH for the Covenant to shoot at. This also reminds me, we will need to have several small Cov. Bording ships, life pods, pelicans, and long-swords (all AI) to make it seem more realistic. I wish you luck with the amount of AI you are going to need (civilians, ships, mariens, Covenant, ect.), I may be able to help some-what there if I get Sapien to work and you give me all the tags needed.

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 12:19 AM    Msg. 17 of 59       
I love this idea. We may even be able to make the ships AI compatible ... just need an Actor Varient for them ... Anyway, the space battles should be easily acomplished when we have AI ships, 16 ships for players and a good map that includeds a mach of the planet REACH for the Covenant to shoot at. This also reminds me, we will need to have several small Cov. Bording ships, life pods, pelicans, and long-swords (all AI) to make it seem more realistic. I wish you luck with the amount of AI you are going to need (civilians, ships, mariens, Covenant, ect.), I may be able to help some-what there if I get Sapien to work and you give me all the tags needed.

That would be a problem. I don't think AI would sync online. If I use AI, I'll have to do that part alone or there would be bodies standing still in the middle of the game. I also don't know how to tell an AI what to do in a vehicle, they pretty much do what they want. I think I have every tag needed except a real child biped. I'll have to scale down a crewman to look like a child.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 4, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Adulese

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 09:40 AM    Msg. 18 of 59       
Well if you want I could film the battles. I have some great filming software (including full FRAPS). All I need is the map and a discription of what needs to happen. What are we going to do about slip-space entrees?

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 04:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 59       
Well if you want I could film the battles. I have some great filming software (including full FRAPS). All I need is the map and a discription of what needs to happen. What are we going to do about slip-space entrees?

Sure, if there's extra people, you could be a second cameraman. When I'm done with the maps, I'll put a link to it on the group's forum. For Slip-space entries, when I go far from a ship it disappears, and if I go close, it looks like it's coming out of slip-space. For scenes inside a ship, I'll use the POA and the truth and reconciliation.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 4, 2008 at 04:51 PM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 06:13 PM    Msg. 20 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
3D Animation.

We should follow DarkZealot's suggestion. It looks better.
The beginning of the episode:
http://www.halomovies.org/index.cfm?fid=1799
The space battle near the end:
http://www.halomovies.org/index.cfm?fid=1827

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 06:40 PM    Msg. 21 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
3D Animation.

We should follow DarkZealot's suggestion. It looks better.
The beginning of the episode:
http://www.halomovies.org/index.cfm?fid=1799
The space battle near the end:
http://www.halomovies.org/index.cfm?fid=1827

Those space battles are awesome, but I don't know how to make my own 3d animation. I also don't know how to take those clips from the video.

Adulese

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 06:44 PM    Msg. 22 of 59       
True, but 3D animation takes a very long time. Take it from me ... I took a few classes on it. Anyway, I think to make this Machinima come out faster and look a bit more custom and realistic AI ships may be the way to go. Even if it is on a LAN game with the one person as a Camera Man, you will still get a great battle between the two sides.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 08:37 PM    Msg. 23 of 59       
Yeah, thinking about the practicality of it all does put it in another light. Yeah, AI battles would be better.

On another note, how many have MSN or Xfire?

Plus, when do we start filming? We could film other scenes while we work out technical difficulties. A good example is the obstacle course after MC meets Cortana. The map would be relatively easy to make, too...

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 08:53 PM    Msg. 24 of 59       
Yeah, thinking about the practicality of it all does put it in another light. Yeah, AI battles would be better.

On another note, how many have MSN or Xfire?

Plus, when do we start filming? We could film other scenes while we work out technical difficulties. A good example is the obstacle course after MC meets Cortana. The map would be relatively easy to make, too...

My xfire is halorocks2007. I can't go online yet because I'm still working on forwarding my ports. I'm looking at how to do it, but nothing I do is working. When I'm supposed to enter the IP address in the internet address box, everything I type in doesn't work. The one I'm looking at is this one. http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Draytek/Vigor2600WE/Halo.htm

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 07:10 PM    Msg. 25 of 59       
thats as big as, well, High Charity or the Unyielding Hierophant.

