A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP]

Page 120 of 124 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 117 · 118 · 119 · [120] · 121 · 122 · 123 · 124 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] (4327 messages, Page 120 of 124)
Moderators: Dennis

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 01:52 PM    Msg. 4166 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: benjimod
No, i don't have OS, i'm using the original Halo Engine.

The Doctor > Now i'm scared.

Dem shaders look pretty amazing, pls release so I can rip them

What's the model from?
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
WIP
http://youtu.be/mJiJH1LgIYo

I wanna galant vr-4 wagon, sedans are pleb tier.

sshers4

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 04:36 PM    Msg. 4167 of 4327       
Grand theft halo!

Dalek

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 03:21 PM    Msg. 4168 of 4327       
wip : death glider and f302 for a stargate map

update:

i know model and texture can be better, i search someone for work on this project. I have many models for a st-argate map and yoda stuff can be use for a sg map. if you re interested by the idea and want to help to make it better you can contact me.
Edited by Dalek on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 10:25 AM    Msg. 4169 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dalek

wip : death glider and f302 for a stargate map

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/465060sgvehi.jpg

update:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/874551planeurmymodellowpoly.jpg

i know model and texture can be better, i search someone for work on this project. I have many models for a st-argate map and yoda stuff can be use for a sg map. if you re interested by the idea and want to help to make it better you can contact me.
Edited by Dalek on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Dude, that is epic!

Did you model those?

Back when I got started modding Halo I had hoped to eventually do a massive Stargate project. But it never worked out for me. I hope whatever you are planning with these works out. Good luck with your project!

Dalek

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 10:37 AM    Msg. 4170 of 4327       
i started to mod halo for make a stargate mod but i was not ok with modeling, know i think i can do it. Stargate was the tv show of my chilhood and i really hope to make something cool with that. If you want to work with me on that, i think i will post a topic about the project. Y did some thing with darksoldier if you want join the project ^^ ?
Edited by Dalek on Aug 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 06:03 AM    Msg. 4171 of 4327       
They used, p90's way too much in that series. Bt, the tac gear was enthralling.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 01:38 PM    Msg. 4172 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
They used, p90's way too much in that series. Bt, the tac gear was enthralling.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the alien staff weapon, according to the wiki, only has an effective range of 70 meters, while the P90 can reach out to 200 meters. Many of the aliens seem to wear some form of body armor, from what I remember, and the rounds utilized by the P90 are intended to penetrate body armor. It's also compact, which would make it easier to maneuver inside of the Puddle Jumpers or corridors of Atlantis than a full-length rifle.

It's definitely not something that'd make a good service rifle for a conventional military fighting a conventional war, but in the context of Stargate, the P90 seems to be a decent choice for what they need to do. It has been a while since I've watched the show, though, so I may be forgetting/overlooking something.

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 01:49 PM    Msg. 4173 of 4327       
I think, if they used it sparingly along with other weapons such as the famas or the steyr aug.

They could have gotten away with it, but I think it was reused way too much.

I'm not saying that the p90 was a completely awful choice, rather more variety among the human resistance would have been more welcomed.

E.g. if you have ever seen the movie "Equilibrium" Staring Christian Bale and a dog of some sort. You may notice the main fantasy pistol his character is a equipped with, the "grammaton cleric" is simply modified beretta 92fs with a fancy muzzle brake.

Although it seems really low tech, the prop department did a great job of disguising the actual weapons lineage by incorporating other modified prop weapons in the mix.

I'm not in any way, dissing SG1, it's just in retrospect they maybe could have done this, or that better.
Edited by SS Flanker on Aug 25, 2014 at 01:51 PM

Echo77

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 01:59 PM    Msg. 4174 of 4327       

I think, if they used it sparingly along with other weapons such as the famas or the steyr aug.

They could have gotten away with it, but I think it was reused way too much.

I'm not saying that the p90 was a completely awful choice, rather more variety among the human resistance would have been more welcomed.

E.g. if you have ever seen the movie "Equilibrium" Staring Christian Bale and a dog of some sort. You may notice the main fantasy pistol his character is a equipped with, the "grammaton cleric" is simply modified beretta 92fs with a fancy muzzle brake.

Although it seems really low tech, the prop department did a great job of disguising the actual weapons lineage by incorporating other modified prop weapons in the mix.

I'm not in any way, dissing SG1, it's just in retrospect they maybe could have done this, or that better.
Edited by SS Flanker on Aug 25, 2014 at 01:51 PM

I don't know about the FAMAS or the AUG, since Stargate is a American organization (I think? I'm pretty sure SG-1 was, at least). Some variety could have been nice though, yeah.

