A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP]

Page 190 of 191 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 184 · 185 · 186 · 187 · 188 · 189 · [190] · 191 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] (6670 messages, Page 190 of 191)
Moderators: Dennis

OrangeJuice
Joined: Jan 29, 2009

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 05:13 PM    Msg. 6616 of 6670       
Say if I wanted a character to blink while idle; Would it need to be entirely in 3D or could I relegate facial features to 2D texture sequences?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 6, 2016 at 05:17 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 05:21 PM    Msg. 6617 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Say if I wanted a character to blink while idle; Would it need to be entirely in 3D or could I relegate facial features to 2D texture sequences?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 6, 2016 at 05:17 PM


It would require 3d animation. Though it might be possible to create a particle effect with two markers set to the position of your bipeds sockets how ever control would be very limited as you would be literally using sprite images consisting of an open eye and a closed one.

Though that is my perspective perhaps another could broaden the horizons of your query further.


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 05:24 PM    Msg. 6618 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Say if I wanted a character to blink while idle; Would it need to be entirely in 3D or could I relegate facial features to 2D texture sequences?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 6, 2016 at 05:17 PM
for the love of all that is holy do NOT TRY TO DO THIS WITH SPRITES. It is a long painful road that is easily bypassed by making two simple bones. Or really, just one bone.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 05:30 PM    Msg. 6619 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Say if I wanted a character to blink while idle; Would it need to be entirely in 3D or could I relegate facial features to 2D texture sequences?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 6, 2016 at 05:17 PM
for the love of all that is holy do NOT TRY TO DO THIS WITH SPRITES. It is a long painful road that is easily bypassed by making two simple bones. Or really, just one bone.


I have no doubt it can be done with sprites however as I previously mentioned you would be lacking in the controlability department.

Skidrows method would be far easier if you have competence within the 3d realm.


OrangeJuice
Joined: Jan 29, 2009

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 05:31 PM    Msg. 6620 of 6670       
Could it be done with Planes that are rapidly attached and detached for every frame of animation needed?


Errr...:

Mouth:
Attach> |plane1| > Detach
Attach> |plane2| > Detach
Attach> |plane3| > Detach
Attach> |plane4| > Detach

| Animation Finished|

??

Or instead of messing with attachment hierarchies: have all four placed mathematically to a single rotating bone and just have other "frames" rotated into and hidden inside my biped?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 6, 2016 at 05:38 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 05:36 PM    Msg. 6621 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
Could it be done with Planes that are rapidly attached and detached for every frame of animation needed?


You mean planes which pop into and out of view in a few frames.

Perhaps but I am not sure again if it would show up in a correct manner. I could be 100% wrong but your proposed method doesn't sound like it would work in a correct manner since you effectively would be repurposing an animation for another purpose.


Bones within 3d offer the flexibilty needwd to pull of a convincing animation of your specifications. Though I am referencing cinematixx here but I am more than sure that facial rigging is supported. Just not in an advanced manner to which we would be used to with todays engines.
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 6, 2016 at 05:40 PM


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 05:37 PM    Msg. 6622 of 6670       
I'll describe what exactly I mean with pictures later, but here's the base idea: You make eyelkids on the biped model skinned to an eyelid bone which falls under head. Then you animate it to rotate to move the eyelid bits of mesh.

Attachment and detachment is also a painful method and is terrible practice. You might sweet talk R93 into helping you better. If he doesn't say yes at first feel free to invoke swishy swish's name. That may produce varying results.


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Feb 6, 2016 08:39 PM    Msg. 6623 of 6670       
there's probably like 15 different ways to make a character blink while idle, and tbh each is valid but I think you just need to figure out what amount of work you want to actually put in. Doing it via animation would require you to go through and change every single animation and re-export (assuming you're using an existing skeleton). Sprites would be annoying but it'd probably be more efficient.

IIRC, the early tomb raider games actually just used sprites for all of the facial features, up until TR3 where Lara was given extra polygons to work with.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 7, 2016 03:30 AM    Msg. 6624 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

IIRC, the early tomb raider games actually just used sprites for all of the facial features, up until TR3 where Lara was given extra polygons to work with.


Since when are you on a first name basis with lady croft?

O.o do I detect a hint of affection?


