A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP]

Page 371 of 371 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 364 · 365 · 366 · 367 · 368 · 369 · 370 · [371] · Prev
Author Topic: Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] (12972 messages, Page 371 of 371)
Moderators: Dennis

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 10:23 AM    Msg. 12951 of 12972       
if this weapon were a woman

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 10:30 AM    Msg. 12952 of 12972       
Maybe you can 3d print it in silicone so you can do what you really want to do, Tiel.

Super Flanker

I bet you taste good at night.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 11:07 AM    Msg. 12953 of 12972       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
You get a bump of coal for Christmas.

I'd prefer an official DINC t-shirt.

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel

t!rep @Tiel

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Maybe you can 3d print it in silicone so you can do what you really want to do, Tiel.

I'd need to fit a larger barrel then. ಠ_ಠ In all seriousness though you'd have to do a huge amount of work to refit any of my meshes to even consider a print. Though it would be cool to see someone try just as long as no asshat's decide to make money off of my blood, sweat and beers. cheers.

Updates!

Retractable buttstock:

WIP Barrel guard:

Not too sure about the stuff in dark blue which is why I haven't gone the full 9 yards with them like I have with the other pieces. I don't mind killing them at this stage seeing as I haven't put much effort in them just yet so I'll wait here for a few ours just in case anyone points out any flaws or improvements that could be made.

- Topo -

I think the flash hider is too wimpy. (That's the front of the barrel civvies)

Skidrow925

Arrested Pvt. -1st Class

Posted: Feb 10, 2017 10:41 AM    Msg. 12954 of 12972       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
You get a bump of coal for Christmas.

I'd prefer an official DINC t-shirt.

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel

t!rep @Tiel

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNx0EOhCAMAMC_8ABqASn6G4IETdAS2j1t_Pvu3OZrPrOb3ZyqQ3aA45LC87CiPHOrtjG3XvO4xBa-Iavmct71UQHnMGzJESWiGFaPDv7BJa4h4YI-bJ4iaM3djqeZ9weejSF5.ycK19MOxkYijRf7DOk_yKObvL3g

I'd need to fit a larger barrel then. ಠ_ಠ In all seriousness though you'd have to do a huge amount of work to refit any of my meshes to even consider a print. Though it would be cool to see someone try just as long as no asshat's decide to make money off of my blood, sweat and beers. cheers.

Updates!

Retractable buttstock:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/405517864.jpg

WIP Barrel guard:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/547581933.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/534025982.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/381570531.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/331428166.jpg

Not too sure about the stuff in dark blue which is why I haven't gone the full 9 yards with them like I have with the other pieces. I don't mind killing them at this stage seeing as I haven't put much effort in them just yet so I'll wait here for a few ours just in case anyone points out any flaws or improvements that could be made.

- Topo -

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/241414595.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/823489157.jpg

I think the flash hider is too wimpy. (That's the front of the barrel civvies)

Because you asked

flanks is gonna get me banned one day

Flash hider looks fine, though when it's that thin, there is typically a loop on the end of it.
Edited by Skidrow925 on Feb 10, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Edited by Skidrow925 on Feb 10, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 10, 2017 12:06 PM    Msg. 12955 of 12972       
Updates:

Pretty much the base rifle is all done. Next up ammo counter.

- Topo -

Oh and for anyone curious or who is just eager to learn how to model I decided to record my self creating the trigger guard. It's not the best tutorial out there since I forgot to capture audio and it'll be a nightmare figuring out what I am doing seeing as I mainly use hotkeys but I dunno it's here if you want it.

(Sped up 75% so that's around 1hr and 20mins of silence crunched into around 45 or so mins)

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:24 AM    Msg. 12956 of 12972       
make the gun into something you can use in the engine or quit

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:28 AM    Msg. 12957 of 12972       
Which do you prefer and why?

