A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Question About Scenary

Author Topic: Question About Scenary (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 11:08 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Can objects (crates) be created for H2V? Or am I stuck building everything in Max? Right onto my map?

johnnyblaz20

wuzzup

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 09:14 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       

YakZSmelk

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 10:02 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Thanks blaz, that's exactly what I was looking for, and that's retarded, haha. Now I got a couple more questions, what about how to create particle effects (rain/snow) or grav-lifts? I know they are two separate things, but I'm curious about how it's done. Especially the grav-lifts since they are placed in Sapien not Max.

johnnyblaz20

wuzzup

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 10:47 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
rain/snow is a pain. You need to create a new weather system with kornman's guerilla and mess with the settings for about a week till you get it right. Never messed with grav lifts because there are a few stock with the EK.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 11:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
The prob with the grav-lifts is that the preset ones aren't strong enough for my Sandtrap. Where can I get kornmans guerilla?

Edit: I found the file, I didn't realize anyone had created tools for H2V, all I hear about is how you can't make content.

Ok new question for you, in H2V is there a way to change the decals that come off of a shader (i.e. you shoot sand it looks like sand coming up instead of just smoke?)

Also, I'm making ferns using a decorator shader template. I created an alpha channel in the TIFF file within photoshop, will Guerilla automatically recognize the alpha channel or do I need to use a template that I apply the shader in.

Edited by YakZSmelk on Jun 4, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Edited by YakZSmelk on Jun 5, 2008 at 01:17 AM

johnnyblaz20

wuzzup

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 10:21 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Okay decals? you mean material effects? that is controlled in the shader. If you change your material name to hard/metal/solid it will react like solid metal, if you change it to a soft material name it will act like a soft surface ect.... i do not believe you can make new ones, i've just tried modifying one and had some but not much luck.

You must use a shader template with an alpha channel. also. if you made a bitmap make sure to use the porper settings in the bitmap and recompile the .tiff. make sure it is an alpha channel and above that it can't be a normal color key transperancy. scroll down 1. than recompile the tif.
Edited by johnnyblaz20 on Jun 5, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 13, 2020 2:28 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website