A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The on-screen text in Halo/HaloCE changed on me D: (chat, etc.)

Author Topic: The on-screen text in Halo/HaloCE changed on me D: (chat, etc.) (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Enzo03
-
Screenshot Guru
-

I'd rather go without than take what you'd bring.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 02:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
When I made a fresh install of HCE with the 1.08 patch, I got this kind of screen font:

But now, I get this:

What I want to know is why the text had to change from something readable into something where "]" is no different from "|", and if it is possible to change it back.

Did I mention it changed overnight, during this past week?

I have never changed visual themes or display settings since the last time I had installed Halo.
For text smoothing, it has been set to "standard" ever since windows was installed.
Visual themes are ENABLED in the Halo exe, BUT in CE they were disabled the entire time. They never had any effect, but enabling them made no difference.
Edited by Enzo03 on Oct 17, 2008 at 02:33 PM
Edited by Enzo03 on Oct 17, 2008 at 02:34 PM

Pingvinz

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 03:08 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 09:44 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
May also be a change in screen resolution. The top one looks like a higher resolution.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue July 7, 2020 6:33 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website