A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Wip] Cleanup single player map (part two)

Author Topic: [Wip] Cleanup single player map (part two) (35 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

adumbass

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 11:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 35       
So.. a while ago(2 years?) I released cleanup, a single player level where you play as an elite and go through a canyon cleaning out the flood while helping covenant allies along the way. It didn't have much of a story besides that because I didn't do a good job telling it, and had not planned out one until after. I had started working on a second map after I released the first one, but quickly gave up because of many reasons including losing interest. A few months ago I started modeling a new bsp for cleanup part two where I plan on continuing the story. I have planned out most of the story already and have modeled 2 and 1/2 of the bsps so far. I have decided to try and make this a longer level than the first one and I will probably need help. I'm looking for someone who has 3dsmax and can properly unwrap textures onto forerunner structures and terrain. I will be modeling, populating, scripting, and pretty much everything else I just want some help unwrapping the levels. The story picks up where the other one left off, you play as a specops elite sent to secure the canyons around the Truth and Reconciliation's landing site after the flood were released. In this map your objective will be to continue cleaning out the area and get to the Truth and Reconciliation.

Here are some renders from max, the last pic is a piece of the first bsp which is in game. The second to last pic is the beginning of another bsp. Also I know some areas might look high poly but that is because I haven't cleaned those areas up or might leave it the way it is and just portal it. I might also need some help with forerunner structures.

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 11:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 35       
I remember that also, looking really good.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 11:23 PM    Msg. 3 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scrables_the_DeathDealer
Ahhh, yes I remember this, looks promising.

First two posts explain it. This stuff looks cool.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 11:29 PM    Msg. 4 of 35       
I rember you telling me you started the new bsp. Hot.

adumbass

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 11:48 PM    Msg. 5 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scrables_the_DeathDealer

Only problem I have with it is the 3rd picture in which one the walls theres just square extrudes.
Edited by Scrables_the_DeathDealer on Oct 4, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Which wall exactly? I can easily add something to it just point out where.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 01:18 AM    Msg. 6 of 35       
I like how the cliffs are 3254 miles high. Good job, jsut the way I like it.

AK_49

Well do ya punk? Do ya feel lucky?

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 01:32 AM    Msg. 7 of 35       
Most of the things look nice in this sp level. Some other parts look like you went too lazy.

adumbass

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 07:11 PM    Msg. 8 of 35       
Can you guys be more specific on what needs more detail and maybe give some suggestions? I know of some areas but I'm not sure what to add. Here are some more pics first 2 are of an elevator I modeled, I know there are some extra polys on it that need to be removed. I based the building in the last pic on the one in relic. I'm still looking for some help on forerunner structures and unwrapping.. I might also soon release a tutorial on getting warthogs to follow command lists. It works on drop ships too, but not as well which is why I'm going to be using cinematic animations for drop ships.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 07:13 PM    Msg. 9 of 35       
The last structure I dont really like that much.

ThePlague

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 07:15 PM    Msg. 10 of 35       
That last structure looks like Halo 2 Relic, the multi-player map. Cool idea.

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 07:26 AM    Msg. 11 of 35       
The first one bored me a bit to be honest. This one looks like it's going to be good.

adumbass

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 11:39 PM    Msg. 12 of 35       
Thanks for the tutorial lod3x, I know how to unwrap its just that I wanted some help unwrapping all of this. I'm also looking for someone to help me on forerunner structures since I'm not too good at thinking up new structures.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 07:35 AM    Msg. 13 of 35       
finally! A single player map that can top the original campaign!

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 10:41 AM    Msg. 14 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
finally! A single player map that can top the original campaign!

As much as you hope it needs to be scripted well to be as good as the original campaign.

gamegodlazy
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Please pass the Panda Sauce to me

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 12:15 PM    Msg. 15 of 35       
and a good story line, and of course maybe having soemthing like voiceacting ect

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 06:42 PM    Msg. 16 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: gamegodlazy
and a good story line, and of course maybe having soemthing like voiceacting ect

sorry for the bump.

Just recruit from the Machinima section of these forums.

Also, if you get some people excited, they will contribute to the scripting.
Edited by Headhunter09 on Oct 9, 2008 at 06:42 PM

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 10:25 PM    Msg. 17 of 35       

what are these faces for? just out of curiosity
my one problem would have to be areas like this where faces like this could be removed by welding the verticies down. it makes the wireframe look messy but it saves a few triangles
Edited by Donut on Oct 9, 2008 at 10:25 PM

adumbass

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 11:05 PM    Msg. 18 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
what are these faces for? just out of curiosity
my one problem would have to be areas like this where faces like this could be removed by welding the verticies down. it makes the wireframe look messy but it saves a few triangles
Edited by Donut on Oct 9, 2008 at 10:25 PM

I already said in that same post..:
Quote: --- Original message by: adumbass
Can you guys be more specific on what needs more detail and maybe give some suggestions? I know of some areas but I'm not sure what to add. Here are some more pics first 2 are of an elevator I modeled, I know there are some extra polys on it that need to be removed. I based the building in the last pic on the one in relic. I'm still looking for some help on forerunner structures and unwrapping.. I might also soon release a tutorial on getting warthogs to follow command lists. It works on drop ships too, but not as well which is why I'm going to be using cinematic animations for drop ships.

