A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Press Q to cloak, heal, overshield, etc. How to do it

Author Topic: Press Q to cloak, heal, overshield, etc. How to do it (25 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dark Ninja

The internet shows how stupid people are.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 01:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 25       
I was messing around while making maps, and figured out how to create an Arbiter style cloak-kinda. Before I go into it, I did search, and I haven't seen any topics about this. This only works for singleplayer maps. You place a health pack, cloak, etc. and give it a name. Check "not placed automatically". Then you script.

(script startup Cloak
(begin
(sleep_until (= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (unit (list_get (players) 0))) true))
(object_create cloak)
(objects_attach (unit (list_get (players) 0)) "" cloak "")
(objects_detach (unit (list_get (players) 0)) cloak)
(sleep 1650)
(sleep_until (= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (unit (list_get (players) 0))) false))
(sleep_until (= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (unit (list_get (players) 0))) true))
(object_create cloak)
(sleep 1650)
)
)

With this you cloak, and then wait, I think 10 seconds before using it again. And it only works twice, to make it continuous, make it a script continuous. You can also use the flashlight thing for other purposes, like meleeing if you're a hunter, spawning AI for backup, telling AI to advance with their command list, etc.

Here's one for melee with a hunter

(script continuous Melee
(begin
(magic_melee_attack)
(sleep_until (= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (unit (list_get (players) 0))) false))
(magic_melee_attack)
)
)

I just wanted to share this with everyone.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Aug 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Xerzus

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 03:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 25       
um i did it but i pressed q but nothing happened... its still just standard melee when i used the Cloak.

pwner5889

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 04:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 25       
wow lol pretty cool now i can use this script for my new arby biped and my cross over eltite bipeds lol

Dark Ninja

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 05:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xerzus
um i did it but i pressed q but nothing happened... its still just standard melee when i used the Cloak.

Are you using both the scripts? Post it here and I'll look at it. Which biped are you using?
Edited by Dark Ninja on Aug 18, 2008 at 05:09 PM

Da Moose

"We've got the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 07:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 25       
Hey cool, I was trying to create a camo script too. It was almost the exact same too, but I
just couldn't figure out how to get it to pause between use.

megahalofan12

Xbox Live/Xfire is: matthewdratt

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 07:43 PM    Msg. 6 of 25       
Wow, Thanks for the Cloak. Im just finished up my SP map where U play as an Elite. I try to figure it out, but once I pressed Q, I stayed Camo forever XD. Thx for a working script!

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 07:43 PM    Msg. 7 of 25       
Ha, that's pretty interesting. Where did you find how to do this?
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Aug 18, 2008 at 07:44 PM

Dark Ninja

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 09:36 PM    Msg. 8 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

Just messing around. On my attack_on_covenant_base2, I made it so flashlight tells the marines to advance. I was also working on a hunter map, and came up with the melee script. Then I was doing a jackal one and tested my overshield idea, then switched it for a health pack. I'm working on some other ones where you play as different Halo characters, each with a special ability. I've done hunter, jackal, and elite. I'll post them all in a topic when I'm finished.

pwner5889

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 09:50 PM    Msg. 9 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dark Ninja
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

Just messing around. On my attack_on_covenant_base2, I made it so flashlight tells the marines to advance. I was also working on a hunter map, and came up with the melee script. Then I was doing a jackal one and tested my overshield idea, then switched it for a health pack. I'm working on some other ones where you play as different Halo characters, each with a special ability. I've done hunter, jackal, and elite. I'll post them all in a topic when I'm finished.

lol pretty cool stuff

Dark Ninja

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:10 PM    Msg. 10 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: ty
Hey, could you use extra controls for other actions? (for example: if you look in the control setup you'll find "exchange weapon" automaticly set as X even though most people prefer pressing E to pick up weapons.)

I'm not sure. It might be possible, since the super scorpion has different buttons for different actions.

aDirtyShisno213

ohai der

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:17 PM    Msg. 11 of 25       
How would you even learn to script? I don't think I've ever seen a tutorial. :(

Ermac

Pops up from time to time

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 02:56 AM    Msg. 12 of 25       
Experiment. There are very few tutorials on scripting (I think I've only seen one, and it's really, really basic). It's basically just doing it and learning.

