A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »help with sapien

Author Topic: help with sapien (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ryanguy
Joined: Oct 1, 2008

gimme the money, i have a weapon


Posted: Oct 1, 2008 05:19 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
i'm kinda new, don't worry, i checked the other threads before posting this

anyways, the problem is that every time i open sapien, when i open the map, it loads map for a few seconds as it always does in a new window, but when it's done loading the map, it just sapien just dissapears everytime, nothing appears on debug

anyone know how to fix this?


Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-
Joined: Feb 24, 2007


Posted: Oct 2, 2008 03:29 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
try use ahobo


ryanguy
Joined: Oct 1, 2008

gimme the money, i have a weapon


Posted: Oct 3, 2008 07:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
try use ahobo

what is ahobo?


MF Boom
Joined: Mar 5, 2007

I am the bone of my sword...


Posted: Oct 3, 2008 07:57 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: ryanguy
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
try use ahobo

what is ahobo?


Search for it on the Halo CE section of the website. It's a modded version of Sapien that I don't think runs any better, in fact, I've had more problems with it running than any other modded program [kornman's hacked Guerilla, or Tool++]...

Some people have more luck with the hacked programs. I prefer plain ol' Guerilla, Sapien, and Tool.


Also, absolutely nothing appears on debug? Because usually at least something appears, even if it makes absolutely no sense to you.

Have you tried multiple different maps? And if so, then it's probably going to be an issue outside of Sapien itself, be it dual-core processor, a midi controller hooked up, or something else I'm not sure of.
Edited by MF Boom on Oct 3, 2008 at 07:58 AM


ryanguy
Joined: Oct 1, 2008

gimme the money, i have a weapon


Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:01 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom

Quote: --- Original message by: ryanguy
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
try use ahobo

what is ahobo?


Search for it on the Halo CE section of the website. It's a modded version of Sapien that I don't think runs any better, in fact, I've had more problems with it running than any other modded program [kornman's hacked Guerilla, or Tool++]...

Some people have more luck with the hacked programs. I prefer plain ol' Guerilla, Sapien, and Tool.
yes, i have tried different maps, still doesn't work, but i'll give ahobo a try, as long as it works, it's k

Also, absolutely nothing appears on debug? Because usually at least something appears, even if it makes absolutely no sense to you.

Have you tried multiple different maps? And if so, then it's probably going to be an issue outside of Sapien itself, be it dual-core processor, a midi controller hooked up, or something else I'm not sure of.
Edited by MF Boom on Oct 3, 2008 at 07:58 AM


FoxtrotZero
Joined: Aug 3, 2008

Digging Foxholes by Profession


Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
whats that supposed to mean?


MF Boom
Joined: Mar 5, 2007

I am the bone of my sword...


Posted: Oct 4, 2008 12:36 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: ryanguy
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom

Quote: --- Original message by: ryanguy
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
try use ahobo

what is ahobo?


Search for it on the Halo CE section of the website. It's a modded version of Sapien that I don't think runs any better, in fact, I've had more problems with it running than any other modded program [kornman's hacked Guerilla, or Tool++]...

Some people have more luck with the hacked programs. I prefer plain ol' Guerilla, Sapien, and Tool.


Also, absolutely nothing appears on debug? Because usually at least something appears, even if it makes absolutely no sense to you.

Have you tried multiple different maps? And if so, then it's probably going to be an issue outside of Sapien itself, be it dual-core processor, a midi controller hooked up, or something else I'm not sure of.
Edited by MF Boom on Oct 3, 2008 at 07:58 AM


yes, i have tried different maps, still doesn't work, but i'll give ahobo a try, as long as it works, it's k


Hm. Well, I don't think 'a hobo' will make a difference then. Sapien doesn't really just crash like that for no reason on every map; It's either a flaw in the .scenario file, or a hardware issue.

 

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Sun January 19, 2020 8:06 AM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website