A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I'm starting a mapping team

Author Topic: I'm starting a mapping team (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

gamer 2point0

Want an Apple?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 08:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
OK, since i've been playing a lot of MGS, im planning on creating a mapping team, the MGSMT( Metal gear solid mapping team) but im gonna need a tagger and a bitmap creator, anything else i need?
Edited by gamer 2point0 on Sep 8, 2008 at 08:37 PM

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 08:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Whats with all the people who dont know what there doing making map teams? (no offence)

gamer 2point0

Want an Apple?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 08:35 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLS_GRUNT
Whats with all the people who dont know what there doing making map teams? (no offence)
None taken
Edited by gamer 2point0 on Sep 8, 2008 at 08:36 PM

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 08:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
They think it's really easy and that they might accomplish more then trying to work by their selves.

Take the advice from someone that had a mapping team that lasted; it isn't as easy as you think. Just because you have some people that can do stuff, doesn't mean you will automatically be amazing. Start off small and work your way up. I learned how to model and tag myself before I started a team, and it worked out nice because I knew exactly what was supposed to be done, and in case they messed up I knew how to fix it.

I'd learn to do that yourself, then start a mapping team.

gamer 2point0

Want an Apple?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 08:45 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: H4Z4RD
They think it's really easy and that they might accomplish more then trying to work by their selves.

Take the advice from someone that had a mapping team that lasted; it isn't as easy as you think. Just because you have some people that can do stuff, doesn't mean you will automatically be amazing. Start off small and work your way up. I learned how to model and tag myself before I started a team, and it worked out nice because I knew exactly what was supposed to be done, and in case they messed up I knew how to fix it.

I'd learn to do that yourself, then start a mapping team.
Not helping by much

Dark Ninja

The internet shows how stupid people are.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 09:05 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Everytime someone tries to start a team, others come and say "You have no idea what you're doing, give up now, don't bother until you actually show something we think is good." If he wants to start a team, he can. He's going to gain experience and learn, something most people here can't seem to understand, (no offense).

I'd help, but I don't think I'd ever have time to help with a team. Metal gear solid stuff would be great, I've thought about that too. Like a box and barrel as a vehicle that doesn't show on the radar. I've really wanted that game, but I don't have a PS3, for MGS4.

gamer 2point0

Want an Apple?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 09:40 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
i cant decide which game to copy from, any suggestions
Edited by gamer 2point0 on Sep 8, 2008 at 09:41 PM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 09:42 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: gamer 2point0

You don't have to copy from a game though. It can be anything you want it to be.

gamer 2point0

Want an Apple?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 09:54 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Quote: --- Original message by: gamer 2point0

You don't have to copy from a game though. It can be anything you want it to be.
Well i want the maps to be copied from the scenes in some of the MGS games so they give the player a really good visual of the games scenes
Edited by gamer 2point0 on Sep 8, 2008 at 09:54 PM

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 10:13 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Think on your own D: My teacher said It's not hard.

gamer 2point0

Want an Apple?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 10:34 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scrables_the_DeathDealer
You seem to overestimate halos capabilities. It will not come even close visually or game play wise to metal gear solid.
so then how bout i create maps based on mgs 1, but upgrade the graphics so it doesnt look like pixalated crap

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 01:34 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
You don't. If you want to make a map based off of a game then you really should choose another. Something like Fear or COD, if you choose a game that is like MGS it won't play anything like it. That's like saying I'm going to remake Assassins Creed for Halo CE. Try a different game.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 19, 2020 4:24 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website