A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread

Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread (122 messages, Page 2 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Dhark

I believe in Dennis Powers

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 03:35 AM    Msg. 36 of 122       
again not exactly, plus the way u said it makes it seem that we actually changed the vehicle tag to do what it is doing; however the maps were not edited in ANY way to achieve these things, so what have we done then? xD

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:18 PM    Msg. 37 of 122       
Eh just spoil it. I guess it's script based since it's host only and uses some functions people should be using more. I'm coming back home tonight by the way...

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:24 PM    Msg. 38 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Eh just spoil it. I guess it's script based since it's host only and uses some functions people should be using more. I'm coming back home tonight by the way...

He said he didn't edit the maps in any way. Compiling a script is still editing the map, so it can't be that. I'm pretty sure that he found some values in the memory and edited them using Tsearch or something similar to it.

Edit: Either that or he used devmode. Although I don't know any function that can freeze vehicles that don't use "human plane" physics...
Edited by Me KS on Aug 24, 2008 at 12:26 PM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:26 PM    Msg. 39 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: Me KS

He said he didn't edit the maps in any way. Compiling a script is still editing the map, so it can't be that. I'm pretty sure that he found some values in the memory and edited them using Tsearch or something similar to it.

No it's not. Technically Cheat_all_vehicles from the in game console interface Is a script. A coded program that would input more complicated scripts such as detecting a player's number, setting it's max speed or even nulling is Forward/Backward keys can all be achieved while in game. For the average user they're hard to use in real time but they're using a software So that becomes easy and doable if you know what button to press.

Me KS

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:35 PM    Msg. 40 of 122       
No it's not. Technically Cheat_all_vehicles from the in game console interface Is a script. A coded program that would input more complicated scripts such as detecting a player's number, setting it's max speed or even nulling is Forward/Backward keys can all be achieved while in game. For the average user they're hard to use in real time but they're using a software So that becomes easy and doable if you know what button to press.

I know, I forgot about devmode commands when I posted that, so I edited it before you posted. And Tsearch essentially does what you're saying, it searches through the memory for values and is able to edit the memory, which gives a lot of possibilities, such as editing the player speed, like you said.

I've had experience with memory editing myself. I know the addresses for player speed (synchronized and for each player), score, kills, deaths, and ping (just the number displayed, not actual latency), and Team index, and have edited them all. By far the most fun ones to edit are team index and player speed.

I often host games where I switch one of the enemies to my team with friendly fire on, and since it doesn't sync, they still shoot at me and end up betraying me every time. It's hilarious.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:39 PM    Msg. 41 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: Me KS

I know, I forgot about devmode commands when I posted that, so I edited it before you posted. And Tsearch essentially does what you're saying, it searches through the memory for values and is able to edit the memory, which gives a lot of possibilities, such as editing the player speed, like you said.

I've had experience with memory editing myself. I know the addresses for player speed (synchronized and for each player), score, kills, deaths, and ping (just the number displayed, not actual latency), and Team index, and have edited them all. By far the most fun ones to edit are team index and player speed.

I often host games where I switch one of the enemies to my team with friendly fire on, and since it doesn't sync, they still shoot at me and end up betraying me every time. It's hilarious.

Good to win a game. Anyway I was in a game with Biti and Dhark and through devmode(I think it was) they changed player speed and keyboard input so who knows.

Me KS

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:45 PM    Msg. 42 of 122       
Good to win a game. Anyway I was in a game with Biti and Dhark and through devmode(I think it was) they changed player speed and keyboard input so who knows.

I've heard that there are devmode commands that aren't listed in the giant list that appears if you hit "Tab" in the console. I personally don't know any, and I'm wondering if they know a few of those and how they figured them out.

Because, I'm positive that there is no command in that list that can change player speed.
Edited by Me KS on Aug 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:51 PM    Msg. 43 of 122       
I can haz updated pics? :D

cowish6676

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 03:25 AM    Msg. 44 of 122       
Kick ass, I love scriptors for a reason.

Dhark

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 05:44 PM    Msg. 45 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: IGM_theServer

SHUR! Here ya go!

