A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »In Need of a Playtest Team

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: In Need of a Playtest Team (37 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: May 28, 2008 03:06 PM    Msg. 1 of 37       
If you guys have missed the topic, I've been working on a rendition of Sandtrap for HCE and Halo 2 Vista. I'm nearing completion and in need of players interested in playing all types of games on the Alpha build of the map. If your interested please post your gametag and time you can normally play, thanks again!

Also here is a link to the original topic, http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=16539

YakZSmelk
Edited by YakZSmelk on May 28, 2008 at 03:08 PM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: May 29, 2008 04:13 PM    Msg. 2 of 37       
For CE or Vista since you are making it for both? I presume Vista since it is here :(, but I thought who knows?

YakZSmelk

Posted: May 29, 2008 04:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 37       
I need some people for H2V playtests, H3MT is in charge of the HCE version.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 03:03 PM    Msg. 4 of 37       
ok i just need the HCE version to test. and i can play regularly from mon. to sat. after the 15th of june.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 04:28 PM    Msg. 5 of 37       
im available for testing the CE version if you need me

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 01:55 PM    Msg. 6 of 37       
yea me too in like a week lol

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 03:53 PM    Msg. 7 of 37       
ok i can test now offcorse lol but only for CE

Xerzus

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:36 AM    Msg. 8 of 37       
May i be of assistance? My gamer tag is Xerzus.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 04:34 PM    Msg. 9 of 37       
I'll make a note of you, but as of right now nothing is in the works...well in game anyway.

danielo

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 09:01 AM    Msg. 10 of 37       
i would like to test sandtrap for h2v too. my gt is danielo1991

YakZSmelk

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 02:49 PM    Msg. 11 of 37       
I'll get a build together and post it up, I'd like to see if people like it or not.

And a note, I lost alot of files when my Vista OS decided to fail on me so it might take some time to get a Beta maybe three weeks, if you could give me some feedback on how you feel weapons layouts should be in H2V Sandtrap (Guess it should be Sand Tarp now right?) being that there are no Missile Pods, Hammers or Spartan Lasers.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 04:25 PM    Msg. 12 of 37       
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk
I'll get a build together and post it up, I'd like to see if people like it or not.

And a note, I lost alot of files when my Vista OS decided to fail on me so it might take some time to get a Beta maybe three weeks, if you could give me some feedback on how you feel weapons layouts should be in H2V Sandtrap (Guess it should be Sand Tarp now right?) being that there are no Missile Pods, Hammers or Spartan Lasers.

The RL is pretty much a splazer. The sword is pretty much a grav hammer. And who needs an MP? It'll be fine. Just worry about making gameplay balanced at least.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 05:20 PM    Msg. 13 of 37       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk

The RL is pretty much a splazer. The sword is pretty much a grav hammer. And who needs an MP? It'll be fine. Just worry about making gameplay balanced at least.

That's what you guys will be getting, just to get feed back ASAP it will prob only be simple shaders.

danielo

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 12:31 PM    Msg. 14 of 37       
could we have at least one or two pictures of the map? the last pictures are from may i think. would be nice. thanks

and what are you going to do with the elephants now? fixed on one place or without them like sandtarp?
Edited by danielo on Sep 14, 2008 at 02:54 PM

YakZSmelk

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 02:39 PM    Msg. 15 of 37       

Here's a pic from 3DS Max with, new mats.
Note: There are no bumps/normals applied and textures will not be unwrapped for Beta.

danielo

Posted: Sep 26, 2008 01:49 PM    Msg. 16 of 37       
Looks nice. Cant wait to play it. :D Hope it will be ready for beta-testing soon.

danielo

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 01:44 PM    Msg. 17 of 37       
@onotix335 Please read the first post. Your answer is in it. The map will be for CE and H2V.

@topic Are there any new information? I cant really wait^^ I'm really impatient.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 03:36 PM    Msg. 18 of 37       
Being that Sandtrap has really been on the back burner for me it might be a little bit longer; anyone interested in game-play testing my primary project? (The test build will be ready by the end of the week).

Here's a quick image of the W.I.P.
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d114/YakZSmelk/?action=view¤t=radiosity.jpg

danielo

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 02:46 PM    Msg. 19 of 37       
I already asked it, but how are you going to make the elephants? Are they stationary or no elephant like on Sand Tarp?

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 06:37 AM    Msg. 20 of 37       
i can test the ce version map too, as the super crashing attack will end...

YakZSmelk

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 10:10 AM    Msg. 21 of 37       
Quote: --- Original message by: danielo
I already asked it, but how are you going to make the elephants? Are they stationary or no elephant like on Sand Tarp?

The map would be like Sandtarp, I do not believe I would have the same vehicle layout if Halo 3 either. I somewhat feel there should be a Tank in the middle (instead of Banshee).

danielo

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 10:30 AM    Msg. 22 of 37       
I would prefer a banshee in the beta, when it comes out... I think 2 rockets for the lasers, and maybe a fuel rod gun for the h3 rocket is enough to defeat a banshee. but a tank would be a bit too powerful on such a flat part of the map were the banshee normally spawns.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 10:35 AM    Msg. 23 of 37       
I would prefer a banshee in the beta, when it comes out... I think 2 rockets for the lasers, and maybe a fuel rod gun for the h3 rocket is enough to defeat a banshee. but a tank would be a bit too powerful on such a flat part of the map were the banshee normally spawns.

