A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP]

Page 370 of 371 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 364 · 365 · 366 · 367 · 368 · 369 · [370] · 371 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] (12952 messages, Page 370 of 371)
Moderators: Dennis

Alex

Operation Spearhead is cancelled

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 10:36 AM    Msg. 12916 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

I like the idea of the removable attachments, I think the trigger area looks fine.

You could probably call it the XMA

I definitely want to go with "XMA" just need to find the right combination of edgy numbers.....

Oh and I finally decided to get started on the actual model. I'll be posting more incremental updates just in-case any of the people who voted want a chance at voicing their own opinions. I only have Blockout's for now, don't pay too much attention to much of anything since it is all subject to change further down the road, but if you have any suggestions let me know.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/714985391.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/668414982.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/805672523.jpg

First couple of highpoly pieces:

7.62x35mm: (.300 AAC Black out)

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/491111bullet1.jpg

25 Round magazines: (It's as many as I could fit)

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/686140mag2.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/771131mag1.jpg

- Topo -

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/640311bullet2.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/579391mag3.jpg

Looks awesome! Don't have any crit because I don't know what needs improving because I don't have an artistic mind unfortunately.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 02:22 PM    Msg. 12917 of 12952       
Learn to goddamn snip

Alex

Operation Spearhead is cancelled

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 06:41 PM    Msg. 12918 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Learn to goddamn snip

Oh dear, it seems I've touched a nerve. I'm so very sorry it won't happen again.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 07:48 PM    Msg. 12919 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grand Admiral Alex
Learn to goddamn snip

Oh dear, it seems I've touched a nerve. I'm so very sorry it won't happen again.

Sarcasm aside this isn't the the first time you have been asked to do so.

Even I at some point recall asking you to trim your quotes so they only include content relevant to what you were posting.

Anyway to reinforce the concept artists decision of placing a bolt so far back I did a little digging and found a few "similar" designs, co-incidentally they are all Russian!

Shevchenko smerch:

Shkval:

TKB-022 PM (1965)

(Thanks to Echo-77 for bringing this one to my attention.)

TKB-059

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 07:55 PM    Msg. 12920 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grand Admiral Alex
Learn to goddamn snip

Sarcasm aside this isn't the the first time you have been asked to do so.

Even I at some point recall asking you to trim your quotes so they only include content relevant to what you were posting.

Anyway to reinforce the concept artists decision of placing a bolt so far back I did a little digging and found a few "similar" designs, co-incidentally they are all Russian!

Shevchenko smerch:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/guns/images/a/ad/Shevchenko_Smerch.png/revision/latest/thumbnail-down/width/340/height/195?cb=20131230191552

Shkval:

http://68.media.tumblr.com/1b8947a37a8220264c117b413fbda129/tumblr_mkyjwu5x9s1rrmtkro1_1280.jpg

TKB-022 PM (1965)

http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/assault/as94/tkb022_1.jpg

(Thanks to Echo-77 for bringing this one to my attention.)

TKB-059

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2580100.jpg

Shevchenko and the TKB-022 have always fascinated me, moving the rounds forward into a vertical bolt. As far as the bolt on what is now the XMA-201 because I say so, the bolt handle (what I assume is the bolt handle anyway) either A: decently placed or B: not actually needed, depending on the design you choose to follow. Which, judging from the lack of space behind the mag well, would be a vertical bolt, though I do suppose it could still be used.

lolsnips

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 05:59 AM    Msg. 12921 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
XMA-201 because I say so, the bolt handle (what I assume is the bolt handle anyway) either A: decently placed or B: not actually needed, depending on the design you choose to follow. Which, judging from the lack of space behind the mag well, would be a vertical bolt, though I do suppose it could still be used.

MA-2 already exists in the form of a stubby BR which fires 10mm munitions at 900rpm.

(lol comic books.)

Me and Echo think "XMA-39" is decent enough as the weapon clearly draws inspiration from the MA-37. Perhaps this could be an early effort to improve the design.

Updates BTW.