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 09:17 PM    Msg. 26 of 59       
Where can I get a tag for an orbital station like the Cradle or Cairo station?
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 11, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 06:46 AM    Msg. 27 of 59       
couldn't you get Cairo station from halo 2? The Cradle would be easy to make, just a flat plate with engineering details...

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 07:23 AM    Msg. 28 of 59       
How can I take Cairo station from Halo 2? And I can't get Gmax to export anything.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 12:12 PM    Msg. 29 of 59       
how do you get Sketchup models into a usable format? I forget...

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 04:44 PM    Msg. 30 of 59       
First, how can I make it so a character would melee without using a weapon, just his fists? If anyone's interested in voicing, here's the lines. Just e-mail it to me at halorocks200728@yahoo.com, or upload it to http://www.putfile.com/ or http://www.mediafire.com/index.php, and put a link to it.

Opening Characters
John, Spartan 117(Master Chief)- Male
Kelly, Blue Two- Female
Blue Four- Male
Blue Three- Male
Captain de Blanc- Male

OPENING SCRIPT
*Master Chief jumps on a boulder and looks at an army of grunts standing around and looks at all of them.*
Master Chief(whispers)- "Contact. All teams stand by: enemy contact, my position."
*Chief drops down from the boulder and the Spartans gather*
Kelly(whispers)- "Four of us, and a thousand of them? Piss-poor odds for the little guys."
Chief(whispers)- "Blue-Two, I want you up there with those Jackhammer launchers. Take out the cannons and soften the rest of them. Blue-Three and Five, you follow me up- we're on crowd control. Blue-Four: you get the welcome mat ready. Understood? On my mark."
*Chief crouches, small pause*
Chief- "Mark!"
*Kelly jumps on the boulder, and fires rockets at the four cannons, and the other Spartans start firing at the grunts. The grunts run forward with the Spartans shooting them.*
Blue-Four- "Inbound Covenant air support. ETA is two minutes, Chief."
Chief- "Roger that. Blue-three and five: maintain fire for five seconds, then fall back. Mark!"
*Chief walks backwards, throws two grenades at the grunts, and the Spartans run to the edge of the cliff.*
Blue-four- "Welcome mat is laid out, Chief. Ready when you are."
*The grunts run closer.*
Chief- "Roll out the carpet."
*A hidden Spartan sniper shoots the floor in front of the grunts and it explodes. The Spartans kill any survivors. Small pause, then 5 banshees appear.*
Chief- "New contacts. All teams, open fire!"
*The Spartans shoot the banshees and the banshees fire back. The banshees fly over their heads, and turn around for another pass.*
Chief- "Blue-three, Blue-five: Theta Maneuver. Did you set the fougasses with fire or shrapnel?"
Blue-three- "Both."
Chief- "Good. Cover me."
*The banshees fly low to the ground, and the Spartans shoot. The banshees get closer and the Spartans jump over the edge of the cliff while shooting the banshees. The hidden sniper shoots the banshees, causing an explosion to destroy them. The banshees fall in the water, and the Spartans stare at them waiting for survivors. They jump down another cliff.*
Kelly- "Red team reports mission objective achieved, Chief. They send their compliments."
Blue-three- "It's hardly going to balance the scales. Not like those grunts when they slaughtered the 105th Drop Jet Platoon. They should suffer just as much as those guys did."
Chief- "Blue-two, get me an uplink."
Kelly- "Aye aye."
Chief- "Mission accomplished, Captain de Blanc. Enemy neutralized."
Captain- "Excellent news. *sighs* But we're pulling you out chief."
Chief- "We're just getting warmed up down here, sir."
Captain- "Well, it's a different story up here.Move out for pickup ASAP."
Chief- "Understood sir. *turns to the Spartans* The party's over, Spartans. Dust-off in fifteen."
*They run down the shore to a pelican, and get in, with Chief and Kelly in the closest to the opening.*
Kelly- "It's a shame to leave this place. There are so few left."
*Chief and Kelly look out into the open.*
Chief- "There will be other places to fight for."
Kelly(whispers)- "Will there?"
*The pelican approaches a UNSC frigate in space. The chief walks through a door to the bridge and walks up to the Captain.*
Chief- "Sir. Reporting as ordered."
*The bridge crew stare at him. The Captain looks at the chief then looks back out the window. The chief moves closer and looks out.*
Captain- "It's happening again."
Chief- "Request permission to remain on the bridge, sir. I....want to see it this time, sir."
*The captain looks down, then looks at the chief.*
Captain- "Very well, Chief. After all you've been through to save Jericho seven, we owe you that. We're only thirty million kilometers out-system, though, not half as far as I'd like to be.*turns to an officer* Bearing one two zero. Prepare our exit vector. *faces the Chief* We'll stay to watch....but if those *******s so much as twitch in our direction, we're jumping the hell out of here."
Chief- "Understood, sir. Thank you."
*Covenant ships start firing on the planet. The chief watches.*
Captain- "Make ready to jump clear of the system."
*The Chief continues to watch. The screen fades out, and the opening credits roll.*
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 12, 2008 at 05:01 PM
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 13, 2008 at 04:14 PM

