A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Holding CTRL\SPACE to create special effect?

Author Topic: Holding CTRL\SPACE to create special effect? (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 07:42 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
How would you make it so when you hold CTRL or SPACE, or whatever crouch and jump is set to, a shield pops up around you (such as the stinger tags), you turn slightly invisble (tachikoma from hugeass) or something like that?

I've followed the boost tutorial because it's similar, but it hasn't worked. I checked the stinger tags, and it's basically the same as what I put. So is it something to do with my model?

For the shield, I just created a geosphere around the vehicle, named a texture shield and applied it. I had a shader_transparent_chicago_extended created with that name, but ingame, nothing happens. I did set all the C Outs and C ins and whatnot. Maybe I should just try a boost first...

Thanks

delta49

I don't always make shaders..

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 09:25 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
I'm sure you might have to use the bind command in a script. Unfortunately I dont know how to use it, I made a topic while back, but people just gave me information I already knew. What you need is an example of the bind command in action. Sorry if this didnt help you much.

randomteddybear

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 04:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
yeah im building a vehicle that needs those buttons to hover like a pelican so how would i do it

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 04:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: randomteddybear
yeah im building a vehicle that needs those buttons to hover like a pelican so how would i do it

just use the pelican vehicle tag, and replace it with ur stuff

randomteddybear

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 10:34 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: Posted By: Advancebo on Today @ 04:31 PM

just use the pelican vehicle tag, and replace it with ur stuff

Author: randomteddybear

yeah but wanna know how to do it myself

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 02:34 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Just check the pelican tags.

@ delta, I don't think that's the whole case, because some vehicles can do it without need of script. it SHOULD be the same thing as boosting, yes?

Any other help?

Okay...that's odd...
I've made it so that I hold CTRL, the contrail from the wings start up...XD

Now, to edit it more.
Edited by Mythril on Aug 20, 2008 at 03:53 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 9, 2020 10:46 PM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website