*memories of the nude mod rekindle*


( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 7, 2016 at 03:30 AM


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

Tatsumaki best waifu


Posted: Feb 7, 2016 06:39 AM    Msg. 6625 of 6670       
Just give to the eyes a separated shader which has a vertical slide function, and be sure that the eyes texture include the eyelids. Then, you can change the function period and speed in order to make the blink as believable as possible


tillice
Joined: Jan 30, 2016

\_(ツ)_/


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 12:59 PM    Msg. 6626 of 6670       
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)
i have planned on doing a bunch edits to the hcea spartan model



R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 01:33 PM    Msg. 6627 of 6670       
How'd you get your hands on it anyways?


tillice
Joined: Jan 30, 2016

\_(ツ)_/


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 01:49 PM    Msg. 6628 of 6670       
borrowed it from papa bungie ;)


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 01:51 PM    Msg. 6629 of 6670       
Mind sharing the unmodified version with us? It's probably one of the very few good assets from CEA


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 03:11 PM    Msg. 6630 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)


Not needed virtually everything is borrowed in someway or another.


& kudos to you for using a bright background instead of those visually demeaning dark ones!


DaLode
Joined: Oct 4, 2014

Ho ho hooooly doodle!


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 03:25 PM    Msg. 6631 of 6670       
#whiteBackgroundsMatter


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 04:03 PM    Msg. 6632 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
#whiteBackgroundsMatter




Halonimator
Joined: Dec 15, 2014

Halo5gsucks.com


Posted: Feb 8, 2016 08:38 PM    Msg. 6633 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
#whiteBackgroundsMatter


https://i.ytimg.com/vi/g3zXyuFQ-oc/maxresdefault.jpg


Low res textures 2.5/10


NeX
Joined: Apr 11, 2013


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 11:01 AM    Msg. 6634 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)
i have planned on doing a bunch edits to the hcea spartan model

http://i.imgur.com/mOVcncg.png


Yes, please do share. I'd love to try getting some good renders with this as I learn 3DS stuff. It'd be a good intro to biped stuff for me :D


VoidsShadow
Joined: Aug 27, 2012

Kick back, drink a chai!


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 03:14 PM    Msg. 6635 of 6670       
I'd love to get rid of the chestpiece. That and the helmet were the only qualms I had when CEA came out.


HandofGod
Joined: Jan 10, 2014

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 03:27 PM    Msg. 6636 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)
i have planned on doing a bunch edits to the hcea spartan model

http://i.imgur.com/mOVcncg.png


Yes, please do share. I'd love to try getting some good renders with this as I learn 3DS stuff. It'd be a good intro to biped stuff for me :D


Potential biped for final release of Halo Revolution Also I'm guessing the fp arms for the biped would have to be done from scratch too?


NeX
Joined: Apr 11, 2013


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 07:41 PM    Msg. 6637 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)
i have planned on doing a bunch edits to the hcea spartan model

http://i.imgur.com/mOVcncg.png


Yes, please do share. I'd love to try getting some good renders with this as I learn 3DS stuff. It'd be a good intro to biped stuff for me :D


Potential biped for final release of Halo Revolution Also I'm guessing the fp arms for the biped would have to be done from scratch too?


That project is pretty much dead. I would like it to simply play with, since someone else would undoubtedly get it ingamed better and faster than I could


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 07:50 PM    Msg. 6638 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)
i have planned on doing a bunch edits to the hcea spartan model

http://i.imgur.com/mOVcncg.png


Yes, please do share. I'd love to try getting some good renders with this as I learn 3DS stuff. It'd be a good intro to biped stuff for me :D


Potential biped for final release of Halo Revolution Also I'm guessing the fp arms for the biped would have to be done from scratch too?


That project is pretty much dead. I would like it to simply play with, since someone else would undoubtedly get it ingamed better and faster than I could

what ? what happened with halo revoultion?, it was one of the best mp projects on halomaps.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 07:54 PM    Msg. 6639 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)
i have planned on doing a bunch edits to the hcea spartan model

http://i.imgur.com/mOVcncg.png


Yes, please do share. I'd love to try getting some good renders with this as I learn 3DS stuff. It'd be a good intro to biped stuff for me :D


Potential biped for final release of Halo Revolution Also I'm guessing the fp arms for the biped would have to be done from scratch too?


That project is pretty much dead. I would like it to simply play with, since someone else would undoubtedly get it ingamed better and faster than I could

what ? what happened with halo revoultion?, it was one of the best mp projects on halomaps.


