A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The Covenants' Side to Halo Campaign "WIP"

Page 1 of 14 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 14 · Next
Author Topic: The Covenants' Side to Halo Campaign "WIP" (489 messages, Page 1 of 14)
Moderators: Dennis

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 03:50 PM    Msg. 1 of 489       
Well recently me and a group of mappers and moders have started working on the campaign from the Covenants' side of what happened. In order to mix up the levels we were imagining like a level like truth and reconcilliation done backwards, played as and elite. You would start in the covenant dropship that keyes takes out at the end. There is one or two parts in the campaign where you would come across mc on your path and well everything would really go as planed from there.

We are going to close this topic untill we are further into the campaign. The official list of employes are:

Dark Ally(zach)
Sarge(beach party)
Gamma927
VMT
Slayer117
k9colin
L283023
venom1661
Advancebo

If you need anything please send me a private message.

Edited by vmt on Feb 5, 2009 at 08:16 PM
Edited by vmt on Feb 6, 2009 at 04:30 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 03:57 PM    Msg. 2 of 489       
Actually, the elite that was capturing keyes got shot between the eyes inside the lifepod

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 04:02 PM    Msg. 3 of 489       
I did not understand a word you said...

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 04:27 PM    Msg. 4 of 489       
What? yet again thats not a dictionary word.... anyways im working on teh backwards snow level

adumbass

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 04:30 PM    Msg. 5 of 489       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Actually, the elite that was capturing keyes got shot between the eyes inside the lifepod

Hes not talking about that elite.. hes talking about starting in the covenant dropship that captain keyes drives at the end of a50.

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 04:34 PM    Msg. 6 of 489       
actually that was right for the a50 one but i didn't know that the elite died in a10. so i or someoe else will have to figure something better out.

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 04:46 PM    Msg. 7 of 489       
ive never read the floods and that word wasnt a english word so i wouldnt know is all im saying

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 04:49 PM    Msg. 8 of 489       
percificnes: i just realized you might have ment perfectness.... sorz its not that i couldnt read what you said the post b4 that its just that i didnt know what you were talking about since i never read the floods

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 05:02 PM    Msg. 9 of 489       
thats a good idea except does he ever die in the books? i only read the first strike. Also does anyone have a specops elite?

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 05:14 PM    Msg. 10 of 489       
I'll help if you want me to, I can script. xfire: warlordkillsall

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 05:31 PM    Msg. 11 of 489       
Then maybe its time to rewrite history? Lone Warrior and Gamma added.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 05:35 PM    Msg. 12 of 489       
Would this really work? I mean, the Covenant go owned in the first Halo. So the player would die every level.

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 05:39 PM    Msg. 13 of 489       
Tehcnicly not everyone dies in every level no? There might be a extra level not from the original campain also.

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 06:46 PM    Msg. 14 of 489       
Even though its not actualy a huge project. I will show work next weekend.

Venom1660

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 06:58 PM    Msg. 15 of 489       
ok so here is my idea for the level "The Pillar of Autumn". I'm not exactly sure the extent of modding abilities but here it goes.

ok look at this video scroll to 6:35...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSP9RBHc3vI&feature=related

that covenant boarding chamber there is where you would start the level. Right next to those over shield pickups. I guess if you could make the first cut scene show a covenant boarding craft boarding the pillar of autumn if thats possible.

You start there with a team of grunts and jackals, and the first objective would be to find that cryochamber room where you start the actual campaign as chief. I say this because I recall when you are in the room above the cryochamber room in the real campaign Cortana says something like "looks like they were trying to kill you while you were sleeping" or something along those lines. So when you get to that room, killing humans along the way, you find out that Master Chief is already gone, so the new objective would be to find him and the construct(Cortana)...

so the level continues as normal and just as you turn the corner where the life pods are you see Master Chief entering the lifepod in the game but you can't stop him. I guess the level could end there or the level could end with you trying to escape the autumn the way you came in. That's my idea for the first level of the Covenant side of the war. If this idea sounds good than I'll get more into detail about it.
Edited by Venom1660 on Jan 18, 2009 at 07:00 PM

pwner5889

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 07:06 PM    Msg. 16 of 489       
Wow this sounds tty cool i really want to see this completed.