I haven't heard of Equilibrium, but I always think of the original Star Wars trilogy when it come to taking realworld weapons and disguising their origins by dressing them up as sci-fi guns.

Yoda

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 06:57 PM    Msg. 4175 of 4327       
Stargate SG-1 used a variety of weapons. When the series started they always traveled through the gate with a relatively large team (each with different weapons.) As the series progressed they sort of standardized things by lowering the number of team members to 4 and using the MP5 almost exclusively. In the last couple of seasons they switched from the MP5 to the P90.

Stargate Atlantis used a couple of weapons, but the main team primarily used P90s. (the marines that sometimes went with them used the M4 and occasionally a M249).

The P90 is compact, ergonomic, reliable, accurate, and loads 50 5.7x28mm rounds in a single magazine. This made it ideal for the environments in Stargate Atlantis. The 5.7x28mm round is small and high velocity, it can penetrate light body armor.

Just for the record, the FAMAS is large, uncomfortable, unreliable, inaccurate, and basically just one of the worst firearms ever designed.

Also, the stargate program in the series is an extension of the United States air force. Although they do develop an international oversight organization somewhere along the way in SG-1. (which is why the Atlantis team is so much more diverse).

Lol, sorry for the long post.

I think the Stargate Franchise holds a lot of cool ideas for Halo modding. I just don't have time to work with Halo much any more.

Echo77

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 08:00 PM    Msg. 4176 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda
Just for the record, the FAMAS is large, uncomfortable, unreliable, inaccurate, and basically just one of the worst firearms ever designed.

It may not be great, but it's efinitely not one of the worst. Many people give that title to the .30-06 variant of he WWI-era Chauchat LMG.

Dalek

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 09:51 AM    Msg. 4177 of 4327       
for a stargate mod i can use any weapon, i just need classic stargate rifle but i can add more things, i seen mp5, m249,g36,ak47,m4a1,g3 and more. The sg univers can be really interesting for halo, goauld weapon are equivalent of plasma guns. For vehichle i just will use death glider and f302.

i want to limit vehicle number on the map and im not sure 6 planes for each team is a good idea. it's a massive map and the best wat for soldier is to teleport biped at each important point but im not sure to be able to teleport vehicle. i seen that on coldsnap. i simplified my map idea.

if search for suggestion about gamedesign of the map, i work with modules, that's why i can work on the map before choosing the final design, if you have suggestion on that it's welcome.
it's my first map with usable vehicle and i search for the optimal gameplay.

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 12:44 PM    Msg. 4178 of 4327       
The G36K from Atlantis would be cool. btw Dalek you can rip pretty much all the weapon models + animations you mentioned from BF3 if that's something you want to pursue.

Dalek

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 01:41 PM    Msg. 4179 of 4327       
yes i know i can rip model but halo is an old game and i can creat my own model for each weapon or use tags from the community. It's more interesting for me to creat what i need. i learn by this way.
first i should model all bsp and eclusive vehicles.

Wolf_

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 06:42 AM    Msg. 4180 of 4327       
Make it two planes per team.

Yoda

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 09:46 AM    Msg. 4181 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
It may not be great, but it's efinitely not one of the worst. Many people give that title to the .30-06 variant of he WWI-era Chauchat LMG.

Okay, well in my opinion its one of the worst Firearms ever made. But you can at least say its one of the worst Assault Rifles ever made.

Who wants a long, heavy, inaccurate rifle that jams constantly. The whole point in the bullpup design is to reduce the overall length of the rifle while maintaining accuracy. The Famas is bullpup, full length, AND inaccurate... HOW is that even possible?!?! lol.

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 07:11 AM    Msg. 4182 of 4327       
I only mentioned the famas due to it's cool look.

And I really don't think the directors of stargate would have cared too much whether or not it was accurate enough in a real world scenario. I mean, if Hollywood can make us believe that suppressed mp5ksd'd sound like a .50cal. And if you so much as nick a helicopter blade it will blow up. I'm pretty sure, utilizing something like that famas in stargate could have been done

However I for one don't really like bullpups, they take a little getting used to. Particularly in the reloading department......

(I compared a bb firing tavor tar-21 replica to a hk-417 replica and the 417 was less tricky to reload)

Btw, did someone mention a G36?

