A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Custom vehicles don't get exported by tool.exe ?!?! HELP PLZ!

Author Topic: Custom vehicles don't get exported by tool.exe ?!?! HELP PLZ! (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Darkjak

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 04:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hi!
I am working on a new map, and I have to admit, I just started making maps for Halo CE, and that would be my second. Now I want to add custom vehicles to my maps. I had made step for step correctly (I hope so... ), I had made a map, exported into an jms-file, compiled it, and set everything up correctly. Now I wanted to add vehicles to my map, of course. I added some normal vehicles like a ghost and a banshee, but custom vehicles, too. Everything worked fine, every custom vehicle showed up in the map (with the correct physics and shaders, so the vehicles were displayed correctly). So I saved everything in the correct hierarchy, and I compiled it.
But when I tested the map, only the normal vehicles like the ghost and the banshee showed up, but the custom vehicles weren't there. Then I looked into the debug.txt and then I noticed, the vehicle tag size was too small. Normally the vehicle tags should take ~20 MB, because I added a lot of custom vehicles, but in fact it had the size of the "official" vehicles only (~5 MB, banshee and ghost). So I searched a little in the internet, and there they said, I have to define them in the globals.globals. I tried this, resetted all the vehicles and compiled it again, but when I tested it, it had the same, annoying result. Then I tried to replace the "official" banshee tag with the "pimped" tag from the internet. That didn't work either. So, what had I done wrong?!? I hope, you can help me... . Is there anything I didn't try?
Thx!!!
Regards, Jak

P.S. If I described it not detailed enought, I am sorry. It's not so easy, because english is not my native language, so don't be so critical, if I make mistakes...

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 02:40 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Look on Halomaps for EHSv2 (easy Halo Scripter, made by Halo Guru), look in the tutorials section for adding more then 6 vehicles. Follow the tutorial, and make the script that is needed for the tutorial.

Darkjak

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 08:25 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Thank you for the fast reply, I'll try it!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 18, 2019 4:30 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website