A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New extinction suggestions

Author Topic: New extinction suggestions (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 03:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 22       
I am going to edit the extinction map to better suit gameplay.

Post any suggestions here, and how I can fix them.

Additionally, where do I go to edit vehicle strength?

EDIT: This will also be a WIP thread.
There is lots of work to be done...
Edited by Officer egg on Jul 5, 2008 at 03:30 PM

Dhark

I believe in Dennis Powers

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 03:40 PM    Msg. 2 of 22       
so ender isnt making a second map then, is he? Because if he is then (not to be rude) this would be almost pointless, if would be better if you helped ender with the task no?

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 03:44 PM    Msg. 3 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dhark
so ender isnt making a second map then, is he? Because if he is then (not to be rude) this would be almost pointless, if would be better if you helped ender with the task no?

I don't know about him, I am just doing one myself just for the heck of it.

It needs an upgrade, no?

http://www.xfire.com/video/dd29/

I fixed the jet.

Bokito

Playing ODST since 09-21-09

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 03:47 PM    Msg. 4 of 22       
how to improve extinction hmmm.... BLOW IT TO BITS AND THE LOOSE PIECES OF CRAP WILL FORM SOMETHING BETTER! just remake, or let it die in a lonely corner.

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 03:48 PM    Msg. 5 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: lazy784
how about u take out a lot of that lag

Edited by lazy784 on Jul 5, 2008 at 03:47 PM

What exactly causes the lag?

And also, does anyone think we need any ghosts or hogs?

Nugga117

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 03:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 22       
Go into the jet's .vehicle tag, and set the acceleration time to double the warthog's accel time. It'll make it so you don't go in tight circles in a dogfight, and you'll have to keep the forward key depressed all the time if you wanna stay in the air.
Also, I suggest a total remodel too. The human hangar causes a massive FPS drop whenever I look at it.
Edited by Nugga117 on Jul 5, 2008 at 03:53 PM

madkiller92

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 04:18 PM    Msg. 7 of 22       
Cut out about 1-2km. There is a long strip of land with vehicles all over it, shorten that down. And this may sound weird, but I've actually never gone to the very end of the map area outside of the Pillar Of Autumn.

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 04:20 PM    Msg. 8 of 22       
I can't do much about the size...I deleted the mythos, though, along with the armory, and I am moving the flags.

The new human flag location is inside the hangar, and the covie flag will be inside the ship.
Edited by Officer egg on Jul 5, 2008 at 04:21 PM

Dhark

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 04:49 PM    Msg. 9 of 22       
give the teams equal guns, less snipers or different snipers can help; certain snipers are way overpowered in which they kill anything in 1-3 shots.

There's already lots of warthogs and there are ghosts already in the map

give the teams the ability to have similar vehicles?

The seraph has a weird shooting problem in that the guns 'cross over' each other and make it more difficult to use.
On another note for the seraph, give its projectiles a lifespan, because it shoots so many and they continue on for a long time, this can be a huge cause for lag as (when people got angry) theyd get in seraphs and start spam shooting the PoA which has the potential to lag out the server

Remove the longsword nuke? or SERIOUSLY lower its damage?

Maybe allow for infantry combat? For example if you take some teleporter you can get teleported inside the rock wall thats sort of in the middle of the map, give blue team the ability to gain access to this thing too so people dont HAVE to use vehicles to fight?

Fix the middle bridge, if someone boosts on it, specifically with the covenant's version of the warthog, you can get pushed right through it

Some more ground vehicles? But make sure they can do something decent against air units

HaloSlayer

Used to be my H3 Emblem

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 06:00 PM    Msg. 10 of 22       
My Suggestions:

(If you can) Remodel the BSP. Make the middle area smaller and make the caves big enough for the scarab to fit through.

Only have 1 longsword in the hangar.

get rid of the random hogs at the tents and the crashed pelicans and tanks/mythos

Put the covenant vehicles closer together (and improve the seraph and scarabs ridiculous amount of force given from secondary fire)

Only have 3 or so Jets in the hangar

Only have 1 pelican
Only have 1 phantom
Have only 1 serpah and two banshees (make them almost as fast as the jets)
Get rid of the ghosts and hogs - Extinction is suited mainly for air combat

get rid of the pointless turrets. Put something like snipers or beamrifles there instead.

Most of those suggestions cut down the lag a bit.

Improvements for vehicles - I Really like what you did with the jet.

I think you should make the seraphs less powerfull but fire a little faster.

For the pelican - make it fire the chaingun slower and the missles weaker but fire fast.
For the phantom - make the R.O.F (Rate of fire) faster
For the scarab - Make it charge quicker and fire shorter bursts. Its mainly Anti-Air vehicle so make the rounds go faster but get rid of their homing ability. (Ive noticed they do have homingness -.-)
for the banshee's (if you put them in) make them almost as fast as the jets. change their turning to 5 (So that they can fly upside down/ do barrel rolls without the aid of secondary triggers), Increase the speed of the plasma bolts and make the feul rod home a little big and make it faster and get rid of the weight.