{SSMT} H&K G36c Storm Rifle BlOCKOUT

If your wondering whats up with those quads, this model was structured (loosely) on the current gen modelling pipeline which consists of:

Blockout Pass 1 > Blocking out simple detailed shapes from standard primitives, in accordance to the reference you are using.

(Moderate detail and quadrifaction are mandatory here)

Blockout pass 2> This involves creating added detail once you have the basic structure of your model laid out, you may also want to think about patching your topology if needed.

Highpoly > A simple process which consists of adding control loops to support any hard edges you wish to preserve on your model after you have a applied a mesh detail modifier of your choosing.

(Your geo must be complete quads, triangles may be used sparingly, and ngons are not an option. Nurms, turbo smooth, mesh smooth, Sub'D cages are some of the modifers you may you use to detail your mesh easily and effectively.)

Lowpoly > Remove all mesh detailed modifers/control loops/ useless geo. This model should be treated as your final game mesh.

Lowpoly Uv > Annoying and time consuming, but necessary in almost all instances.

Lowpoly + Highpoly bake > This infamously will be the last step before texturing, alot of trial and error is usually exerted here, predominantly due to the fixing which must be done to end up with a perfect normals map.

Lowpoly uv texture > Some argue this is the most time consuming step, in some instances it is and in some it is not. Depending majorly on the outcome you want from your texture.

This is just a rough pipeline I use, there are some extra or missing instances in comparison to the "Official Pipeline".

But my pipeline suits the line of work I like to pursue where as the "official guide" is more of a rough map to say the least in how you should layout your planning for your project.

sshers4

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 11:59 AM    Msg. 4183 of 4327       
Do you use cad_animation exporter to import this weapon in the game?

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 12:19 PM    Msg. 4184 of 4327       
Haven't done that.

Cad animation exporter is only for animations, model exportation is .jms.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yoda+halo+character+tutorial&docid=60...

Yoda might have covered it somewhere in his channel. Take a look at his videos.
Edited by Dennis on Sep 1, 2014 at 09:12 PM

sshers4

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 12:21 PM    Msg. 4185 of 4327       
Haven't done that.

Cad animation exporter is only for animations, model exportation is .jms.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yoda+halo+character+tutorial&docid=60...

Yoda might have covered it somewhere in his channel. Take a look at his videos.

Thanks I was looking for his video :)
Edited by sshers4 on Aug 30, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Edited by Dennis on Sep 1, 2014 at 09:14 PM

samnwck

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 11:26 AM    Msg. 4186 of 4327       
Decided to take a quick break from my other projects so I did a quick two hour modeling session. Started from scratch and took my general inspiration from the pelican to make a civilian pelican. I was happy with it, although it is a bit rough I don't plan on taking it any further than what it is at this point. But for 2.5 hours I didn't think it was bad. 1400 poly. Maybe if someone else wanted to make it into a tag I might give away the model.

Can't post pics for my first week so click the links

http://i.imgur.com/BuqiKRx.png
http://i.imgur.com/QJrM32d.png
http://i.imgur.com/Sg476dT.png
http://i.imgur.com/qGB0P7c.png
Edited by samnwck on Sep 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Edited by samnwck on Sep 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 11:32 AM    Msg. 4187 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck

Decided to take a quick break from my other projects so I did a quick two hour modeling session. Started from scratch and took my general inspiration from the pelican to make a civilian pelican. I was happy with it, although it is a bit rough I don't plan on taking it any further than what it is at this point. But for two hours I didn't think it was bad. 1400 poly. Maybe if someone else wanted to make it into a tag I might give away the model.

The outer cockpit windows, don't seem terribly imaginative. If you want I could send you models of the H4/r pelican to give you some inspiration gusto.

But the main body frame is very nice, sleek and dare I say it?

Sensual.

samnwck

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 12:00 PM    Msg. 4188 of 4327       

The outer cockpit windows, don't seem terribly imaginative. If you want I could send you models of the H4/r pelican to give you some inspiration gusto.

But the main body frame is very nice, sleek and dare I say it?

Sensual.

Meh, it was really just an opportunity to get do something a little different. It really wasn't meant to be a polished product. Just something quick. And as far as the cockpit windows I was trying to stay away from the pelicans angular windows as I felt it looked like a military look instead of a non military vessel which was what this was.

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 01:02 PM    Msg. 4189 of 4327       

OHunterO

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 10:28 AM    Msg. 4190 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck

Decided to take a quick break from my other projects so I did a quick two hour modeling session. Started from scratch and took my general inspiration from the pelican to make a civilian pelican. I was happy with it, although it is a bit rough I don't plan on taking it any further than what it is at this point. But for 2.5 hours I didn't think it was bad. 1400 poly. Maybe if someone else wanted to make it into a tag I might give away the model.

