A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: [IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread (122 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Dhark

I believe in Dennis Powers

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 12:56 AM    Msg. 1 of 122       
Hi everyone, it has been a time since I made a WIP topic; last time being of the IG BFS. To make things easier on ourselves and even others, we have decided to make a single topic as other teams have done. In this topic we will be posting an occasional update regarding our workings.

Progress has been slow for a technically 2 man team, with a few extra people tagging along which has been part of our slow work.
However we have been working and researching for a long while and we have got a few interesting

things coming up; how soon though? That is a good question and I don't have a real answer for that, but rest assured WE will continue working hard to get them done.
Over a period of time we will tell you all the things we are working on, because throwing all the trinkets and stuff all in 1 go is very...anti climatic.

For those interested in knowing who is part of this team; here is the list:
Dhark
Biti - the Server
Musicman888
Maniac
Yakzsmelk

(OOOH YAY THIS IS TOPIC 7001!)

Dhark

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 01:07 AM    Msg. 2 of 122       
As for the first thing ill post here...
nothing special visually but for stunts or amusement, the 'Escape Grenade' is the best and it even syncs up most of the time (provided you dont do weird things and such). I'm surprised no one ever made something like this seeing as not only is it simple, but a great way to get around and have fun.
What is special about it: Apart from being able to get to virtually anywhere with these, you can also push enemies away to avoid a close quarters fight, or push allies to safer locations / make them go faster i.e. push the flag carrier in general direction of the capture point and can assist in avoiding harmful explosions or just allow you to get above an enemy, at the cost of some health.

Nothing so spectacular yet, tomorrow biti will post an update that should actually be TRUELY interesting and may make some people rather happy to see such an inclusion into CE; all i will say about it, is that if implemented into maps, the match should be a little more tricky, definitely more difficult but a whole lot more fun
Edited by Dhark on Jul 13, 2008 at 01:10 AM

Dhark

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 01:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 122       
i was referring to biti, i thought u left killer?

--EDIT--

For the sake of it, for people who like to see things, here is a weapon that will become the IG-Standard and as far as we are concerned, will replace the standard pistol and/or BR

Edited by Dhark on Jul 13, 2008 at 01:18 AM

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 03:17 AM    Msg. 4 of 122       
I don't see no guns.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 07:51 AM    Msg. 5 of 122       
looks like a type of railgun to me. and is the center grip thing supposed to be disconnected?

Dhark

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 12:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 122       
yea the grips supposed to be disconnected

ummm well the gun is about the same size as the H1 sniper so it probably isnt flimsy, can u be more specific?

Design isnt that bad hunter, the bullets are about the same size as pistol so they actually can fit; however it doesn't actually matter because the weapon uses 'phasic rounds' which I can explain later if you want. True it is quite boxy but I wanted to get the idea across that this toy has 2 'abilities':
1) it can compact and kinda fold in itself a little bit (for example the barrel can retract mostly into the gun
2) this is supposed to be a mass produced toy and appearances dont matter, it is a time of crisis and the faster the better. Although the point of this can probably be contested, saying that even mass produced, the molds could have the curved shapes.

But even so hunter, what do you suggest to make it less boxy?

Dhark

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 01:24 PM    Msg. 7 of 122       
hmmmm, i didnt quite like that in the first place, but ill give it a try and find something like that, that suits the gun. Ty

anyone else have suggestions?

corndogman939

Using the same avatar since 2007

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 01:42 PM    Msg. 8 of 122       
Try moving the mag up to just behind the barrel, and the handle closer to the back, but change the handles design a bit to be more comfortable to hold.

Dhark

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 02:16 PM    Msg. 9 of 122       
errr moving the mag is a...bad idea when i tried it a while ago, as for hand positions they actually arent that bad, ill see if i can pull it back but i dont think there will be enuf space for MC's hands

----

Basic things about the gametype:

Generally there will be 5 capture points, each having to be captured linearly, aka 01, 02, 03 and so on. However 5 is not the limit, just the number we prefer.

How to find a point: finding the CPs should be easy as we will leave around helpful indicators that point you to the CP, we may also implement nav points to the CPs to further assist.

How to cap a point: capturing a point is fairly easy, simply stand within the boundaries indicated by the CP for 10 seconds, you cannot leave the CP area within these 10 seconds; if a defender enters the capture area the countdown will pause until either the defender leaves the CP area or the Attacker leaves the CP area. Note: If the attacker leaves the area the countdown will be reset, thus you must stay for another 10 seconds.

The CP structure is fairly recognisable, capturing it is fairly easy too, the problem is how to get TO it without dying and/or being noticed.

ICEE

Hark!

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 12:36 AM    Msg. 10 of 122       
Ok, I played the path beta, and here is what I have to say about it.

