A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »help with bitmaps with alpha channels

Author Topic: help with bitmaps with alpha channels (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

kingfish999

I like Pie

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 04:33 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
i know how to make bitmaps but never learned how to make them with certian alpha channel. on some of my guns i made, you might see hwo they have ironsights instead of a scope, but the sights are black and have no color. im trying to fix that and i know how too. but when i made a bitmap, the alpha channels dont work.

will someone tell me how to make a bitmap with a correct alpha channel? when i make an alpha channel in photoshop, then use tool, the tag doesnt have the alpha channel.

need help cause im wanting to make a few more weapons and update some old baddly made ones and this will definatly be an improvement.

kingfish999

EDIT: figueres i spend a week on this and right after i finaly ask, i figuer it out.....
Edited by kingfish999 on Dec 24, 2008 at 05:06 PM

Vick Jr

Well enough alone...

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 05:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Well tell us what the problem was and how to fix it incase we have it.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 06:08 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vick Jr

Quote: --- Original message by: kingfish999
when i make an alpha channel in photoshop, then use tool, the tag doesnt have the alpha channel.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 07:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote: --- Original message by: Vick Jr

Quote: --- Original message by: kingfish999
when i make an alpha channel in photoshop, then use tool, the tag doesnt have the alpha channel.

after its compiled once, open the tag in guerilla, set to either Explicit alpha, Interpoler Alpha, 16 bit colors, or 32 bit colors. then recompile in tool.

kingfish999

I like Pie

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 12:13 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
sry i didnt know ppl posted in this thread. what i was doing was completly different then what i was suppose to do. i was making a channel in photoshop by coping the vieable bitmap, creating a channel and calling it Alpha 01 then pasting it and making it all white. thats how i saw it in a few tutorials but i guess that doesnt work with what im doing.

thats when i noticed that if i make the backgorund of the image transparent and making sure it the check box to save the transparancy is checked (thats my main problem) then it will work right.

also yeah like you said, set as explicit alpha then recompile with tool but i found that out instantly.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 8:30 PM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website