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 01:59 PM    Msg. 31 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Master_Caboose117
nice job. what map will we be using???

That scene has been finished except for the first part, which is called part one half. I just need voices. This Sunday, we'll be doing section one. I'll PM the maps to you. The section one script is coming soon.

SECTION ONE

CHARACTERS
Lieutenant Keyes- Male, adult
Crewman technician- Male, any pitch voice
Dr. Halsey- Female, adult
Toran- Male or Female, any pitch voice
John- Male, Kid
Random kid- Male, Kid
Dj- Female, any pitch voice
CPO Mendez- Male, adult, deep voice

Section One-Reveille
*The screen blurs to show the inside of a cryotube*
Crewman- Sit up, Lieutenant Keyes. Sit. Take a deep breath and cough, sir. You need to clear the bronchial surfactant.
*Keyes climbs out. He bends over and starts coughing. He looks up and takes a deep breath.*
Keyes- Status, Toran? Are we under attack?
Toran- Negative, sir. Status normal. We will enter normal space near the Eridanus System in 45 minutes.
Keyes- *coughs* Good. Thank you, Toran.
Toran- You're welcome, lieutenant.
*Keyes looks to his left and sees Dr. Halsey in a cryotube. She gets out, crouching, bends over and starts coughing. She looks at Keyes*
Halsey- We must be near Eridanus
Keyes- Yes, Doctor
*Keyes walks up to her*
Keyes- Can I help you-
*Dr. Halsey stands up*
Halsey- I'm fine, Lieutenant. Get cleaned up and dressed.
*She walks past him*
Halsey- Hurry, we have important work to do.
Keyes- Aye, aye, Ma'am.
*Keyes walks into the bridge, and Dr. Halsey is in the pilot seat*
Halsey- Welcome, Lieutenant. Please have a seat at the communication station and monitor the channels when we enter normal space. If there's so much as a squeak on nonstandard frequencies, I want to know instantly.
*Keyes sits in the chair*
Halsey- Toran?
Toran- Awaiting your orders, Doctor Halsey.
Halsey- Give me astrogation maps of the system
Toran- Online Doctor Halsey
Halsey- Are there any planets currently aligned with our entry trajectory and Eridanus Two? I want to pick up a gravitational boost so we can move in-system ASAP
Toran- Calculating now, Doctor Hal-
Halsey- And can we have some music? Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto Number Three, I think
Toran- Understood Doctor-
Halsey- And start a preburn warm-up cycle for the fusion engines
Toran- Yes, Doc-
Halsey- And stop spinning the Han's central carousel section. We may need the power.
Toran- Working...
*Halsey looks up, music starts, she sighs*
Halsey- Thank you, Toran
Toran- You're welcome, Doctor Halsey. Entering normal space in five minutes, plus or minus three minutes
*Keyes looks at Dr. Halsey. She faces him*
Halsey- Yes, Lieutenant? You have a question?
Keyes- I was curious about our mission, ma'am. I assume we are to reconnoiter something in this system, but why send a shuttle, rather than a prowler or a corvette? And why just the two of us?
Halsey- A fairly accurate assumption and analysis, Lieutenant. This is a reconnaissance mission...of sorts. We are here to observe a child. The first of many, I hope.
Keyes- A child?
Halsey- A six-year-old male, to be precise. It may help if you think of this purely as a UNSC funded physiological study. Which is precisely what you are to tell anyone who asks. Is that understood, Lieutenant?
Keyes- Yes, doctor
*Keyes looks down, then back at Halsey*
Keyes- With all due respect, Doctor Halsey, this sector of space is dangerous.
*The ship rumbles*
Halsey- Stand by for burn. On my mark, Toran. Three...two...one...Mark.
*the ship rumbles more, then stops*
Toran- Gravity boost complete. ETA to Eridanus is forty-two minutes, three seconds
Halsey- Well done
*Halsey gets up.*
Halsey- I hate cryo sleep. It leaves one so cramped.
Keyes- As I was saying before, Doctor, this system is dangerous-