Gameplay:

The teleporter-teleporter gameplay is flawed, and needs work. I realize now the purpose of the middle teleporter: to help prevent telecamping. But, The problem with this is that sometimes the player will land in the middle teleporter and not realize which direction he is going. I suggest giving the level a color set up which will help indicate which direction the players have to go.

Weaponry:

The weapons were set up like this:

Assault rifle: has 2 triggers. Primary is very rapid, powerful rounds but at very very inaccurate, and secondary is extremely accurate, but significantly lower ROF and impact damage than primary. I found primary to be completely useless, since the only other weapon was a shotgun.

Shotgun:... it was a shotgun

I would suggest remodeling, skinning and animating both of these weapons to show that they are not default weapons. Also, A newhud would be nice.

One great thing that came out of the beta, was this little image I got:

I shall cherish it always <3
Edited by iron clad on Jul 14, 2008 at 12:38 AM

Dhark

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 01:03 AM    Msg. 11 of 122       
aye very true, currently the gametype is the mere skeleton of what it will be, seeing that according to biti, its very time consuming to set up; so we just got it made just to work in a very simple map (yes theres alot of flaws with that map too; the gametype wasnt actually FOR this map, the map was also had too few rooms and i wouldve added more, but it was too late.)
Seeing as the map was rather fun however, i decided that it would be good to make it a proper map was well, with more rooms, side paths and many other things to help gameplay.

However this gametype is truely for the map we will be releasing in a while called IG-Tower, it will implement this gametype, unfortunately this map may not be appropiate for the standard halo gametypes, it should be fun all the same.

--EDIT--
For those that want to have a look at the map, feel free to by downloading here:
http://www.intergalactic-morons.fumbari.com/downloads/ig-poc_path.rar
Feel free to share it with anyone else too :D

As for animating Ironclad, i cant do that xD
Edited by Dhark on Jul 14, 2008 at 01:05 AM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 01:56 AM    Msg. 12 of 122       
Yeah the tests were fun.. I can't wait to see this used in a larger scale, epic motion;)

Dhark

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 11:42 AM    Msg. 13 of 122       
aye thanks for your positive comments; do not worry it definitely will be refined, fixed and definitely put into a better level

----

Small repost from the WIP topic, here's the IG artillery. I know its boxy but I actually like it like that, any suggestions on improving it?

If you got suggestions fire away

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 11:49 AM    Msg. 14 of 122       
My suggestion: Give it an interior. Like it's a mobile command post that could be used to coordinate Artillery strikes and such(I'm a RPer don't forget:P). If it's a vehicle, then it should be able to house several passengers but I guess using what others found recently to allow people to walk in even if it moves...would be neat.

If it's artillery, I guess it needs to have a big firing arc but not too much accuracy. Just enough so that you can block certain areas from acces of the other team(discouraging them, since they prolly could not survive crossing the kill zone).

Other than that, it's really good and no it's not ''Boxy'', it's ''Human''

Edited by OpsY on Jul 14, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Dhark

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 02:14 PM    Msg. 15 of 122       
ah yes hunter i know its square; but according to starcraft and the terran siege tank; nobody cares that its barrel was rectangular (and it was! dont deny it!) lol

And opsy we think alike, most of what u said in that post is already in.
This thing is a multi purpose vehicle; its an APC/bunker, Artillery, mini anti air platform and small communications post.

The thing currently has...most of the interior done but needs to be improved; what you highlighted in your edited picture is indeed 'windows'; well really they are pillboxes, people stand there and are free to shoot anything outside while hopefully still allowing the ability to crouch to avoid enemies firing inside.
The thing has plenty of seats, some useful others....not lol. It will be a great vehicle and will be able to travel reasonably fast for its size and should be fun for RPing should you wish it.

As for moving inside it while its moving, we could do that as weve already done it before, but it really isnt appropiate for this vehicle but also think about it this way: This is an artillery unit, alot of the time it wont be moving, itll just sit in a nice area and bombard anyone foolish enough to get within range.

The thing is going to fire custom shells that have a considerable explosion radius and potentially deadly damage. The projectile will be relatively slow and even more so for the map it will be placed in (it will be quite large)

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 02:21 PM    Msg. 16 of 122       
i think the base of the barrel is a bit too lumpy. It should be more plain, especially since that is the style of the rest of the vehicle.

Dhark

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 02:39 PM    Msg. 17 of 122       
it kinda needs to be like that to help the turret get a bit of height to help it aim higher, the base of the turret will also lift to to further assist it, but the turret seems to have troubles going higher than 30-50 degrees atm, the back of the turret likes to....crash into the vehicle xD

Dhark

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 10:54 PM    Msg. 18 of 122       
Hi everyone; the first real assault map will be out soon, again it features 2 way assault with 7 CPs, plenty of barricades to hide behind and multiple paths to reach your destinations.