Gamma927

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 07:10 PM    Msg. 17 of 489       
That's actually a pretty good idea, but it would be hard to get the chief as an AI to get in, unless you're thinking of recorded animations...

Venom1660

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 07:51 PM    Msg. 18 of 489       
^yeah recorded animations. You shouldn't be able to engage in battle with Master Chief. If you killed him there it wouldn't make sense. So he has to escape in the life pod. Just for effect you could maybe see him killing a few grunts in his way or something before he gets into the life pod...scripted events you could call it I guess?
Edited by Venom1660 on Jan 18, 2009 at 07:56 PM

vmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 08:13 PM    Msg. 19 of 489       
im trying to find an animator right now... hopefully somone is good enough :P

pwner5889

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 08:18 PM    Msg. 20 of 489       
Quote: --- Original message by: vmt
im trying to find an animator right now... hopefully somone is good enough :P

Well i hope. lol

Bokito

Playing ODST since 09-21-09

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 03:59 AM    Msg. 21 of 489       
I was thinking about this like a year ago, but I didn't even know how to model, so i thought: what the hell, too long and too hard for me alone. Maybe at some parts you should see the chief run by, in an unaccessable place, like behind the glass at the cryo chamber. It would only take an AI, ignoring everything and just running straight no?

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 06:40 AM    Msg. 22 of 489       
that would turn out like some half life 2 campaign, like gman lol
I'm just everything HEK and machinima ( an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaNdgYSO48 ) so if you need a trailer for it or so... i can imagine you have enough people now for the HEK part, but you can count me in if you want =P

k9colin

Piss Off I'm -BLAM!-ing

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 09:18 AM    Msg. 23 of 489       
Here's a little story that you can follow if you want.

Character: Zuka Zamamee

Level 1 - Pillar of Autumn:
Cutscene begins with boarding craft attaching to PoA (you can use the boarding craft model in Halo 2 on the level Cairo). The game begins with you in the lifepod bay along with three spec op elites and three spec op grunts. They are armed with plasma rifles and needlers. Your first objective is to head to the bridge to rendezvous with the Ossoona and capture Captain Keyes and his crew. Upon getting there, you kill the marine guards and find some of the bridge crew there. A checkpoint passes and two trios of elites enter and hold the crew hostage, leaving you to embark on your next objective.

Your next objective is to head to the Cryo Chamber to eliminate the Master Chief. When you get there, you find him in the suspended room above behind the glass windows.. After, you rush to the lifepod bays and find the chief, who is already commencing his animation of holding his gun in one hand and entering the last pod. The chief escapes, so you end the level returning to your boarding craft. The final cutscene could just be Zuka's boarding craft departing and heading to the nearest cruiser.

Level 2 - Truth and Reconciliation (Cutscene Level Only)
Cutscene begins with Zuka discussing something with the Shipmaster. He asks for permission to hunt down the Chief, but it is denied. He then goes to the Brig to talk with the captured Captain Keyes. Finally, he is in the docking bay and departs in a Spirit Dropship. As he departs, you suddenly see an explosion at one of the doors at the lower level - its the Master Chief. The chief rushes in with a fireteam, and they massacre the unsuspecting guards. The scene ends here, as the player already knows what happens next. Hours later, the camera goes through a corridor of dead elites and grunts, and then switches back to the Control Room where Zuka is again with the Shipmaster. This time, his request is approved.

Level 3 - Silent Cartographer
Cutscene begins with marines on the beach talking and resting at the rocky area where they stay after the initial attack. A Spirit dropship swoops in and drops a lance of grunts led by a Spec Ops Grunt, and Zuka 'Zamamee. Gameplay begins as your squad eliminates the marines here. After they all die, parallel to the pelicans, two or three spirits come down and drop empty ghosts, about 6 in total. All the grunts and you then enter it and head to the area where the chief fights the hunter for the first time. For some reason or another, you will find squads of humans on the way with dead covenant nearby.