Edited by samnwck on Sep 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Nice and original, but it doesn't look like it would work, the tail part is too thin for how much force would be put upon it imo. I would stick around the current Pelican design as a base mesh and make changes to that, instead of a COMPLETE work over. Also, try and not make everything so blocky, for example your interior is very blocky. Maybe make the walls be on an angle.

Echo77

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 05:24 PM    Msg. 4191 of 4327       
Would anyone be up for converting a Scorpion tank (preferably the original M808B) with the turret removed and replaced by an open-topped compartment with a mounted machine gun so that the vehicle can function as an APC?

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 06:28 AM    Msg. 4192 of 4327       

benjimod

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 10:13 AM    Msg. 4193 of 4327       

DER BLITZ

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 11:51 AM    Msg. 4194 of 4327       
Would anyone be up for converting a Scorpion tank (preferably the original M808B) with the turret removed and replaced by an open-topped compartment with a mounted machine gun so that the vehicle can function as an APC?

Out of curiosity, where do you plan to fit people inside the Scorpion? The back under the turret is where the engine is contained, just so you know.
Edited by Skidrow925 on Nov 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Echo77

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 12:34 PM    Msg. 4195 of 4327       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

Out of curiosity, where do you plan to fit people inside the Scorpion? The back under the turret is where the engine is contained, just so you know.
Edited by Skidrow925 on Nov 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Well, I figure there have to be rotation mechanisms below where the turret meets the hull. These mechanisms must be in a place that doesn't interfere with the engine, which leads me to believe that removing these mechanisms could open up enough space for a couple of passengers.

Couple this with the fact that the Scorpion tank is absolutely massive(the second vehicle down is a Panzer VIII Maus, the heaviest fully enclosed armoured fighting vehicle ever built), and that the WWII "Kangaroo" carrier* variants of converted Sherman tanks could carry a crew of two plus 8-10 passengers, I figured it wouldn't be too hard for the Scorpion to accomodate a driver plus 3-4 passengers down in the hull.

Edit: In-text URLs are bugging out.
*Kangaroo Carrier: http://worldwar2headquarters.com/images/transportBritish/kangaroo.jpg
Edited by Echo77 on Nov 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM

samnwck

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 11:42 PM    Msg. 4196 of 4327       
Not quite a vehicle, more like scenery, but I made a futuristic wind turbine. Comments and crits welcome. The feet definitely could be reworked but I think I'm happy enough with where it's at.

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 06:23 AM    Msg. 4197 of 4327       
I'm a bit confused - it looks very fancy and all, but the blades...what's with the holes on the blades lol - isn't the point of a wind turbine to catch as much air as possible?

Assuming it's meant to be operated upright, standing on its legs, the blades look like they would contradict its intended purpose - the holes as well as the gaps from joining blade pieces together would let air through, not to mention making it look like a real pain in the arse to clean and maintain heh.

The feet make it look like a miniature wind turbine - something that looks like it could be installed on a roof of a house or something...I'm not sure what scale you intended it to be, but first impressions are that it's for those eco folk that want to live off the grid heh.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 06:47 AM    Msg. 4198 of 4327       
It looks more like a piece of art to me. If that was an interior fan, I would use it !

Valentin

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 07:15 AM    Msg. 4199 of 4327       
It certainly looks cool, but it just wouldn't work well enough to be a good design. It does look like a nice piece of abstract art though.

samnwck

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 08:15 AM    Msg. 4200 of 4327       
So none of you are wrong. It wasn't meant to be a practical piece. However the way I imagined it was that the part that rotated as well as the blades themselves were made of a futuristic type composite that was very light and could be turned with minimal ease giving even the lack of perfect airfoil. And yes the feet are small as I had previously planned to add on another piece that would in sense screw in and anchor it to the ground.

However none of that really matters. I just mostly wanted to make something that looked cool in the end haha. And as far as the desk fan comment I kind of agree. once I put the feet on it I noticed the scale seemed much smaller. In the renders I was gonna add in a human silhouette for scale but I ended up forgetting .
Edited by samnwck on Dec 28, 2014 at 08:20 AM

Page 120 of 124 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 117 · 118 · 119 · [120] · 121 · 122 · 123 · 124 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 21, 2017 5:22 AM 8,375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website