Watch the forums too, and ask questions if needed - scripting comes up quite often, and more of us are learning.
Edited by drillinstructor on Aug 19, 2008 at 02:56 AM

HaloSlayer

Used to be my H3 Emblem

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 03:07 AM    Msg. 13 of 25       
This sounds all great but how do I use scripts? I have no clue..

Dark Ninja

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 10:44 AM    Msg. 14 of 25       
These are the tutorials I used to learn to script.
Wiki Tutorials
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2228
Polar Bear SP tutorials
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2231
This is for cutscenes
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1257
TaterSalads tutorials
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2567
And the best thing to use is the big book of scripts
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1249
And I also had scripting questions answered by Dark Zealot and drillinstructor.
When you make a script, you use notepad, or some other writing tool, or the easy halo scripter. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2831. Then when you're done, you save it in Halo CE\data\*map_name*\scripts, as a .hsc file. Make sure to change the .txt to all files.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 01:34 PM    Msg. 15 of 25       
This topic demonstrates some aspects of scripting, and feel free to bump it to request scripts.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=16493

someone not important

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 01:45 PM    Msg. 16 of 25       
..How do I get script to actually create the right thing? Do I place active camo in the map and name it cloak or something? Put cloak as something in the palette?

EDIT: Would this sync online?
Edited by someone not important on Aug 19, 2008 at 01:48 PM

Dark Ninja

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 02:31 PM    Msg. 17 of 25       
To create the right thing, you give a name to what you want to spawn, and do the object_create <name>. So yes, that's what you do.

I say yes, since active camo is used online. You'd probably need 16 different scripts, and I don't know how many you can have.

HaloSlayer

Used to be my H3 Emblem

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 03:42 PM    Msg. 18 of 25       
So, How do I make it able to be used Continuous?

Dark Ninja

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 03:53 PM    Msg. 19 of 25       
To make it continuous.

(script continuous <script name>
(begin
(blah)
(blah)
(blah)
)
)

It'll keep repeating it from the start when it finishes. And the sleep command should be 1650, not 300. Because by the time the cloak wears off, you can immediately use it again, so that's just for an extra waiting time.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Aug 19, 2008 at 07:45 PM

HaloSlayer

Used to be my H3 Emblem

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 03:56 PM    Msg. 20 of 25       
To make it continuous.

(script continuous <script name>
(begin
(blah)
(blah)
(blah)
)
)

It'll keep repeating it from the start when it finishes. And the sleep command should be 600, not 300. Because by the time the cloak wears off, you can immediately use it again, so that's just for an extra waiting time.

Is it possible to change the Camo time via scripts?

someone not important

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 05:07 PM    Msg. 21 of 25       
To create the right thing, you give a name to what you want to spawn, and do the object_create <name>. So yes, that's what you do.

I say yes, since active camo is used online. You'd probably need 16 different scripts, and I don't know how many you can have.

Well.. how do I name it? Is there a way to do it without actually placing an item on the map? Do I place one and check the not placed automatically box?
Edited by someone not important on Aug 19, 2008 at 05:08 PM

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 06:57 PM    Msg. 22 of 25       
Quote:

(script startup Cloak
(begin
(object_create cloak)
(sleep 300)
(object_create cloak)
(sleep 300)
)
)

This doesn't work the way you want it to. You're forgetting that the camouflage lasts 45 seconds, so if you wait only ten seconds then the camouflage powerup will uselessly drop to the floor if the flashlight is turned off and on again while the camouflage is still on the player. But, that can be fixed if the powerup is edited to last only ten seconds.

Dark Ninja

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 07:45 PM    Msg. 23 of 25       
To haloslayer-I think it's done in guerrilla.

To someonenotimportant-When you place the object, under what object it is, there's a rectangle called "name". That's where you type in cloak

To Me KS-I know. The sleep command has to be made longer. I think to make it work right the sleep command needs to be 1650. Since 30=1 sec.

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 08:27 PM    Msg. 24 of 25       
Found it!

Useful script, thought it could be useful to bump.

goyanks135

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 05:02 PM    Msg. 25 of 25       
is there any possible way to make the camo stay until you turn off the light?

I tried making the duration short and continously spawning the camos but that didnt work because it takes a while for the camos to work. And the constant flashing blue of the screen didnt seem so appealing to the eyes.
Edited by goyanks135 on Nov 7, 2008 at 05:43 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun February 23, 2020 12:28 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website