*Halsey faces him.*
Halsey- Oh yes, I know how dangerous this system is. It has a colorful history: rebel insurrection in 2494, beaten down by the UNSC two years later at the cost of four destroyers. I don't believe the Office of Naval Intelligence ever found their base in the asteroid field. And since there have been organized raids and scattered pirate activity nearby, one might conclude-as ONI clearly has-that the remnants of the original rebel faction are still active. Is that what you were worried about?
Keyes- Yes. I need hardly remind you that it's my job to worry about our security
*Halsey sits down*
Halsey- Speaking of pirates, weren't you supposed to be monitoring communication channels for illegal signals? Just in case someone takes undue interest in a lone, unescorted, diplomatic shuttle?
*Keyes quickly looks back at the computer*
Keyes- All signals verified. No pirate transmissions detected.
Halsey- Continue to moniter them, please.
Keyes- *clears throat* May I speak candidly, Doctor?
Halsey- You don't need my permission. By all means, speak candidly, Lieutenant. You've been doing a fine job so far.
Keyes- You said we were here to observe a child. *shakes head* If this is a cover for real military intelligence work, then, to tell the truth, there are better-qualified officers for this mission. I graduated from UNSC OCS only seven weeks ago. My orders had me rotated to the Magellan. Tjose orders were rescinded, ma'am
Halsey- *looks at keyes* Go on, lieutenant
Keyes- If this is an intel op, then...then I don't understand why I'm here at all.
Halsey- Then lieutenant, I shall be equally candid
Keyes- Go ahead, Doctor
Halsey- You are here because Vice Admiral Stanforth, head of Section Three of UNSC military intelligence Division, refused to lend me this shuttle without at least one UNSC officer aboard- even though he knows damn well that I can pilot this bucket by myself. So I picked one UNSC officer. You. You see, I've read your file, lieutenant. All of it.
Keyes- I don't know-
Halsey- You do know what I'm talking about. You don't lie well. Don't insult me by trying again
Keyes- Then why me? Especially if you've seen my record?
Halsey- I chose you precisely because of your record-because of the incident in your second year at OCS. Fourteen ensigns killed. You were wounded and spent two months in rehabilitation. Plasma burns are particularly painful, I understand.
Keyes(quietly)- Yes
Halsey- The lieutenant responsible was your CO on that training mission. You refused to testify against him despite overwhelming evidence and the testimony of his fellow officers...and friends.
Keyes(quietly)- Yes
Halsey- They told the board of review the secret the Lieutenant had entrusted to you all-that he was going to test his new theory to make slipspace jumps more accurate. He was wrong, and you all paid for his eagerness and poor mathematics.
*keyes looks down*
Keyes(quietly)- Yes
Halsey- Despite continuing pressure, you never testified. They threatened to demote you, charge you with insubordination and refusing a direct order-even discharge you from the Navy. Your fellow officer candidates testified, though. The review board had all the evidence they needed to court-martial your CO. They put you on report and dropped all further disciplinary actions.
*Keyes continues to look down*
Halsey- That is why you are here lieutenant-because you have an ability that is exceedingly rare in the military. You can keep a secret. *deep breath* You may have to keep many secrets after this mission is over.
*Keyes looks at Halsey, then back down*
Halsey- I think that you would rather be on the Magellan. Fighting and dying on the frontier.
Keyes- *looks at Halsey* No I- *sighs* Yes. The UNSC needs every man and woman patrolling the outer colonies. Between the raiders and insurrections, it's a wonder it all hasn't fallen apart.