For weapons - Half the snipers are identical but with diffrent models and clip sizes. My advice is to get rid of them. keep only 2 or 3. make them more Anti-Air. 5 rounds a clip, maybe no so explosive. but do more damage to vehicles. For the beamrifle do the same. Ive also noticed theres two diffrent versions of the beam rifle. maybe make one more powerfull but runs outquicker and the other less powerfull but can fire alot.

For rocket launchers and feul rods. make them have no weight, home slightly and do reasonable damage.

All normal weapons (plasma rifles, assault rifles, smg's, shotguns etc etc) make them do reasonable damage and give them a long bullet lifetime (long range) so that any people on the ground still have a change at damaging air units.

I would love to help you out in this. I know alot of stuff from modding for several years. I'm actually surprised some of the stuff i know other people didnt think possible......

someone not important

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 06:59 PM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Give red base easier access to the vehicles and weapons. It's annoying when I spawn a kilometer away from the vehicles. Put all the spawn points inside the ship, and make the vehicles more accessible.

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 07:55 PM    Msg. 12 of 22       
Here is what I have done:

Removed one longsword.
Removed the super tanks, just three normal ones.
No more mythos!
Seraphs shoot extremely fast to make up for weak armor (gonna give it a lifespan, don't worry.)
No random campsites, both teams have their weapons and vehicles in the same area.
Human base lost armory and bridge.
Flags were moved to the hangar and the covenant bridge.
Jets are slower, turning is being worked on, lag missiles have been removed and replaced with bullets.
Two more covie gun towers on the other side without.
The cave to red base has been made scarier.
There are only hogs in the hog hangar thing.
Many useless teleports removed.
Simplicity has come to this map.
Balanced weapons, two snipers (the starting one and the big one that you pump after shot).
Two more jets where mythos was.
Balanced wepons!!!
As for the falling under the map, I will try and find another bridge tag.
And ghosts will have to avoid the teleport inside the human base, but I might just move it--yeah, ill move it.

Problems: The phantoms and seraphs and passenger hogs will not script-spawn, working on it...

I have yet to power down the pelican and longsword. I am going to reduce their rate of fire.

Anyone know where you go to control damage?

http://www.xfire.com/video/de25/

The night biped has also been moved, so as not to distract from gameplay.
Edited by Officer egg on Jul 5, 2008 at 07:57 PM

korori

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 08:05 PM    Msg. 13 of 22       
Why mod someone elses work. Making the map is half the fun and alot more rewarding in the end. You feel like you done something. I say dont mod learn to map.

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 09:37 PM    Msg. 14 of 22       
nm

How do you shorten the range of a weapon? In guerilla?

EDIT:
I am almost done.
The beta should be out soon.
Edited by Officer egg on Jul 5, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Dhark

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 10:58 PM    Msg. 15 of 22       
you might want the remove the apparent invincibility of the pelican, i was shooting snipers and missiles at the thing, it...didnt....DIE

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 11:52 PM    Msg. 16 of 22       
you might want the remove the apparent invincibility of the pelican, i was shooting snipers and missiles at the thing, it...didnt....DIE

Where would I be able to edit that?

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 12:37 AM    Msg. 17 of 22       
Big bug is happening.

OMG! lol
lololol

This is crazy!

The jets sink into the ground, or they go crazy!

Wtf is happening?lol

Dhark

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 12:55 AM    Msg. 18 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Officer egg

Where would I be able to edit that?

Killing a longsword is easy, were talking about the pelican and its magical reflecting armour, and keep in mind: im NOT a sniper, im close and a bit of medium, snipers = icky, never wanna use em unless its the ONLY way to kill someone, like say extinction where everyone is too far away / too armoured for anything else

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 01:11 AM    Msg. 19 of 22       
There is a bug on the map.

I'll post a topic on it.

Then, when it is fixed, the map will be ready to play on, at least this version.

I know it might need work. The big problem is lag.

Edited by Officer egg on Jul 6, 2008 at 01:18 AM

Dhark

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 02:09 AM    Msg. 20 of 22       
maybe you could change the feel of the map? like for example....from desert to ice? Just to give it that slightly different / newer feel; not sure about that idea thou

Dhark

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 12:55 PM    Msg. 21 of 22       
ive never actually felt lag in the extinction map, ever, those turrets have done nothing to lag me, only time i lag is when someone does the seraph glitch, i actually like those turrets, especially because they give a free kill lol

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 01:34 PM    Msg. 22 of 22       
Nevermind.

I am making a new thread.

Officially for this.

/thread.
Edited by Officer egg on Jul 7, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 27, 2020 4:19 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website