A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »"Human plane"-type vehicle help

Author Topic: "Human plane"-type vehicle help (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Arteen

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 04:19 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Does anyone know how to stop "human plane"-type vehicles from losing altitude when moving forward (i.e. when holding down 'W')? Help would be appreciated.

Advancebo

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 04:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Isnt a pelican a "human plane" and stays in place? I think its the "Hover" Function that makes it stay in place

delta49

I don't always make shaders..

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 05:34 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Isnt a pelican a "human plane" and stays in place? I think its the "Hover" Function that makes it stay in place

As far as I know with vehicles, the pelican and longsword, both "human planes" even when pressing no controls at all it still looses altitude, if you stand still and watch someone driving it hovering 10 feet above the ground it starts to go down eventually reaching the ground.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 05:59 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: delta49
As far as I know with vehicles, the pelican and longsword, both "human planes" even when pressing no controls at all it still looses altitude, if you stand still and watch someone driving it hovering 10 feet above the ground it starts to go down eventually reaching the ground.

That's because they are looking down or up and the physics (or whatever it is) is pushing it the vehicle back.

I believe if you open npelican or phantom tags (vehicles that hover), in the "functions" area of the vehicle tag there is "hover" and "thrust" functions. And you add those functions to the vehicle in the "$$$ VEHICLE $$$" Section as A in, B in, C in, or D in.

I suggest you check out those tags for more info.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 07:56 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: NT Productions

There is a way to fix it, but I doubt anyone would like to fix the tags. :/

im sure thats exactly what he wants to do.
if u know a way then u should tell him.

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 09:10 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
That's because they are looking down or up and the physics (or whatever it is) is pushing it the vehicle back.

I believe if you open npelican or phantom tags (vehicles that hover), in the "functions" area of the vehicle tag there is "hover" and "thrust" functions. And you add those functions to the vehicle in the "$$$ VEHICLE $$$" Section as A in, B in, C in, or D in.

I suggest you check out those tags for more info.

Functions are only for tweaking the state of attachments or widgets for the vehicle. They don't change anything about the physics of the vehicle. What you're referring to specifically are functions that read how much thrust and hover is being applied. Those functions are used for controlling the pelican engine sound attachments.

Advancebo

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 08:29 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       
omg, at the bottom of every vehicle tag, theres the whole list of functions. 2 of them are "Hover" and "Thrust". When used in a function, "Hover" is what makes the crouch button in a pelican/longsword, go down. "Thrust" is what makes the pelican/longsword go up when holding the jump button. Then the actual ability to fly is set in the tags.

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 07:54 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
omg, at the bottom of every vehicle tag, theres the whole list of functions. 2 of them are "Hover" and "Thrust". When used in a function, "Hover" is what makes the crouch button in a pelican/longsword, go down. "Thrust" is what makes the pelican/longsword go up when holding the jump button. Then the actual ability to fly is set in the tags.

Go ahead and remove those functions in any "human plane" vehicle tag. Delete the functions at the top of the tag, set the "A, B, C, D" functions at the bottom to "none" and then compile it into a map, and see for yourself how the pelican will still respond to going down when you use the crouch button and going up when you use the jump button. It's in the physics.

Those functions are just values that are exported to the "functions" at the top of the tag in order to control attachments and widgets. That's it. They don't affect physics, in fact they are values affected by the physics.

Those "functions" at the bottom of the vehicle tag are just values that are exported from the vehicle's state. The "hover" function is actually a value that says whether it's hovering up or down or vertically still. For "thrust", the value is whether thrust is being applied to the vehicle or not. How do you think sounds and effects are controlled? By these functions.

So, these functions are not the answer to controlling the physics.
Edited by Me KS on Oct 18, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 2, 2020 6:30 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website