A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Halo 2 XP ?s

Author Topic: Halo 2 XP ?s (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

x_orange90_x

i am a banshee whore, i have to say

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 09:32 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
i have installed it successfully on Windows XP, but i have a few questions.

i know this may sound repetitive, but i havnt found an answer yet.
is there anyway (any patch or anything) that allows for LAN play? thats all i want Halo 2 for, and i dont want to install Vista just for this, as i am currently using the other hard drive for game storage. i DO have a legitimate Halo 2 key, but whenever i click on Create new server, nothing happens.

also, do u have to sign in to LIVE to play LAN?

and, why isnt LAN play supported? Shadowrun can do LAN on XP, so why not Halo 2?

currently, i am using the patch from http://halo2xp.tk/ to play on XP.

if someone can help me to get it work on LAN if it is possible, i would appreciate it. if not, thanks if u can at least explain to my why it wont be possible.

thanks

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Well, I unfortunately do not have the answer for you whether or not XP runs LAN (I'm currently running Vista), but about Shadowrun, I believe that is another Vista game meaning it's patched to run on XP. Just because a patch for one game features LAN doesn't mean all patches are going to support all features.

As for signing into LIVE, to play LAN, that doesn't sound probable (being that LIVE is and online service).

Also, if your just trying to LAN and it won't work, buying an Xbox and Halo 2 is probably chea[er than picking up Vista! haha

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

x_orange90_x

i am a banshee whore, i have to say

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
well i have Vista Ultimate already, i just dont have the disk space to install it again. and my computer isnt the greatest, and Vista is a resource hog, so i dont get great frames on Vista. and from what i hear it is 30% performance on XP. thats why i was hoping to get LAN to work. i wonder if it has something to do with Vista's newer TCP/IP Protocalls. maybe H2 was purposely made to utilize that, because Vista's is something like v6 and XP's is v4/5. well if anyone can help, still, thanks.

and thanks Yak for the quick reply!

johnnyblaz20

wuzzup

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 12:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Well i'm sorry the game is Vista only. I personally think that's the reason the game is an utter falure. But isn't it only fair? Half my software only works on XP and earlier. Now i have some that only work on vista and newer operating systems. Even it up. lol

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 01:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: is there anyway (any patch or anything) that allows for LAN play? thats all i want Halo 2 for, and i dont want to install Vista just for this, as i
Ther Game is called Halo 2 VISTA for a very, very good reason. There is no support for running it on XP and the emulators that were developed are unsupported, unstable and do not allow for LAN or Internet play. Install Vista becasue XP has reached end of live and will not be sold after June 30, 2008

See: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/default.mspx

You can not obtain support for running Halo 2 Vista on XP.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 3:52 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website