A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »System requirements - clarification

Author Topic: System requirements - clarification (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Rhydgaled Publications

I have many questions (can't fit URL in though)

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 10:43 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I have just taken delivery of a laptop with Windows Vista (I don't like it already and perfer the XP operating system on our other PCs) but I was thinking that I might now be able to play HALO 2 on PC.

I looked up the system requirements but the details of what graphics card was required seemed a little confusing so I used the System Requirements Lab Analysis website to try and find out if the computer can run HALO 2.

The results showed that the computer met most of the requirements but the video card didn't.
This is where I became confused, the results are displayed here:
Video Card
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family () FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement.

Then the site said what features the card met, and what it failed to meet

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 821 MB That seems like enough to run the game then
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes Nothing wrong there
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes Nothing wrong there
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0 Nothing wrong there
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0 Nothing wrong there

Confusing... why does the latop fail to meet the graphics requirement when it seems to have all the features required by the game?
Edited by Rhydgaled Publications on Nov 10, 2008 at 10:45 AM

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 12:09 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
the best test is to try to run halo 2.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 06:00 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rhydgaled Publications
Video Card
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family () FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement.

Then the site said what features the card met, and what it failed to meet

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 821 MB That seems like enough to run the game then
Most laptop video cards use shared ram not dedicated ram as a desktop card does. Therefore it may report higher ram but in fact it has less. In addition the Intel chip sets often do not support the advanced 3d graphics rendering that most high end games require.

Rhydgaled Publications

I have many questions (can't fit URL in though)

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 06:16 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
In addition the Intel chip sets often do not support the advanced 3d graphics rendering that most high end games require.

So, although the website tells me I have the Video Card 3D Acceleration that the game requires, the card cannot support some other asspect of 3d rendering that the website didn't mention? I think I understand now, thanks for your help.
Edited by Rhydgaled Publications on Nov 11, 2008 at 06:19 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 1:14 PM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website