Also about scripting, I know how to script pretty well so I don't think I'll be needing help for that. I have the story line planned out for the most part but it isn't finalized. I'm sure I could use voice acting for elites although what they say hasn't been fully decided yet.

adumbass

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 05:18 PM    Msg. 19 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dr Pepper
what 3d model app are you using?

3dsmax8 of course.. I'm not really familiar with anything else.

sierra117

If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 05:35 AM    Msg. 20 of 35       
wow that map looks awesome! Hey is it possible that you can make a tut me how to make dropships and pelicans dropoff marines and elite etc. coz im making a sp map and they are really necessary things if i make this map work. I need a script that make the peli pick you up to complete a level.

OMGWTHBBQHAXZORZ XD

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 05:47 PM    Msg. 21 of 35       
wow those pics from the first post (the bsp) looked like it was from this random dream I had once were I was this spy guy then everything went topsy tervy and the whole dream scewed it self... wtf?

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 11:17 AM    Msg. 22 of 35       
ur not making the eapon scheme h1 right?(jst wondering)

adumbass

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 11:51 PM    Msg. 23 of 35       
I've been too lazy recently guys... I haven't done work on this in a few days now. To make drop ships fly I'm going to be using cinematic animations. I will animate them in 3dsmax and play it in game..I'm not 100% sure how to do it so I can't make a tutorial, I'm getting help from someone else on how to do that. You can PM if you want help scripting though. For the weapons I'm gonna try and have halo1 + halo2 only if I can get good halo 2 weapons. Here are a few pics of what I last worked on it still has work to do on it and I plan on redoing some areas. Its supposed to be a power station. I'm not sure why some parts of the renders look.. blurry. Also I plan on making an mp map, maybe using some of the structures from this map.

Edited by adumbass on Oct 19, 2008 at 11:53 PM
Edited by adumbass on Oct 19, 2008 at 11:54 PM

corndogman939

Using the same avatar since 2007

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 11:21 AM    Msg. 24 of 35       
I like the bottom of that structure, the top not so much though. It just looks a little un-forerunner to me.

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 12:25 PM    Msg. 25 of 35       
Looks awesome. Can't wait to play it.

sierra117

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 11:18 PM    Msg. 26 of 35       
are you going to make it so you can use the sniper rifle coz in the 1st part you can hold all the weapons but the sniper.

Auxor

Ever drunk Baileys out of a shoe?

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 11:53 AM    Msg. 27 of 35       
I see you have Phantoms as dropships in the level. Great!

Will it just be Elites or will they have Grunt/Jackal/Hunter allies?

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 02:50 PM    Msg. 28 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Auxor
I see you have Phantoms as dropships in the level. Great!

Will it just be Elites or will they have Grunt/Jackal/Hunter allies?

I actually just had a thought of how awesome an all jackal level would be.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 04:10 PM    Msg. 29 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: adumbass

For the weapons I'm gonna try and have halo1 + halo2 only if I can get good halo 2 weapons.

only do h2 weapons if you can strike a good gameplay balance with them and the h1 weapons.

adumbass

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 08:26 PM    Msg. 30 of 35       
You will be able to use any weapon in this version unless I decide that you can't. The reason for not being able to use some guns in the first map was because I didn't really know what I was doing back then. There will be phantoms, but I might have the old h1 dropships in some parts. For allies there will be Elites, Jackals, Grunts, Hunters, and maybe Drones. About the weapons, it should be easy to balance them because this is singleplayer and not multiplayer.

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 07:37 AM    Msg. 31 of 35       
Sounds promising, beautiful BSP.

Definately has my download.

Drone allies...that has a very strange feeling to it.

GJ

Auxor

Ever drunk Baileys out of a shoe?

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 09:14 AM    Msg. 32 of 35       
Yeah, you never see Drones fighting the Flood.. or in Halo CE. You planning on creating them?

gamegodlazy
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Please pass the Panda Sauce to me

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 03:07 PM    Msg. 33 of 35       
Is adumbass still going to finish this map?

ThePlague

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 03:36 PM    Msg. 34 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: gamegodlazy
Is adumbass still going to finish this map?
Kind of. He ran out of ideas for forerunner architecture, and other stuff. He was doing this and other projects at the same time, so he put this aside.

sierra117

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 04:45 AM    Msg. 35 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Auxor
Yeah, you never see Drones fighting the Flood.. or in Halo CE. You planning on creating them?

you do in halo 2 high charity level. at one part..and keep up the good work it looks like this could be a excellent mod for the community..have anyone noticed that theres no spam so far?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat August 24, 2019 3:11 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website