A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »OEM Driver Help

Author Topic: OEM Driver Help (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 03:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I get graphic problems when running halo 2, the campain skips frames.

looked on halomaps said if i baught my comp though a OEM (Dell) i need to download drivers. But which ones do you think i need to download, i don't want to download them all if i don't need it.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=XPS_630I&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

also I have a Nividia 9800 GX2 geforce. on the dell site it listen a driver for that and other geforce cards. I downloaded all the drivers from nivida for my card do i still need to download the ones from dell for that card and the other ones.

if someone could look over that link and tell me what you think i need to download that would be great.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 01:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Quote: I have a Nividia 9800 GX2 geforce

Quote: I downloaded all the drivers from nivida for my card do i still need to download the ones from dell
If you have the Geforce drivers from Nvidia you should not need the ones from Dell. You may need to adjust the settings in the Nvidia driver control panel. If there isn't a Halo2.exe setting you may need to create it.

Ansotropic filtering and Antialiasing mode should be set to Application Controlled
Comformant texture map - use hardware

The rest you may need to play with depending on your PC and performance.

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 03:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
what do you mean by halo2.exo setting?

ill check the options on the drivers, i never thought about that.

cant find where to check those options at
Edited by Rm860 on Sep 29, 2008 at 06:24 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 08:56 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rm860
cant find where to check those options at
right click on desktop>Personalize>display settings>Advanced settings>Geforce tab> start Nvidia Control panel.

Under 3D settings select "manage 3D settings". There should be 2 tabs: Global settings (standard settings for the PC) and Program settings (program specific settings).

On the Program settings tab should be a drop down with a list of pre-programmed settings. You can change it for each game or program so that it does not mess up the standard settings. You can add new programs from there as well.

If not then your driver is different than mine. I have a 8800GTX but all geforce drivers should be pretty much the same.

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 03:56 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
I think i know what it is now. I tried all the troubleshooting i could and there is one error left.

I think its because of the wireless mouse, something i didn't think about before. yea how stupid right. I am going to try to use a normal trackball mouse and see if it works then. wish me luck.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 11:33 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website