A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »ARE THERE ANY COMMANDS IN H2TOOL TO BUILD COLLISON MODELS AND MODELS??

Author Topic: ARE THERE ANY COMMANDS IN H2TOOL TO BUILD COLLISON MODELS AND MODELS?? (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 05:19 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I need to know if there are any commands for h2Tool that can make new render models models and collision models please get back to me as quickly as you can.

-Pakar45

Dontu

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 06:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
As of right now there isnt a way to create that content. Until a hacked version of tool comes out I doubt you will be able to create such things. However I believe Jaharian created a gbx model upgrader that takes models compiled through halo1 tool and updates them to the render model format, no collision models though.

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 06:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
I know about gbx model upgrader but, i did open a weapon in guerilla and changed it's render model and saved added int o sapien compile scenario and it wasnt the right model it was the original D: please tell me how to change it to a different gbx upgraded model plz

-Pakar45

Dontu

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 07:00 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
I think H2 knows if a model is different and thus doesn't allow you to do this. I have little experience with this try going over to modacity.net, its down right now but i remember reading that halo 2 vista stores stock tags that are shared by maps in a different file to reduce the dl time of maps.

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 07:41 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Tags are read through a map file called shared. This also makes single-player maps load faster (hence single_player_shared.map)

This is not like Halo CE, where it is read through the tag list. H2X also had this map file to improve loading times.

Edit: Woops, major bump. I think it still follows the topic, so no biggie.
Edited by Codebrain on Jan 6, 2009 at 07:43 PM

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: May 1, 2009 04:55 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: pakar45
I know about gbx model upgrader but, i did open a weapon in guerilla and changed it's render model and saved added int o sapien compile scenario and it wasnt the right model it was the original D: please tell me how to change it to a different gbx upgraded model plz

-Pakar45
to answer your questin you need to make the new tag refrence your map not the shared map and when you do get it in game the uvw's will probly be wack or the model will be insideout but just redo the conversion with gbxmodelupgrader and use the correct settings depending on your model and it should work

a little tip the more basic your model is the easyer it is to do this conversion

might i add that if your going to be putting a custom weapon in game it must use animations form a weapon thats alredy in the game

custom animations,physics & collition geomitry is curantly not posible!

so if you can get a nice car model in game it could have custom textures but it would have to use the warthog physics

funny thats actuly posible but the games ben out quite sometime and noone has goten a custom veachal in game yet exept for the troop.

i hope to see someone try it soon.
Edited by jackrabbit on May 1, 2009 at 05:07 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 15, 2018 6:25 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website