When you get there, a spirit comes and drops of the two hunters while you go inside and activate the islands security systems. After that, you hear grunts screaming and bullets fire. You come outside and find them dead as well with one hunter. Around the corner on the cliff, you see another hunter fighting a figure, but the hunter is defeated. It is the chief, and a cutscene ensues. The chief enters the structure while Zuka hides behind a weapon crate who himself finds the Spec Ops Grunt, Yayap, there hiding too. A pelican flies near the area, but Yayap picks up a fuel rod cannon and shoots it down, then returns to hiding. The chief is then seen exiting and driving off the cliff to salvage some ammo. The level ends with Zuka entering a dropship with Yayap, and later, he is warned in the Control Room again by the Shipmaster.

I guess you can make a plan for the next three maps with help from here:
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Zuka_%27Zamamee

Next three levels:
Level 4 - Alpha Base
Level 5 - Keyes
Level 6 - The Maw
Final Cutscene

P.S.
This was a biatch to write up.

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 10:32 AM    Msg. 24 of 489       
you could make the 2nd level an actual level, by needing to defend some commanders or engines, or brusting though humans trying to catch the cheif.

Gamma927

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 10:50 AM    Msg. 25 of 489       
I like these ideas, but for the Pillar of Autumn, lets make the ship kind of unstable, like if the ship was beginning its landing.

vmt

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:12 AM    Msg. 26 of 489       
I like the way the idea is Colin thankyou so much!

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:17 AM    Msg. 27 of 489       
The boarding craft in halo 2 is different then the one u see in halo ce.

Wolf_

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:24 AM    Msg. 28 of 489       
actually that was right for the a50 one but i didn't know that the elite died in a10. so i or someoe else will have to figure something better out.

Read the novel "The flood "and its mentioned.

Gamma927

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:26 AM    Msg. 29 of 489       
Wait a minute... I just re-read the ideas, and apparently Yayap shoots down a pelican? It would take multiple hits to down a pelican, and at the time of that encounter, they were inside. There are multiple inconsistencies that you must fix.

vmt

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:27 AM    Msg. 30 of 489       
I might read it.

Advanced Bo: We need an animator :D lol also the h1 docking pod is not that hard to make im thinking because its alot more simple then the h2 one. Unless we could somehow find one and desect it's livings and import it to 3ds max for animations.

Gamma927

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:29 AM    Msg. 31 of 489       
I might read it.

Advanced Bo: We need an animator :D lol also the h1 docking pod is not that hard to make im thinking because its alot more simple then the h2 one. Unless we could somehow find one and desect it's livings and import it to 3ds max for animations.

Lol. Also, do you have to have a cutscene showing the pod docking with the ship? You could have the camera dark, and inside the pod as a first person perspective. Then, it shakes, and the airlock door opens. That would be much easier, and no BSP modification is necessary

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:30 AM    Msg. 32 of 489       
I can try

Sign me up.

k9colin

Piss Off I'm -BLAM!-ing

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:32 AM    Msg. 33 of 489       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
The boarding craft in halo 2 is different then the one u see in halo ce.

Yeah I know. I don't know whether they are going to model their own one though.

Wait a minute... I just re-read the ideas, and apparently Yayap shoots down a pelican? It would take multiple hits to down a pelican, and at the time of that encounter, they were inside. There are multiple inconsistencies that you must fix.

Its called improvisation and creativity. Obviously there are inconsistencies with the novel and the game, but I think this would be a lot more interesting than just watching two hunters getting killed by the chief or facing him multiple times and having your ass kicked. Also, in Halo 3, a Pelican dropship was downed after its rear thruster was hit by one fuel rod blast.

Edited by k9colin on Jan 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Gamma927

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:36 AM    Msg. 34 of 489       

Also, do you have to have a cutscene showing the pod docking with the ship? You could have the camera dark, and inside the pod as a first person perspective. Then, it shakes, and the airlock door opens. That would be much easier, and no BSP modification is necessary

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 11:39 AM    Msg. 35 of 489       
Getting the human side AI is harder to do. Than doing the covenant side.

Page 1 of 14 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 14 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 21, 2020 1:37 PM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website