Cowling A)

Cowling B)

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:31 AM    Msg. 12958 of 12972       
I like the one thats low poly, textured, and ingame ready

Kinnet

Xfire: kinnet_zero69

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:35 AM    Msg. 12959 of 12972       
They look pretty nice but they don't feel like Halo ARs.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 01:51 PM    Msg. 12960 of 12972       
I legitimately cannot tell the difference between the two

Skidrow925

Arrested Pvt. -1st Class

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 02:38 PM    Msg. 12961 of 12972       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I legitimately cannot tell the difference between the two
reae bot to

Imo, the one looks a little cluttered on the back. Its cool, but I prefer the other myself

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 07:58 PM    Msg. 12962 of 12972       
i got linked here, so i'll just copypasta my critique from earlier.

the side of the charging handle is easy to change on a bullpup, theres no reason to make it left handed instead of ambidextrous
flashlight should be more recessed to protect it
flashlights tend to break easily when you hit stuff with them
needs lock piston(s) on the adjustable stock
gun needs a safety/fire select
barrel-gastube connector should be widened
the front sling anchor is way too big, especially since there are no slings in halo
the gun also lacks a rear anchor for a sling, and one-point slings are very rare
the bolt carrier is obstructed
the bolt itself looks very thin and fragile
cheekrest looks super uncomfortable
the ejection port is not aligned with the barrel
if the visible portion of the ejection port is a port cover, then it lacks a hinge... if it isn't a cover, then those holes will catch a lot of dirt
the front of the chassis has a wide clearance around the barrel, reducing the spacing would lessen barrel movement
electronic display divider serves no obvious purpose, and would only increase the production cost and frailty of the unit
and overall greeblification is too damn high
Edited by greg079 on Feb 24, 2017 at 08:09 PM
Edited by greg079 on Feb 24, 2017 at 08:11 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 12:28 PM    Msg. 12963 of 12972       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

i got linked here, so i'll just copypasta my critique from earlier.

the side of the charging handle is easy to change on a bullpup, theres no reason to make it left handed instead of ambidextrous.

I like the idea of it being right sided only if anything it forces the animations to be actually different instead of the same old: raise rifle up, generic HK slap, forcibly insert mag, lower rifle, tactikeewl reload complete.

In any case if peeps don't like the end result you'd just need to mirror the mesh element over onto the left side.

flashlight should be more recessed to protect it
flashlights tend to break easily when you hit stuff with them

It's less offensive than the MA-37 ,perhaps I'll push it back, but if I go too far it would be less likely to be seen and thus would just be a complete waste of memory.

needs lock piston(s) on the adjustable stock

Not exactly sure what those are...

gun needs a safety/fire select

Already has one just above the trigger. It's push button style like the MA5B, hit the left side to engage saftey, tap the right for full auto or something along those lines.

barrel-gastube connector should be widened

Scaled up or just made beefier?

the front sling anchor is way too big, especially since there are no slings in halo

Narrow down the clip point in particular or reduce the size of the whole thing?

the gun also lacks a rear anchor for a sling, and one-point slings are very rare

Second sling point is just behind the mag, granted it's a little inconspicuous but it's there.

the bolt carrier is obstructed
the bolt itself looks very thin and fragile

Could you go into a little more detail here? I can't really make out any obstructions.

cheekrest looks super uncomfortable

Yeah I've already got comments referring to it as a tumour but.....I don't really feel like deviating from the concept art.

the ejection port is not aligned with the barrel

Didn't clock that. I'll lower it.

if the visible portion of the ejection port is a port cover, then it lacks a hinge... if it isn't a cover, then those holes will catch a lot of dirt

I'm 100 percemt sure it isn't a bolt cover and that the concept artist copy and pasted a m4 bolt carrier.

the front of the chassis has a wide clearance around the barrel, reducing the spacing would lessen barrel movement

This bit?

electronic display divider serves no obvious purpose, and would only increase the production cost and frailty of the unit

Agreed. And thanks for the helpful crit!

greg079

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 01:39 AM    Msg. 12964 of 12972       
sorry for late, i don't come here very often anymore. i'll try to remember to check back later.

i still feel the gun should at least be ambidextrous, you wouldn't want to make the gun ineffective for 90% of the population

i agree that the 37 torch was bad, but that doesn't mean that referencing a bad is somehow less bad

the locks would be small pins that slide into notches or holes in the sliding metal rod. they prevent the stock from sliding unintentionally.