Tanks easily get owned by rockets though... I'm planning on having increased respawn times for all vehicles (most likey 10-20 sec for Hogs Spectre, and Ghost and 40-60 for Banshees, Tanks and Gauss). I'm going to push the vehicle battles they way they should be done in Halo 3 so expect teams to spawn with a Rocket and maybe three Fuel Rods scattered throughout the map. Wow talking about this just got me excited about the map again, I know I just sent out PMs bout my Autumn map but maybe I'll double time this and get a W.I.P. build for the feedback.

danielo

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 04:24 PM    Msg. 24 of 37       
3 fuel rods? that's a bit much isn't it? i think 2 are enough and the rockets shouldn't have an extra round but ammo on the map.

Can't wait for the beta. We'll see how it works with your weapon placement than

YakZSmelk

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 05:22 PM    Msg. 25 of 37       
3 fuel rods? that's a bit much isn't it? i think 2 are enough and the rockets shouldn't have an extra round but ammo on the map.

Can't wait for the beta. We'll see how it works with your weapon placement than

Don't worry I'm not ignorant to weapon balancing! The reason I say three is because I'd rather have players with Fuel Rods over Halo2 rockets (homing; so it's sorta like the Spartan Laser with lethality), Fuel Rods require a bit more 'skill' and if you think about it Halo 3's Sandtrap has 2 Lasers, 2 Fuel Rods, and one Rocket Launcher. 2 Rockets and 3 Fuel Rods doesn't sound that crazy anymore does it? haha

danielo

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 05:27 PM    Msg. 26 of 37       
Since when does halo3's sandtrap have 2 fuel rods? i only played it with a friend in MM. and as far as i remember there are no fuel rods... maybe on heavy? i never played it. but as i already said: we'll see. and i think the weapons are one point the beta is for right?

YakZSmelk

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 10:47 PM    Msg. 27 of 37       
Since when does halo3's sandtrap have 2 fuel rods? i only played it with a friend in MM. and as far as i remember there are no fuel rods... maybe on heavy? i never played it. but as i already said: we'll see. and i think the weapons are one point the beta is for right?

I apologize I meant Missile Pods! haha Yes the Beta is for weapons testing, I may say three Fuel Rods in theory but it may only need 2...or 1!

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 12:16 AM    Msg. 28 of 37       
Wow, that Sandtrap looks like it was built today. The layout is pretty close to Halo 3's but the structures are not worn.

danielo

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 02:35 PM    Msg. 29 of 37       
Oh.. yeah the missle pods... I used them only 1 or 2 times. And never the one at the albatros.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 12:20 PM    Msg. 30 of 37       
This is the autumn map I'm gonna need some feedback on, wanted to show off some updated shots. (Still no water, I cannot get the shader working properly!)

Low Rez

High Rez

What do you all think?

danielo

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 12:30 PM    Msg. 31 of 37       
I think this is the first custom map for h2v with plants like these. And I like them.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 03:40 AM    Msg. 32 of 37       
It looks good. I hope you can get that water shader working. Some green water would look great in the middle area.

danielo

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 03:23 PM    Msg. 33 of 37       
And I hope Sandtrap is going to look as good as this too.^^ Hope the maps will be ready for beta soon.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 10:53 PM    Msg. 34 of 37       
Woodland Public Beta

Ok thank you all for being patient, now this is far from complete but feedback is extremely necessary and certain gametypes I cannot even check without the assistance of others. That said I'm allowing all of you to download in the hopes that you'll test, disperse and above all enjoy this map. Feel free to allows others to download and play with them, finding it fairly difficult to schedule times to actually play I'm putting the ball in your court, hopfully I will get to play and pwn ;) all of you soon!

Since this is a public beta I figured I'd include a list of areas I would like feedback;

Any problem areas (Teams can easily be camped or cornered)

In balances between the two sides
(it's not a symmetrical map but maybe one team can get to the rockets or shotgun easier)

Any Spawns that well... Just Suck!
(Be Specific!)

Areas you might like to see a weapon spawn or removed from

Any other feedback you feel will contribute to polishing this map

Here's the link; Unzip and place in the the Documents>My Games>Halo 2>Maps
http://rapidshare.com/files/163579701/woodland_beta.rar.html

Thank you again for taking the Time to test for me

Sincerely,
YakZSmelk

danielo

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 08:50 AM    Msg. 35 of 37       
Hi, nice map but two things.

1. You can jump from one of the buildings on that cliff and reach an area i think we are not supposed to reach.

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=woodland1ll6.jpg

2. There are some strange textures in one building.

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=woodland2zd3.jpg
Edited by danielo on Nov 14, 2008 at 08:51 AM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri August 17, 2018 3:21 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website