A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »H2V Scripting Solution

Author Topic: H2V Scripting Solution (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 07:39 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO_6UP5UMlc

This video explains how Halo 2 Vista's Scripting system works.

The summary (if you don't want to watch the video):

In Halo CE, scripts were put in the data folder, and Sapien compiled the scripts. Not this time!

H2Tool compiles the scripts, and you add the scripts to your scenario via H2Guerilla (but it has to be unlocked through ) its under Scenario Resources (not the bottom one, the one on top)

If you dont understand that, watch the vid

PS: I dont mean the credit thing :P

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 02:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
we still need the .scenario_hs_source_file tags though; ive known of that slot for a long time, and im preaty sure its as it says; the location for the scripts listed in a tag.. anyways, I was talkin to one of my friends with H2V today, I gave him a script labeled as .scenario_hs_source_file and a dll so he could edit scenarios fully, and then it didnt work when we compiled it.

couldn't read tag_file_header from the scenario_hs_source_file tag 'test' (C:\Pr
ogram Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo 2 Map Editor\tags\test.scenario_hs_source
_file)
TAG_LOAD: invalid header or corrupt file: 'test.scenario_hs_source_file'.
TAG_LOAD: removing invalid tag test
### WARNING missing script file 'test'

its lookin for a tag, not a script.

Also, unlocking features within tags is easy; same with unlocking what tags are viewable in the opening menu.. the only isue is acualy opening hte new tag types which kornman already adressed.. but we still need to find out about .scenario_hs_source_file

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 1:17 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website