- Topo -

Sorry it's been a while I was hoping to be further along than I am now but hey I can only do so much, especially with something as complex as this here upper/lower/grip.

MEGA_VKNG

Apparently not allowed to move on

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 10:22 AM    Msg. 12922 of 12952       
You get a bump of coal for Christmas.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 10:23 AM    Msg. 12923 of 12952       
if this weapon were a woman

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 10:30 AM    Msg. 12924 of 12952       
Maybe you can 3d print it in silicone so you can do what you really want to do, Tiel.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 11:07 AM    Msg. 12925 of 12952       

I'd prefer an official DINC t-shirt.

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel

t!rep @Tiel

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Maybe you can 3d print it in silicone so you can do what you really want to do, Tiel.

I'd need to fit a larger barrel then. ಠ_ಠ In all seriousness though you'd have to do a huge amount of work to refit any of my meshes to even consider a print. Though it would be cool to see someone try just as long as no asshat's decide to make money off of my blood, sweat and beers. cheers.

Updates!

Retractable buttstock:

WIP Barrel guard:

Not too sure about the stuff in dark blue which is why I haven't gone the full 9 yards with them like I have with the other pieces. I don't mind killing them at this stage seeing as I haven't put much effort in them just yet so I'll wait here for a few ours just in case anyone points out any flaws or improvements that could be made.

- Topo -

I think the flash hider is too wimpy. (That's the front of the barrel civvies)

Skidrow925

Posted: Feb 10, 2017 10:41 AM    Msg. 12926 of 12952       

I'd prefer an official DINC t-shirt.

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel

t!rep @Tiel

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNx0EOhCAMAMC_8ABqASn6G4IETdAS2j1t_Pvu3OZrPrOb3ZyqQ3aA45LC87CiPHOrtjG3XvO4xBa-Iavmct71UQHnMGzJESWiGFaPDv7BJa4h4YI-bJ4iaM3djqeZ9weejSF5.ycK19MOxkYijRf7DOk_yKObvL3g

I'd need to fit a larger barrel then. ಠ_ಠ In all seriousness though you'd have to do a huge amount of work to refit any of my meshes to even consider a print. Though it would be cool to see someone try just as long as no asshat's decide to make money off of my blood, sweat and beers. cheers.

Updates!

Retractable buttstock:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/405517864.jpg

WIP Barrel guard:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/547581933.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/534025982.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/381570531.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/331428166.jpg

Not too sure about the stuff in dark blue which is why I haven't gone the full 9 yards with them like I have with the other pieces. I don't mind killing them at this stage seeing as I haven't put much effort in them just yet so I'll wait here for a few ours just in case anyone points out any flaws or improvements that could be made.

- Topo -

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/241414595.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/823489157.jpg

I think the flash hider is too wimpy. (That's the front of the barrel civvies)

Because you asked

flanks is gonna get me banned one day

Flash hider looks fine, though when it's that thin, there is typically a loop on the end of it.
Edited by Skidrow925 on Feb 10, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Edited by Skidrow925 on Feb 10, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 10, 2017 12:06 PM    Msg. 12927 of 12952       
Updates:

Pretty much the base rifle is all done. Next up ammo counter.

- Topo -

Oh and for anyone curious or who is just eager to learn how to model I decided to record my self creating the trigger guard. It's not the best tutorial out there since I forgot to capture audio and it'll be a nightmare figuring out what I am doing seeing as I mainly use hotkeys but I dunno it's here if you want it.

(Sped up 75% so that's around 1hr and 20mins of silence crunched into around 45 or so mins)

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:24 AM    Msg. 12928 of 12952       
make the gun into something you can use in the engine or quit

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:28 AM    Msg. 12929 of 12952       
Which do you prefer and why?

Cowling A)

Cowling B)

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:31 AM    Msg. 12930 of 12952       
I like the one thats low poly, textured, and ingame ready

Kinnet

Ded.