The above picture shows scaling of a vehicle

Here's a picture of the application. I shall explain.

In this application (which we are calling aRCANe), you can edit the values shown. Most of these values are player-based, which means that you press up or down on the control aligned with the label "Name" and edit that player's values. Some of these values have a "freeze" check box next to them, which allows you to lock that specific value at that value. Here are some other notes:

User Rotation
The rotation of the current user (not the selected player). P = Pitch, Y = Yaw. These are calculated in degrees, but converted from radians.

Health and Shields
Relatively obvious, but H = Health, Y = Shields. Freeze both at 99999 to ensure that the selected player NEVER dies except from terminal velocity and assassination kills (vehicles / sticks will not kill).

Scale
This does not necessarily refer to the player's current scale, but also the vehicle of the current user. P = player, V = vehicle. The vehicle scale will only be allowed to be changed while a player is in a vehicle, but that vehicle's scale will remain at that value even when the player exits the vehicle.

Just one thing to note about this is that, if you freeze the Z location, you should also freeze Z velocity, otherwise you'll die from terminal velocity. This works while the player is in a vehicle (PROPERLY).

Velocity
Not much to talk about here. The most fun comes out of getting a vehicle, freezing the Z velocity, then changing it to 0.05 to 0.01 and watching yourself fly.

Teleport To Player
You'll notice a button next to Location. This is the "Teleport" button. Press it (or press TAB ingame -- this will be changed to something less annoying) to have the currently selected player teleport just above the specified player in the control next to this button. The name of the player to teleport TO will be inserted in the button control (although it seems a bit buggy at the moment). This also works while either player is in a vehicle.

Further notes on Freezing
Going on a freezing frenzy is fun! Let's say you wanted to freeze Player 1's Z location, but at the same time freeze Player 2's Z velocity (very funny to watch). Do not worry! Frozen values will remain frozen even while a new player is selected.
Edited by IGM_theServer on Aug 24, 2008 at 08:27 PM

we also plan to add a whole bunch of other options if they are applicable

interestingly enough, with this tool you could make an interesting stunt server or zombie server, considering that you can change the speed as well as force players into changing teams and that you can change HP + Shields (say from 75 to 125), it can make for interesting gameplay, we tried it out ourselves and it was rather fun.
There's also the option to make default settings for a team as well, for example, if your on blue team, you would run at 1.25 while red stayed running at 1.0

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 05:44 PM    Msg. 46 of 122       
That scaling job is badass.

Dhark

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:49 PM    Msg. 47 of 122       
oh btw, did i mention we got multi team vehicles working? (as in no map customisations, for any map)

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:51 PM    Msg. 48 of 122       
Yeah you did. Great job Biti:D

makes me want to play kingkong on hugeass. one player has 500 times regular health and size with some good weapons while the others take up longswords and such to fight the beast^_^
Edited by OpsY on Aug 26, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Dhark

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 02:51 AM    Msg. 49 of 122       
is there no one who questions this? is there none who dare say 'pics of gtfo'? is there any non believers?? are you all going to take this merely because i say it is so? :O

--YAY 1000 views xD--
Edited by Dhark on Aug 26, 2008 at 04:31 AM

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 07:14 AM    Msg. 50 of 122       
do u guys think u can get bloom working for 1.08 without the version changer?

Dhark

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 06:58 PM    Msg. 51 of 122       
version changer??? well in that screenshot, biti is using 1.08 with bloom, so it should be working;
but yea Multi Team Vehicles rock, they are very fun ^^

kai5888

Start the revolution

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 07:21 PM    Msg. 52 of 122       
THAT PROGRAM LOOKS FUN!....
XD...

just wondering... can i download it and if so where?

musicman888

"Blade be true this day."