5b safety was also bad

beefier (x and z axis) between the barrel and the gastube

both is preferred, but a height reduction would suffice

i didn't open the pix in a new tab, sorry for missing the rear anchor point

the bolt slot is very thin, this isn't a bad thing necessarily, its bad because you have metal plating that runs around and into into the slot for some reason

the actual bolt itself is just too small, you need to fatten up the bolt not the cover you put over it

i understand staying true to the original design, i really do, but it is still -profanity-

glad to hear that you'll fix the ejection port, that was the biggest issue

i'm pretty sure too, but the in-game ma37 did have a cover flap IIRC

yes the bit inside the circle, its not a major issue, but its worth fixing imo

glad i could help honestly. i wish more gamedevs cared about functional designs instead of "muh capitalist spacegun greebles".
Edited by greg079 on Mar 1, 2017 at 01:41 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 08:04 PM    Msg. 12965 of 12972       
i still feel the gun should at least be ambidextrous, you wouldn't want to make the gun ineffective for 90% of the population

As a bullpup, the only thing preventing it from being ambidextrous is the fact that it ejects to the right in its standard configuration (which would spit brass into your face if you were left-handed). Most right-handed rifles have the charging handle on the right side of weapon.

i agree that the 37 torch was bad, but that doesn't mean that referencing a bad is somehow less bad

It's not a component that's critical to the weapon's operation, and it's not a bayonet. It's better-protected than most other gun-mounted flashlights, and you're not going to be smacking people in the face with that end of the gun.

5b safety was also bad

"I prefer Y" =/= "X is bad"
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 1, 2017 at 08:08 PM

greg079

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 12:21 AM    Msg. 12966 of 12972       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

It's not a component that's critical to the weapon's operation, and it's not a bayonet. It's better-protected than most other gun-mounted flashlights, and you're not going to be smacking people in the face with that end of the gun.

you don't know me
Edited by greg079 on Mar 3, 2017 at 12:23 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 07:28 AM    Msg. 12967 of 12972       
Cowling Update

A few amendments here and there, just the RDS to go and I'll ready for lowpoly.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 09:23 PM    Msg. 12968 of 12972       
Love all of the stuff you've been churning out Flanker
Good work

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 09:03 AM    Msg. 12969 of 12972       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Love all of the stuff you've been churning out Flanker
Good work

> Not sure if sarcasm....or cruel joke, either way please give a like and share if you enjoyed this maybe think about subscribing and donating to my twitch?

RDS Update.

- Topo -

> Just need to do iron sights.
Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 15, 2017 at 09:13 AM

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 12:07 PM    Msg. 12970 of 12972       
Goosebumps

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 01:38 PM    Msg. 12971 of 12972       
Goosebumps

Update:

Iron sights are complete. Inspired heavily by Troy, Magpul, and Fabarms.

They flip down too.

The mounting plates share the same proportions as the integrated cowling rail so yes you can mount them there too. Not sure why you would though.......

- FP's -

- Topo -

I'm now officially done with the highpoly. (yay!)

However I'm going to take a few days hiatus to work on some other stuff that was sent my way (nothing to do with dreamtrap) so that'll give all the people who voted for this design time for what I have made so far to sink in, if you have any changes or suggestions you really want made make them known in the next couple of days because once I start the lowpoly I will not iterate on the design further.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 03:20 AM    Msg. 12972 of 12972       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
However I'm going to take a few days hiatus to work on some other stuff that was sent my way (nothing to do with dreamtrap)

You didnt help me out with dreamtrap though

Page 371 of 371 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 364 · 365 · 366 · 367 · 368 · 369 · 370 · [371] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon April 24, 2017 1:06 PM 2,297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website