A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Custom Edition V1.08 Update Released

Author Topic: Halo Custom Edition V1.08 Update Released (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 11:44 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       
Halo Custom Edition V1.08 Update Released

Bungie has released a final update patch for the server crashing issues and buffer overrun attacks that has plagued earlier versions of the game. In addition to correcting the security issues this patch also removes the requirement to have the Halo PC CDROM inserted into your machine in order to play. The update is NOT backward compatible with other versions, meaning that the client and server MUST be running the same version in order to play. You still are required to own a copy of the Halo PC game and have a valid Product key to play the game. This patch will be made mandatory as an auto-update sometime on Aug 8-2008. You may down load the update from The file archive. Also released is a Halo CE Dedicated server update for those people who have installed the server separately from the client. It is available here. - [Posted: Aug-07-2008 11:20 EST - (Link)]
http://hce.halomaps.org/?nid=418

Halo Custom Edition V1.08 Patch update
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3945

Halo CE Dedicated Server update version 1.08
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3946

Dennis

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 08:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jax_Dragon
When the update downloaded and installed, and I restarted, I cant open halo. It says it cant find a DLL.
Which one? Halo PC or Halo CE? Which DLL is missing? You have not supplied enough information for anyone to help.
Edited by Dennis on Aug 7, 2008 at 08:59 PM

Dennis

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 09:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: BLOODLUST
when I try downloading the update from this site it gives me a little pop-up that says "550 CWD failed. No permission"

Common Problems Downloading Files
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=320

Item 2 or Item 4

Quote: --- Original message by: Jax_Dragon
Halo CE.

Error message: This application has failed to start because blinkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem.
Somehow you deleted the blinkw32.dll file. Check your trashcan ot see if it is there and if it is restore it. The patch doesn't even touch that file. If it is not in your trash/deleted folder then move your custom maps to another folder to prevent them from being deleted then Un-install Halo CE and re-install. Then before you run the game install the V108 update.

The only files the patch touches are:
haloce.exe
haloceded.exe
strings.dll

Programs

Halo Custom Edition Game - required
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=410

Halo Custom Edition V1.08.616 Patch update - required
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3945
Edited by Dennis on Aug 7, 2008 at 09:09 PM

Dennis

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 02:52 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
ok so now heres my problem the haloce patch dowloads now however, when i double click on the .exe icon in the extracted folder it says halo is not installed on my computer. do i need to remove halo and haloce from my computer then install them agian? will that fix it? or is there something else i can do to fix this problem?
Did you extract the patch from the Zip archive and place it on your desktop before clicking on it? What operating system are you running? What drive is Halo CE installed on?

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 09:22 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
ok so now heres my problem the haloce patch dowloads now however, when i double click on the .exe icon in the extracted folder it says halo is not installed on my computer. do i need to remove halo and haloce from my computer then install them agian? will that fix it? or is there something else i can do to fix this problem?

You should try running the "haloupdate.exe" in your Halo CE root folder. It automatically downloads and installs the update for both the client and the dedicated server, and it might solve the problem that you're having.

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 12:55 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: FLA Spartan 117
I just noticed that the new auto update makes it so that when you use the Halo CE third person program halo crashes.

Same thing has happened to me with Windows Vista. Starting up devcam crashes CE with all maps now, with a dreaded "Gathering Exceptions". Works fine with just HALO after update, but not with CE.

Also, I never touched the Binkw32.dll file for CE, but when I completed the update, it said that it couldn't find it. Had to copy it from another computer that updated without a problem that has Windows 2000. Don't want to have to reinstall CE with all the trouble it took getting it to finally work with Vista, and have to move all my new tags and everything else.

Is there something that needs to be tweaked in the registry that is related to the missing Binkw32.dll? Maybe that is what is causing the problem with the Devcam.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 06:10 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
it jsut gives me a pop up saying that halo cannot connect to the server. I dont know why it is doing this
The Windows firewall is blocking the ports.

madkiller92

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 08:40 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Dennis, does your site have ANY FOV hacks that work with the new patch? On my wide screen, the FOV is quite a bit smaller, and I don't like having to play at 1280x1024.

The Arbiter72a

non facete nobis calcitrare vestrum perinæum

Posted: Aug 10, 2008 11:15 AM    Msg. 9 of 16       
hey do any of u use FOV utillities?
I do, and since the update, none of them work

Do any of u know a site where i can DL a FOV that works with the update?

madkiller92

Posted: Aug 10, 2008 01:33 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Arbiter72a
hey do any of u use FOV utillities?
I do, and since the update, none of them work

Do any of u know a site where i can DL a FOV that works with the update?

There isn't one that works with halo:custom edition, but bitterbanana and Dave's works with normal halo.
And if you use wide screen, the only way to get the normal FOV is to play on 1280x1024.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 10, 2008 08:33 PM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mobius
do we need a disk now?
mines iffy so...
Re-read the very first post. The answer is contained within.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 04:05 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mobius
darn thats ghey
What does this reply mean?

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 05:13 PM    Msg. 13 of 16       
ghey

Originally gaming slang. Possibly invented in order to bypass profanity filters in chat rooms or messageboards or to claim it is not targeting gay people.

Adjective

(Internet, slang, pejorative) An alternate spelling of gay meaning ineffectual, unsatisfying, unfulfilling, stupid, untalented, and so on. Equivalent to the slang meaning of lame.
-Wiktionary
Edited by Scorpio on Aug 11, 2008 at 05:14 PM

Dennis

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 08:36 PM    Msg. 14 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scorpio
ghey

Originally gaming slang. Possibly invented in order to bypass profanity filters in chat rooms or messageboards or to claim it is not targeting gay people.

Adjective

(Internet, slang, pejorative) An alternate spelling of gay meaning ineffectual, unsatisfying, unfulfilling, stupid, untalented, and so on. Equivalent to the slang meaning of lame.
-Wiktionary
So if an unsophisticated adolescent, uncertain of or not understanding his sexuality, doesn’t understand something someone writes he externalizes and calls it “ghey”. OK now I understand.

zsdg06

Steam - zsdg07 | Xfire - zsdg06

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 02:45 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
anyone who is having problems with updating... for me, launching haloupdate.exe manually and downloading the update from the website didn't work. I launched the game and let it auto-update and now it works fine, so that might fix your problems.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 08:42 PM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Scorpio
ghey

Adjective

-Wiktionary
So if an unsophisticated adolescent, uncertain of or not understanding his sexuality, doesn’t understand something someone writes he externalizes and calls it “ghey”. OK now I understand.

Pretty much.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 24, 2019 3:08 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website