D3ad as in bored to d3ath with m0dd1n9


NeX
Joined: Apr 11, 2013


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 09:05 PM    Msg. 6640 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
(sorry if this thread is purely for content made from scratch)
i have planned on doing a bunch edits to the hcea spartan model

http://i.imgur.com/mOVcncg.png


Yes, please do share. I'd love to try getting some good renders with this as I learn 3DS stuff. It'd be a good intro to biped stuff for me :D


Potential biped for final release of Halo Revolution Also I'm guessing the fp arms for the biped would have to be done from scratch too?


That project is pretty much dead. I would like it to simply play with, since someone else would undoubtedly get it ingamed better and faster than I could

what ? what happened with halo revoultion?, it was one of the best mp projects on halomaps.


D3ad as in bored to d3ath with m0dd1n9


@kinnet - your words, not mine lol. It was a lot of work to get 20+ maps out the door, and I realized later that the gameplay was...newer, but I guess I just prefer that classic competitive H1 style.

@flanker pretty much.

It was a long road and I learned a ton. It's time to move on to OS to give me more to work with, since being fancy with an old engine won't teach me anything of real relevance to a modern portfolio. I'll post more stuff when I have time, I have a baby shower project sort of born of revolutions ashes so to speak


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 9, 2016 09:37 PM    Msg. 6641 of 6670       
Empathy bruh, we both purchased it.


tillice
Joined: Jan 30, 2016

\_(ツ)_/


Posted: Feb 10, 2016 06:38 AM    Msg. 6642 of 6670       
im going to share the model once im done with rigging& scaling it. (or a friend have helped me with it)
in the meantime its going to be a part of a little project im working on.



^ only had access to mipmaps in this pic


^im most likely only going to use the unmodified magnum, and the silenced version.
its mostly model mashups etc, since i have no actual knowledge in making models.
Edited by tillice on Feb 10, 2016 at 06:40 AM


savinpvtmike
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

It's heavily inserted


Posted: Feb 10, 2016 02:19 PM    Msg. 6643 of 6670       
is that the h4 Marine


tillice
Joined: Jan 30, 2016

\_(ツ)_/


Posted: Feb 10, 2016 03:28 PM    Msg. 6644 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
is that the h4 Marine

yeah, i liked "base" style of the h4 marine, but the chest armor wasnt enough for me. so i decided to use the reach chest& reach balaclava head


tillice
Joined: Jan 30, 2016

\_(ツ)_/


Posted: May 28, 2016 03:54 PM    Msg. 6645 of 6670       
I'll let these images speak for themselves.





Edited by tillice on May 29, 2016 at 07:29 PM


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: May 28, 2016 08:42 PM    Msg. 6646 of 6670       
Halo 2 Demo?


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: May 28, 2016 11:16 PM    Msg. 6647 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Halo 2 Demo?

That lighting is Halo 2 Anniversary I'm pretty sure.


tillice
Joined: Jan 30, 2016

\_(ツ)_/


Posted: May 31, 2016 05:40 PM    Msg. 6648 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice

I'll let these images speak for themselves.
http://imgur.com/Kd5pVbe.png
http://i.imgur.com/VA5hl7W.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q9tGiHN.png

http://i.imgur.com/w5DAdkJ.jpg
Edited by tillice on May 29, 2016 at 07:29 PM


Yeah, no.


do people dislike the h2a marine or something?


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 31, 2016 06:31 PM    Msg. 6649 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice

I'll let these images speak for themselves.
http://imgur.com/Kd5pVbe.png
http://i.imgur.com/VA5hl7W.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q9tGiHN.png

http://i.imgur.com/w5DAdkJ.jpg
Edited by tillice on May 29, 2016 at 07:29 PM


Yeah, no.


do people dislike the h2a marine or something?


No, no tilice my wuv you misunderstand this is a great step forward but unfortunately rngr dngr is a retard.

A full retard.

Thats the worst kind of retard.

Stare for too long at his avatar and you could also become retrerded!


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"


Posted: May 31, 2016 07:54 PM    Msg. 6650 of 6670       
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Quote: --- Original message by: tillice

I'll let these images speak for themselves.
http://imgur.com/Kd5pVbe.png
http://i.imgur.com/VA5hl7W.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q9tGiHN.png

http://i.imgur.com/w5DAdkJ.jpg
Edited by tillice on May 29, 2016 at 07:29 PM


Yeah, no.


do people dislike the h2a marine or something?


Everyone hates everything even remotely related to Halo 2 around here. Especially Masterz1337.

 
Page 190 of 191 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 184 · 185 · 186 · 187 · 188 · 189 · [190] · 191 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Mon August 21, 2017 1:57 PM 2,360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website