A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Please help me!! Please Im New!!

Author Topic: Please help me!! Please Im New!! (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MickGrif

ds

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 10:05 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       
Ok I have downloaded 3ds max 9,8,7 and I still cant get the blitzkrieg plugin to work. I'v gotton the newer one (the one for 3ds max 6 and upwards). Can someone please help me I using 3ds max 7 now so waht do I do the tut is not great in explaining it. I have put the 4 .dll into the plugins folder but i still get the same error message about it failed to start or something like that. I have tried putting it in stdplugins and system 32 folder still does not work :(
Please can someone help me before I go mad
Please!!!!

Vick Jr

Well enough alone...

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 12:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
the blitzkrieg only wors for version 5 i think. But don't worry. Go http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/jms/]here</a>, click on download the script now, copy all that stuff, go to whatever 3ds max version you like best, on the top go to maxscrips, make a new script, past all that code in there, save it as bluestreak JMS exporter or whatever you like, and then to export a map to JMS format all you need to do it go to maxscrips>runscript>bluestreak jms exporter. Click export, then choose where to export it to.

Wow that's a long sentence.

Also, I assume you have the trial versions of all those (If you don't where did you get them?). If you haven't run them, don't because once the 30 day trial is over, you wont be able to re download it or use it. but it wont start until you first run the program.
Edited by Vick Jr on Jul 19, 2008 at 01:03 PM

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 03:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Did you put the 4 dlls in your system32 folder?

MickGrif

ds

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 06:26 AM    Msg. 4 of 16       
Not at first i followed thr tut and put them in the plugins, that did not work so i put them in stdplugins no good, i then read somewhere that if you put them in system32 it will work... it didnt :(

but I got the bluestreak working (thanks vick jr) now I just need to get tool working, iv downloaded a tut for it so it should not be to bad

God making your own maps is really really hard lol

Vick Jr

Well enough alone...

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 09:45 AM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Tell me about it. And don't think tool is easy. it's not. I think it's the hardest part. It will have problems with EVERYTHING. Makeing a working scenario out of a JMS file for even a small map is an accomplishment.

MickGrif

ds

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 11:55 AM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Yeah great Im having hugh problems with 3ds max ITS SO BLOODY HARD.
trying to learn how to make a map is impossible, I cant even follow the tut
is there any other program apart from max or gmax to make maps??

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 05:56 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
There are, but you would have to revert to gmax or 3ds to export it. Waste of time really. Use 3ds, download a good video tutorial, make the EXACT map they make, and follow everything exactly.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 06:29 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Not_the_red_button
Quote: --- Original message by: MickGrif
Not at first i followed thr tut and put them in the plugins, that did not work so i put them in stdplugins no good, i then read somewhere that if you put them in system32 it will work... it didnt :(

but I got the bluestreak working (thanks vick jr) now I just need to get tool working, iv downloaded a tut for it so it should not be to bad

no, put the 4 .dll in your system32 folder THEN put the blitzkrieg .dle in your plugins folder

then restart your computer and it should work

Exactly what to do. And don't worry about not following the tutorial at first, you'll get used to the program after using it a bit more..

MickGrif

ds

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 05:17 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Not_the_red_button

no, put the 4 .dll in your system32 folder THEN put the blitzkrieg .dle in your plugins folder

then restart your computer and it should work

tried that it says first "do you want to replace file" I click yes
"it says this file is curently in use lease close all programs... blah blah"
Edited by MickGrif on Jul 23, 2008 at 05:18 PM

Vick Jr

Well enough alone...

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 05:58 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
close 3ds max, open the system 32 folder they sayd, it'l have TONS of ddl or dll in it (forget which), and if you are missing any of those 4 things in the blitzkrieg folder, put them in it. Make sure you have all them. An easy way is to copy and past each one, if it pasts then you didn't have it before, if it asks if you want to replace a file already there, you could, or you could just let it be. Shouldn't metter, they're the same thing. Then shut down and restart and open 3ds 5 (should have blitzkrieg in the plugins folder, not sdplugins or anything), and it should work. Blitzkrieg wont work with 3ds max 6 or higher I think (not sure. I know it doesn't work with 8 or 7).

But if you want the "advanced features" in 3ds max 8, then you don't need to use blitzkrieg. You can use bluestreak.
http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/jms/
(Search bluestreak in the forums or msg me on how to get bluestreak running. it does the same hting as blitzkrieg except for higher versions of 3ds max.)

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 02:09 AM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vick Jr
close 3ds max, open the system 32 folder they sayd, it'l have TONS of ddl or dll in it (forget which), and if you are missing any of those 4 things in the blitzkrieg folder, put them in it. Make sure you have all them. An easy way is to copy and past each one, if it pasts then you didn't have it before, if it asks if you want to replace a file already there, you could, or you could just let it be. Shouldn't metter, they're the same thing. Then shut down and restart and open 3ds 5 (should have blitzkrieg in the plugins folder, not sdplugins or anything), and it should work. Blitzkrieg wont work with 3ds max 6 or higher I think (not sure. I know it doesn't work with 8 or 7).

But if you want the "advanced features" in 3ds max 8, then you don't need to use blitzkrieg. You can use bluestreak.
http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/jms/
(Search bluestreak in the forums or msg me on how to get bluestreak running. it does the same hting as blitzkrieg except for higher versions of 3ds max.)

S'matter of fact, there's actually a updated blitzkrieg plugin for 3ds 6, 7, 8. It's on the site, but my internet usage ran out so I can't be bothered to find it now =D

Just search blitzkrieg.

catlord_11

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 06:19 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
I cant get mine to work either its really annoying because ive seen screenshots of it and i really want to use it. To open it do you use the Dle file

goyanks135

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 07:48 PM    Msg. 13 of 16       
Put the blitzkrieg.dle in your plugins folder. Then put the 4 .dlls in to the same folder of your max.exe.

catlord_11

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 12:17 AM    Msg. 14 of 16       
then wat do i open max5 with

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 12:28 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: DDT_Ghost
Ok I have downloaded 3ds max 9,8,7

I wouldn't shout that out loud...

There's something called "Downloading trials"... Especially since there's a link to the trial of all 3 of those.

MickGrif

ds

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 01:25 PM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote: --- Original message by: DDT_Ghost
Ok I have downloaded 3ds max 9,8,7

I wouldn't shout that out loud...

There's something called "Downloading trials"... Especially since there's a link to the trial of all 3 of those.

Exactly. Also why was this topic bumped from July 2008? I would'nt even know except I forgot to unsubscribe from it when I left

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 10:10 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website