Heres the layout; weapons / ammo wont be found in the game itself; this helps to prevent camping in a way. The only way to get ammo is to respawn.

EDIT: Blue represents pits in which you will die if you are unfortunate enough to fall into one.
The circles with 6 protrusions are CPs while the square things are the barricades that should be in the map (their locations may change)
Edited by Dhark on Jul 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 11:40 PM    Msg. 19 of 122       
As I said, it should be made easier to notice Where pits are sometimes you're walking and end up falling... either a clearer texture or some kind of small barricade... I died like 40 times last game due to this:(

Dhark

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 12:34 AM    Msg. 20 of 122       
thanks for ur kind words on the artillery lol
right; if you have played TF2 then think of this as a CP match
If you have played BF2 / BF2142 then think of this as a conquest match
For those that have played UT2004 then this is an assault match

As 1 way assault works: 1 team defends and the others attack (when its game over, the teams switch roles [fortunately this is all automated]) For the purposes of explanation, red team is the attacker while blue team defends.
red team must do certain things such as sneak or attack front to advance into blue's territory; in which red team must arrive to a CP (control point, look up a few posts to see an image of it) and stay on it for 10 seconds; if blue team also steps on it, the countdown will pause. After 10 seconds the point will then go from blue to red, signifying its capture.
Once you have captured a point, new weapons and closer spawn points will be available to the red team while blue team is forced back to the next point. Blue cannot recapture lost points.

As for 2 way assault: Almost the same 1 way, except the weapons stay the same throughout the match and both teams can capture / recapture points.

NOTE: You cant go around a point and capture the one before it; you must capture points in a linear fashion.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 03:40 PM    Msg. 21 of 122       
wait so, you got UT2k4 style assault working in CE? how did you make that work?

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 04:43 PM    Msg. 22 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
wait so, you got UT2k4 style assault working in CE? how did you make that work?

Scripting, mostly. Halo scripting is the most under used feature ever. you can do anything you want with that... and Dhark has his own scripting god, biti:p

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 03:39 AM    Msg. 23 of 122       
I love the control point model by the way it's epic:p

Dhark

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 03:44 PM    Msg. 24 of 122       
yea, the cp was edited a little bit to make it more appropiate for gameplay, it also lacks a texture but thats alright

HaloSlayer

Used to be my H3 Emblem

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 05:22 PM    Msg. 25 of 122       
And I though [Beach Party] was a funny name. Intergalactic Morons just takes the biscuit

[Beach party] sounds even funnier when you find out that the founders were on Sidewinder when they made the clan.

So what kinda stuff do you guys hope to produce?

Dhark

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 11:52 PM    Msg. 26 of 122       
we focus on more original themes / things that havent been done or have been insufficiently developed; as our name suggests we also make strange maps and weapons; like that IG-WYS_Beta map on halomaps

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 12:00 AM    Msg. 27 of 122       
Yeah they tend to make non Halo stuff>_<

Edit: yay first post of the day>_>
Edited by OpsY on Jul 30, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Dhark

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 10:32 PM    Msg. 28 of 122       
well we do make a few halo things too, we just try to not follow the whole halo stoyline and what not

Also about the artillery: what if i added the function to allow people to get a more accurate method to s hoot people? how? simple: (forgive spelling, im using a laptop in which i am not as familiar with the button placements)

I would replace the secondary anti air turret with a lazer pointer of such that shows the trajectory of the shell from point a to b; this would remove the problem of having people to almost randomly guesstimate their projectiles, does anyone see the value of this? or do you see the value of an anti air turret more?

Dhark

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 12:49 AM    Msg. 29 of 122       
awwww i love u too xD

So yes, who can see what is special with the video biti just linked here?

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 01:33 AM    Msg. 30 of 122       
New Physics hack>_> hehe

Dhark

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 06:54 PM    Msg. 31 of 122       
lol, i wouldn't necessarily call them hacks

http://www.intergalactic-morons.fumbari.com/videos/physics-vehi.wmv

If you couldn't tell what was special about the last video, what about this 1?

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 06:55 PM    Msg. 32 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dhark
lol, i wouldn't necessarily call them hacks

http://www.intergalactic-morons.fumbari.com/videos/physics-vehi.wmv

If you couldn't tell what was special about the last video, what about this 1?

The Ghost doesn't turn when you look.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 07:01 PM    Msg. 33 of 122       
Max speed wet to 0

Dhark

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 07:08 PM    Msg. 34 of 122       
not quite opsy, its more complicated then that lol

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 03:00 AM    Msg. 35 of 122       
Friction to 0? Both would do same:)

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri January 17, 2020 9:58 PM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website