A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Did getting halo 2 to run on xp suddenly become illegal?

Author Topic: Did getting halo 2 to run on xp suddenly become illegal? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

someone not important

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 06:27 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
It seems like all the threads about it are getting locked, and dennis got involved in a few posting that it was illegal I think.

iizahsum

Lacks enthusiasm

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 09:39 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
it has always been illegal the guy makes these game conversions or "cracks" has been to jail once and i belevie is still on house arrest because this is illigal to do and the when you download these things your affiliating with someone and something that is illigal therefor you have also broken the law and can be fined if caught for thousands of dollars by the game makers.

they take this very seriously

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 03:21 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Something about this doesn't seem right to me at all, if you buy the OS and you buy the Game and can make it run on the OS you want I don't really understand how that is illegal.

Dragonmaster91

"Q, what nonsense is this?!"

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 03:29 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
the reason it is required for vista is because it requires dx10 to be played, if you use xp's dx9, the graphics wont be good at all, and it will skip everywhere. I don't think bungie wanted you to buy a game they knew won't work for your computer...

I think that is why.

and capt. picard does not talk about illegal things, should that person see this, capt. picard is awesome, you have a eye for greatness.
Edited by Dragonmaster91 on Aug 25, 2008 at 03:30 PM

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 05:06 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rooster
but, if u BOUGHT the game, which i did (it came wth my graphics card), using an XP crack isnt illigal... right?

I honestly cannot conceive why it would be illegal to use on any OS you want as long as you paid.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 05:41 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rooster
but, if u BOUGHT the game, which i did (it came wth my graphics card), using an XP crack isnt illigal... right?

No, it is not.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 10:42 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Running Halo 2 Vista on XP is not "illegal" since copyright laws are not criminal statues but civil ones. However, since most of you won't understand it I will not bother to explain.

The reason the threads about running it are locked is because there is no support for using the hacks or emulators for running the game on XP. None of the emulators are supported by their creators, none allow for playing on line or connecting to Windows Live for updates, and most don't work after the game is manually updated. So far every emulator package submitted for hosting here, which we would not host in any case, has shown positive for virus infection and been quarantined on our anti-virus server.

We will not disseminate information we know is incorrect or can cause harm to people’s PC. Therefore if you want to run Halo 2 Vista on XP you are on your own and cannot find any help here in this forum.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri August 17, 2018 3:19 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website