A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Guerilla error when trying to open anything

Author Topic: Guerilla error when trying to open anything (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Overkill

I like grapes.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 11:48 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Recently, I have had a few errors in Guerilla when trying to open up basically everything (I've been trying to open up 2 bitmaps). When I try to open it I get this in a box that says:

Quote: ERROR

Couldn't read map file './guerillabeta.map'
you need to set your working directory.

If anyone can, can you please help me? Btw, I searched all of the forum's posts (with search) and I get no results.

Overkill

I like grapes.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 01:10 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
That doesn't really help (I already know what directory means). My Guerillia directory is D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games if that helps finding the directory (btw, I can't see guerilliabeta.map file anywhere in the Halo CE directory, I still need help). (AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST IN CAPS.)

Rexhunter99

- C++ Programmer

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 01:49 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
The HEK tools need to be in the Halo custom edition directory, so for me:

C:\Program FIles\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\

Install the HEK tools there or just move them.

Overkill

I like grapes.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 07:03 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote:
That and you can only open up tags in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\Tags folder.

Ty man, that fixed my problem up MASSIVELY .

EDIT: So, if I used "Save As" for my bitmap that I used from the Tags folder into my Data\Levels\mapname\bitmaps, it would save correctly?
Edited by Overkill on Jul 5, 2008 at 07:06 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 2, 2020 5:43 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website