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:35 AM    Msg. 12931 of 12952       
They look pretty nice but they don't feel like Halo ARs.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 01:51 PM    Msg. 12932 of 12952       
I legitimately cannot tell the difference between the two

Skidrow925

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 02:38 PM    Msg. 12933 of 12952       
I legitimately cannot tell the difference between the two
reae bot to

Imo, the one looks a little cluttered on the back. Its cool, but I prefer the other myself

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 07:58 PM    Msg. 12934 of 12952       
i got linked here, so i'll just copypasta my critique from earlier.

the side of the charging handle is easy to change on a bullpup, theres no reason to make it left handed instead of ambidextrous
flashlight should be more recessed to protect it
flashlights tend to break easily when you hit stuff with them
needs lock piston(s) on the adjustable stock
gun needs a safety/fire select
barrel-gastube connector should be widened
the front sling anchor is way too big, especially since there are no slings in halo
the gun also lacks a rear anchor for a sling, and one-point slings are very rare
the bolt carrier is obstructed
the bolt itself looks very thin and fragile
cheekrest looks super uncomfortable
the ejection port is not aligned with the barrel
if the visible portion of the ejection port is a port cover, then it lacks a hinge... if it isn't a cover, then those holes will catch a lot of dirt
the front of the chassis has a wide clearance around the barrel, reducing the spacing would lessen barrel movement
electronic display divider serves no obvious purpose, and would only increase the production cost and frailty of the unit
and overall greeblification is too damn high
Edited by greg079 on Feb 24, 2017 at 08:09 PM
Edited by greg079 on Feb 24, 2017 at 08:11 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 12:28 PM    Msg. 12935 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

i got linked here, so i'll just copypasta my critique from earlier.

the side of the charging handle is easy to change on a bullpup, theres no reason to make it left handed instead of ambidextrous.

I like the idea of it being right sided only if anything it forces the animations to be actually different instead of the same old: raise rifle up, generic HK slap, forcibly insert mag, lower rifle, tactikeewl reload complete.

In any case if peeps don't like the end result you'd just need to mirror the mesh element over onto the left side.

flashlight should be more recessed to protect it
flashlights tend to break easily when you hit stuff with them

It's less offensive than the MA-37 ,perhaps I'll push it back, but if I go too far it would be less likely to be seen and thus would just be a complete waste of memory.

needs lock piston(s) on the adjustable stock

Not exactly sure what those are...

gun needs a safety/fire select

Already has one just above the trigger. It's push button style like the MA5B, hit the left side to engage saftey, tap the right for full auto or something along those lines.

barrel-gastube connector should be widened

Scaled up or just made beefier?

the front sling anchor is way too big, especially since there are no slings in halo

Narrow down the clip point in particular or reduce the size of the whole thing?

the gun also lacks a rear anchor for a sling, and one-point slings are very rare

Second sling point is just behind the mag, granted it's a little inconspicuous but it's there.

the bolt carrier is obstructed
the bolt itself looks very thin and fragile

Could you go into a little more detail here? I can't really make out any obstructions.

cheekrest looks super uncomfortable

Yeah I've already got comments referring to it as a tumour but.....I don't really feel like deviating from the concept art.

the ejection port is not aligned with the barrel

Didn't clock that. I'll lower it.

if the visible portion of the ejection port is a port cover, then it lacks a hinge... if it isn't a cover, then those holes will catch a lot of dirt

I'm 100 percemt sure it isn't a bolt cover and that the concept artist copy and pasted a m4 bolt carrier.

the front of the chassis has a wide clearance around the barrel, reducing the spacing would lessen barrel movement

This bit?

electronic display divider serves no obvious purpose, and would only increase the production cost and frailty of the unit

Agreed. And thanks for the helpful crit!

greg079

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 01:39 AM    Msg. 12936 of 12952       
sorry for late, i don't come here very often anymore. i'll try to remember to check back later.

i still feel the gun should at least be ambidextrous, you wouldn't want to make the gun ineffective for 90% of the population

i agree that the 37 torch was bad, but that doesn't mean that referencing a bad is somehow less bad

the locks would be small pins that slide into notches or holes in the sliding metal rod. they prevent the stock from sliding unintentionally.

