A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Question about compatibility.

Author Topic: Question about compatibility. (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 02:01 AM    Msg. 1 of 1       
I know that H2V /can/ be run on XP, but I don't trust any cracks of any sort, because I don't even trust antiviruses. [Yeah, my computer's unprotected. Has been for 2 years, and never crashed yet.]

However, I also know Vista uses up more memory for just the OS than XP does. I still intend on upgrading.

On that note, I intend on getting 2 GB of memory, Windows Vista Ultimateš, and I already have a Pentium IV 2.88 GHz (with Hyperthreading), so I don't really need some fancy dual-core processor [that not everyting supports] that's under 2.0 GHz in the first place; I don't want to chuck out too much money anyway.

So, here's my question. My current video card's an ATI Radeon 9250. I can't even run Lost Planet because I need Pixel Shader 3.0 support; And the only ATI cards with even Pixel Shader 2.0 support are cards ABOVE my model... 9300 has it, 9250 doesn't. The X700 series seems to be the most popular; However, I want an NVidia anyway. My dad bought my pathetic video card... Actually no, he just tossed it in from spare parts from the office, that's how I always get my computer.

Now that I'm close to getting a job, and moving out within half a year anyway, what video card should I upgrade to, and what's the average price range? I need enough to support at least H2V, if not Lost Planet; H2V is most important to me...

I'm currently running XP SP3, 1 GB of memory, Intel Pentium IV 2.88 GHz, ATI Radeon 9250, 80 gb hard drive, on-board sound... Aside from upping the memory to 2 GB and getting Vista, how should I upgrade?

I just need Video/Sound card recommendations, and average pricing ranges... It's not like I have money to throw around for computers when I'm saving for college.

Or even a laptop that would support H2V gameplay would be a nice recommendation...

Any assistance is appreciated; If this is the wrong topic, Dennis, go ahead and move it elsewhere, or delete if it doesn't belong anywhere.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu October 17, 2019 1:31 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website