A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »help with sapien

Author Topic: help with sapien (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ryanguy

gimme the money, i have a weapon

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 05:19 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
i'm kinda new, don't worry, i checked the other threads before posting this

anyways, the problem is that every time i open sapien, when i open the map, it loads map for a few seconds as it always does in a new window, but when it's done loading the map, it just sapien just dissapears everytime, nothing appears on debug

anyone know how to fix this?

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 03:29 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
try use ahobo

ryanguy

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 07:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
try use ahobo

what is ahobo?

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 07:57 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: ryanguy
try use ahobo

what is ahobo?

Search for it on the Halo CE section of the website. It's a modded version of Sapien that I don't think runs any better, in fact, I've had more problems with it running than any other modded program [kornman's hacked Guerilla, or Tool++]...

Some people have more luck with the hacked programs. I prefer plain ol' Guerilla, Sapien, and Tool.

Also, absolutely nothing appears on debug? Because usually at least something appears, even if it makes absolutely no sense to you.

Have you tried multiple different maps? And if so, then it's probably going to be an issue outside of Sapien itself, be it dual-core processor, a midi controller hooked up, or something else I'm not sure of.
Edited by MF Boom on Oct 3, 2008 at 07:58 AM

ryanguy

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:01 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom

try use ahobo

what is ahobo?

Search for it on the Halo CE section of the website. It's a modded version of Sapien that I don't think runs any better, in fact, I've had more problems with it running than any other modded program [kornman's hacked Guerilla, or Tool++]...

Some people have more luck with the hacked programs. I prefer plain ol' Guerilla, Sapien, and Tool.
yes, i have tried different maps, still doesn't work, but i'll give ahobo a try, as long as it works, it's k

Also, absolutely nothing appears on debug? Because usually at least something appears, even if it makes absolutely no sense to you.

Have you tried multiple different maps? And if so, then it's probably going to be an issue outside of Sapien itself, be it dual-core processor, a midi controller hooked up, or something else I'm not sure of.

FoxtrotZero

Digging Foxholes by Profession

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
whats that supposed to mean?

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 12:36 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom

try use ahobo

what is ahobo?

yes, i have tried different maps, still doesn't work, but i'll give ahobo a try, as long as it works, it's k

Hm. Well, I don't think 'a hobo' will make a difference then. Sapien doesn't really just crash like that for no reason on every map; It's either a flaw in the .scenario file, or a hardware issue.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 8:06 AM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website