5b safety was also bad

beefier (x and z axis) between the barrel and the gastube

both is preferred, but a height reduction would suffice

i didn't open the pix in a new tab, sorry for missing the rear anchor point

the bolt slot is very thin, this isn't a bad thing necessarily, its bad because you have metal plating that runs around and into into the slot for some reason

the actual bolt itself is just too small, you need to fatten up the bolt not the cover you put over it

i understand staying true to the original design, i really do, but it is still -profanity-

glad to hear that you'll fix the ejection port, that was the biggest issue

i'm pretty sure too, but the in-game ma37 did have a cover flap IIRC

yes the bit inside the circle, its not a major issue, but its worth fixing imo

glad i could help honestly. i wish more gamedevs cared about functional designs instead of "muh capitalist spacegun greebles".
Edited by greg079 on Mar 1, 2017 at 01:41 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 08:04 PM    Msg. 12937 of 12952       
i still feel the gun should at least be ambidextrous, you wouldn't want to make the gun ineffective for 90% of the population

As a bullpup, the only thing preventing it from being ambidextrous is the fact that it ejects to the right in its standard configuration (which would spit brass into your face if you were left-handed). Most right-handed rifles have the charging handle on the right side of weapon.

i agree that the 37 torch was bad, but that doesn't mean that referencing a bad is somehow less bad

It's not a component that's critical to the weapon's operation, and it's not a bayonet. It's better-protected than most other gun-mounted flashlights, and you're not going to be smacking people in the face with that end of the gun.

5b safety was also bad

"I prefer Y" =/= "X is bad"
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 1, 2017 at 08:08 PM

greg079

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 12:21 AM    Msg. 12938 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

It's not a component that's critical to the weapon's operation, and it's not a bayonet. It's better-protected than most other gun-mounted flashlights, and you're not going to be smacking people in the face with that end of the gun.

you don't know me
Edited by greg079 on Mar 3, 2017 at 12:23 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 07:28 AM    Msg. 12939 of 12952       
Cowling Update

A few amendments here and there, just the RDS to go and I'll ready for lowpoly.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 09:23 PM    Msg. 12940 of 12952       
Love all of the stuff you've been churning out Flanker
Good work

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 09:03 AM    Msg. 12941 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Love all of the stuff you've been churning out Flanker
Good work

> Not sure if sarcasm....or cruel joke, either way please give a like and share if you enjoyed this maybe think about subscribing and donating to my twitch?

RDS Update.

- Topo -

> Just need to do iron sights.
Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 15, 2017 at 09:13 AM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 12:07 PM    Msg. 12942 of 12952       
Goosebumps

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 01:38 PM    Msg. 12943 of 12952       
Goosebumps

Update:

Iron sights are complete. Inspired heavily by Troy, Magpul, and Fabarms.

They flip down too.

The mounting plates share the same proportions as the integrated cowling rail so yes you can mount them there too. Not sure why you would though.......

- FP's -

- Topo -

I'm now officially done with the highpoly. (yay!)

However I'm going to take a few days hiatus to work on some other stuff that was sent my way (nothing to do with dreamtrap) so that'll give all the people who voted for this design time for what I have made so far to sink in, if you have any changes or suggestions you really want made make them known in the next couple of days because once I start the lowpoly I will not iterate on the design further.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 03:20 AM    Msg. 12944 of 12952       
However I'm going to take a few days hiatus to work on some other stuff that was sent my way (nothing to do with dreamtrap)

You didnt help me out with dreamtrap though

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 05:06 PM    Msg. 12945 of 12952       
Hey, nice stuff !
Could you send me the model of the base of the gun ?

If I find some time, i'd like to experiment with a design I drawed quickly in 2011, like this, if it can give you some inspiration (it's much bulkier than the reach models) :

Super Flanker

Posted: May 1, 2017 12:53 PM    Msg. 12946 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Hey, nice stuff !
Could you send me the model of the base of the gun ?