Halsey- Indeed, lieutenant, ever since we left Earth's gravity, well, we've been fighting one another for every cubic centimeter of vacuum-from Mars to the Jovian moons to the Hydra system massacres and on to the hundred brushfire wars in the Outer Colonies. It has always been on the brink of falling apart. That's why we're here.
Keyes- To observe one child. What difference could a child make?
Halsey- This child could be more useful to the UNSC than a fleet of destroyers, a thousand Junior Grade Lieutenants-or even me. In the end, the child may be the only thing that makes any difference.
Toran- Approaching Eridanus Two
Halsey- Plot an atmospheric vector for the Luxor spaceport. Lieutenant Keyes, make ready to land.
*The camera fades and shows Dr. Halsey and Keyes under an awning*
Halsey- It's nice here. This colony doesn't know how good they've got it. Rural lifestyle. No pollution. No crowding. Climate-controlled weather.
*Keyes grunts*
Halsey- Relax. We're supposed to be parents inspecting the school for our little girl.
*Halsey looks to a hill where crewmen(supposed to look like kids) are fighting each other. She looks at the one at the top.*
Halsey- Our subject
Keyes- *looks at the kid on top* Is that him?
*The boys are running to the top and fighting each other*
Halsey- King of the hill
*One boy is standing on the top pushing down all the others*
Halsey- That's our boy
*three boys attack attack the one at the top(John). They all fall off the hill. John pushes them all down, and runs to the top*
John- I'm king!
Keyes- He seems, um, very animated
Halsey- Yes. We may be able to use this one. Stay here and watch me, lieutenant. I'm going to have a closer look
*Halsey walks up to the bottom of the hill. The children turn*
Boy- You're in trouble.*pushes John, John pushes him back*
Halsey- *walks closer* Can I speak with you, please?
*The children giggle. Halsey and John go to an empty grass patch*
Halsey- What's your name?
John- I'm John
Halsey- It's very nice to meet you.*crouches* I wanted to ask what you were doing?
John- Winning
Halsey- You like games. So do I.
John-*sighs* Yeah, but they made me play chess last week. That got boring. It's too easy to win. Or-can we play gravball? They don't let me play gravball anymore, but maybe if you tell them it's okay?
Halsey- I have a different game I want you to try. Look.
*She pulls out a quarter*
Halsey- People used coins like this for currency a long time ago, when Earth was the only planet we lived on. Each side is different. Do you see? One has the face of a man with long hair. The other side has a bird, called an eagle, and its holding-
John- Arrows
Halsey- Yes. Good. Well use this coin in our game. If you win you can keep it.
John- *looks at Halsey* Okay. I always win, though. Thats why they wont let me play gravball anymore.
Halsey- Im sure you do
John- Whats the game?
Halsey- Its very simple. I toss the coin like this. *sound effect of coin flipping* Next time, though, before it lands, I want you to tell me if it will fall with the face of the man showing or with the eagle holding the arrows.
John- I got it.
Halsey- Ready?
*John nods. Sound effect of coin flipping. John catches the coin*
John- Eagle!
*Halsey looks at the coin and the eagle is showing*
John- I get to keep it, right? Thats what you said.
Halsey- Yes, you can keep it, John.
John- Can we play again?
Halsey- *stands and walks back* That was the only one I had, Im afraid. I have to leave now. Go back and play with your friends.
John- Thanks. *runs back and shouts to the other kids* Look!
*Halsey goes back under the awning*
Halsey- Tell me you recorded that.
Keyes- Yes, what was it all about?
Halsey- We screen these subjects for certain genetic markers. Strength, agility, even predispositions for aggression and intellect. But we dont remote test for everything. We dont test for luck.