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 07:49 PM    Msg. 53 of 122       
I regret to inform you kai5888 that the aforementioned application is not available for download at this time. It is still in development. Thank you for your interest in it though.

kai5888

Start the revolution

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 07:52 PM    Msg. 54 of 122       
hmmm.... looks good... i still wonder how you can refer to players as units or specified objects ingame... heh then just by using alldev i could have fun making my enimies gaint on coldsnap or w/e

i like the looks of the program... i want to get it when it comes out

Me KS

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 09:16 PM    Msg. 55 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: kai5888
hmmm.... looks good... i still wonder how you can refer to players as units or specified objects ingame... heh then just by using alldev i could have fun making my enimies gaint on coldsnap or w/e

i like the looks of the program... i want to get it when it comes out

Refer to player as a unit - (unit (list_get (players) #))
Refer to player as an object - (list_get (players) #)

The "#" is a number between 0-15 for the player you want. You get that number from the sv_players list, but not the number on the left. It's from the list, but the counting starts at 0 and at the bottom of the list. So assume the player list looked like this:

1 bob - 3
2 a frisbee - 2
3 20 microwaves - 1
4 aliens - 0

The numbers on the right show how you count the list to get "#".

kai5888

Start the revolution

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 09:21 PM    Msg. 56 of 122       
hmmm... i can't execute that command in alldev

Me KS

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 09:39 PM    Msg. 57 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: kai5888
hmmm... i can't execute that command in alldev

You use those as arguments, not on their own. They're just references. As in:

For this command:
unit_impervious

Use this:
unit_impervious (unit (list_get (players) 4)) 1

That would make player "4" immune to forces from damage_effects, i.e. if a nuke hits him, he won't move at all (but he'll still die if he's not invincible, his body will just drop without moving).

Dhark

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:09 PM    Msg. 58 of 122       
yea, except this tool doesn't use dev, it's alot more direct and more purposeful than that...

Me KS

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:27 PM    Msg. 59 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dhark
yea, except this tool doesn't use dev, it's alot more direct and more purposeful than that...

I was only helping kai5888. He wanted to know how to refer to players as a unit or an object.

Dhark

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:30 PM    Msg. 60 of 122       
yea i understood, I was just clarifying should anyone not understand what aRCANe does exactly, dont worry xP

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 12:29 AM    Msg. 61 of 122       
Pics or it didn't happen. Oh wait, that's a video. Great!

Dhark

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 07:07 PM    Msg. 62 of 122       
we just made our topic of modacity.net
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=295203#post295203

If your interested

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:15 AM    Msg. 63 of 122       
We had some testing yesterday, can't wait for more.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 01:44 PM    Msg. 64 of 122       
http://www.intergalactic-morons.fumbari.com/videos/aRCANe-Multi-Team-Vehicles.wmv
A video of multi-team vehicles in progress. It syncs and does not require any modification to the map.IG does not take credit for the content of the map.

Do it on a normal bloodgulch. As in, I want to see you in the menu selecting Bloodgulch.

This could be a map using an attached Warthog script.

_TheArbiter_

"stupidity is an epidemic " - Donut

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 02:43 PM    Msg. 65 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
http://www.intergalactic-morons.fumbari.com/videos/aRCANe-Multi-Team-Vehicles.wmv
A video of multi-team vehicles in progress. It syncs and does not require any modification to the map.IG does not take credit for the content of the map.

Do it on a normal bloodgulch. As in, I want to see you in the menu selecting Bloodgulch.

SnowGrove is protected, BG is not.

HDoan

"'Tis only happens to them Asians" - ODX 2008

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 03:07 PM    Msg. 66 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot

Trust me it does work, that test was sweet

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 05:57 PM    Msg. 67 of 122       
It worked for me when I tested, but what I don't like is how it says your friends are enemies. That would get annoying.

I think I was betraying you josh xD

Dhark

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:50 PM    Msg. 68 of 122       
Quote: --- Original message by: H4Z4RD
It worked for me when I tested, but what I don't like is how it says your friends are enemies. That would get annoying.

I think I was betraying you josh xD

yea, dont worry we are working on that

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:52 PM    Msg. 69 of 122       
Cool, it worked good.

I think I remember biti saying it was for aimbotting or something. am I right?

Dhark

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 02:59 AM    Msg. 70 of 122       
its an early attempt to nullify triggerbot and/or aimbot, im not well informed of that part but i wouldn't worry too much about it

Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue February 18, 2020 7:34 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website