If I find some time, i'd like to experiment with a design I drawed quickly in 2011, like this, if it can give you some inspiration (it's much bulkier than the reach models) :

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Tu5Ida2h9YkKp83zNVwFj1pGOuJErvEkYtZFEZQh7NjtZqILrihMPu_j5PJ4xQjTNFg10GnDI3tkkmMQjWCRvE8cx2aToFwkulTtZJcjmeg1MMrgTu09MDOKxfxYPHs3Ub2CrLu1-skLr9vPOoaLpllWpB-ZxojQYSXD_rtTVGOwOUgOdEOL_5XiLod_kDj9T2Fbr_ugrOLy17kUQvgMBo_8VHX9Otavk--kqD9Llnln9HXzKPZwFoqsubzrdGpGxk99puvhlhp0j2TbbBCA_tVDeqf1Sq_rC10_9Bo-LR6gvKprdJ9BOy7AJH59gXfKqRzGzKodIXjNSaHTSoN7NwM1B3gVmy_7irw6XKVEFnF6kA0RnE1r8e6VyIIiZy0DvXxAEFRYTXXMEDZ4ResHYnKxfW8sBQglxaMQ1dsvcMoxuCA7BWbeIw7W3rBsHsQ9PLliC0_1ddfdb4sBgvn__tZB_7aXJJF4FzPv_y7nJvhDaaz5fCOWEH95R0Gcx-b2o1yE3X6qyBK5B5BPrrPShAE1rQ6soyKTbKVN2a8-WCJ19CYy1MSIPSKmYQK3CsCvWxrE-npZGTRMNnderswpxLQnlHthgcOSNK969MTXlBTgvw=w993-h662-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EmnrKQJKPXpBRRaVq4eadm_n9VjVQ4HguUR3UkysH0sTW7VHeeNx9s0r2BDiZq0zX_P1M6awuPsV8h824vrtX0WwriIsLvWmt-HKQVRWYJnvvYe4NuttraSdyPiq79S-VT8eHmLsmW4eWhIqlfcEale3oe83HJtYaohkXPlv-1Tdov_TnWDqbus2m-2MC-bHZDLVLozYd7GHSbWVNweJuNcRSdZcykaJ1vlF88oR9ITRDqFrJJzkfIMyObFcMYc3_yU0wqQUr-7rUrxB7WtdAGNqwAJ02SXHkmJeZD5SMVqp-L8xuHWNiZgkPNFOy6ebNMyDuI2Cwz_Rot3Z02uk1_0UPz7dutZeeaopDkzyr0CIo25kTb5s-kh6O8VARib0QvYn72e_kHvi7bUjRqHr42wlXGOzWEQZqhLP6rKyYBusuq9Mr16rr7yt7b7PXS2BHwSsIuyScrwxtEouAQBnd85ry4HtffgChXeNDEuom4GmBPaOlpU1obFUjMseMCX7PGxf-KckuLmdSDYFkTHapQ12--dlrPHsoavcoWpebnKKI_CFcn4xr8Iy0m2mr2UQQHz4hK36u6xFCO1ejJBe41ySbj7EmPo1imZxalwiwg=w993-h662-no

Grab a discord acc and we can chat fam: https://discordapp.com/

My discord: Super Flanker#2198

Pm me if you have any difficulties. Oh happy labour day btw.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 12:45 PM    Msg. 12947 of 12952       
Moar guns when

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 09:08 AM    Msg. 12948 of 12952       
I can show you my gun ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 11:12 AM    Msg. 12949 of 12952       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Moar guns when

Quote: --- Original message by: Greg079
right after NATO disbands

A day or so's grace period is in effect so I can clean up the final release.

And If anyone wants to sway my opinion on what to do next here are my final selections for the future.

Edited by Super Flanker on Jul 21, 2017 at 11:13 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 07:57 PM    Msg. 12950 of 12952       
Magnum plskthnx

Page 370 of 371 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 364 · 365 · 366 · 367 · 368 · 369 · [370] · 371 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 27, 2017 8:31 AM 1,890 ms.
A Halo Maps Website