Keyes- Luck? You believe in luck, Doctor?
Halsey- Of course not. But we have one hundred and fifty test subjects to consider, and facilities and funding for only half that number. Its a simple mathematical elimination, lieutenant. That child was one of the lucky ones-either that or he is extraordinarily fast. Either way, hes in.
Keyes- I dont understand
Halsey- I hope that continues, lieutenant. For your sake, I hope you never understand what were doing.
*Halsey looks at the kids playing. Screen fades*
*Halsey stands in a platform in front of a giant room.*
Dj- Are you ready, doctor?
Halsey- Almost, Dj. *sighs* Please summon Chief Petty Officer Mendez. Id like you both present when I address them.
*CPO Mendez walks near the platform*
Halsey- Up here, please.
*Mendez climbs up and stands next to her*
Dj- You have read my psychological evaluations?
Halsey- Yes. And they were quite thorough. Thank you.
Dj- And?
Halsey- Im forgoing your recommendations, Dj. Im going to tell them the truth.
*Mendez grunts*
Dj- The truth has risks
Halsey- So do lies. Any story fabricated to motivate the children-claiming their parents were taken and killed by pirates, or by a plague that devastated their planet-if they learned the truth later, they would turn against us.
Dj- It is a legitimate concern. May I suggest selective neural paralysis? It produces a targeted amnesia-
Halsey- A memory loss that may leak into other parts of the brain. No, this will be dangerous enough for them even with intact minds.*clicks on a mic* Bring them in now.
Voice- Aye, aye
Halsey- Theyll adapt, or they wont, and they will be untrainable and unsuitable for the project. Either way I just want to get this over with.
*Doors open at the large room and children, accompanied by drill instructors. They all stand and look up at Dr. Halsey*
Halsey- As per Naval Code 45812, you are herby conscripted into the UNSC special project, codenamed SPARTAN-II. You have been called upon to serve. You will be trained, and you will become the best we can make of you. You will be the protectors of Earth and all her colonies. This will be hard to understand, but you cannot return to your parents. This place will become your home. Your fellow trainees will become your family now. The training will be difficult. There will be a great deal of hardship on the road ahead, but I know you will all make it.*pause* Rest now. We begin tomorrow.*turns to Mendez* Have the childrenthe trainees escorted to their barracks. Feed them and put them to bed.
Mendez- Yes, maam. Fall out!
*The drill instructors and children leave*
Halsey- Keep them busy tomorrow. Keep them from thinking about what weve just done to them.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 13, 2008 at 04:13 PM

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 05:18 PM    Msg. 32 of 59       
As the voice or character?

DarkZealot

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 05:25 PM    Msg. 33 of 59       
I could be John. Assuming my 14-year-old voice is young enough....

DarkZealot

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 06:03 PM    Msg. 34 of 59       
Yeah, there is no proof or decision that the statement you posted is true.

Dark Ninja

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 07:46 PM    Msg. 35 of 59       
No fighting. Whoever has the best voice as John will voice as John. As for being the character in-game, first come, first served. If you voice as a character, you go as the character in-game, unless you choose not to.
Oh, I made a model for the Cradle in 3ds Max, but tool won't turn the JMS into a gbxmodel.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 13, 2008 at 07:51 PM
Edited by Dark Ninja on Jun 13, 2008 at 08:54 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 15, 2019 8:11 AM 656 ms.
A Halo Maps Website