A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Halo 2 Vista on Windows 7

Author Topic: Halo 2 Vista on Windows 7 (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 10:42 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Well now, since Windows 7 is the newest version above Vista, should it be able to run? I've been getting mixed answers about this question. Some people say it works fine, and others say the opposite. What I created this topic for was to correctly distinguish if it does. Right now the current build for this is 7000, and i've seen pictures around this forum posted by members that have shown that it will run, but those were on older builds of Windows 7.

If it works I am going to buy Halo 2 Vista tomorrow at the store, and if it doesn't, I guess i'll have to wait till the final build of Windows 7 comes out.

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 07:36 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThePlague
Well now, since Windows 7 is the newest version above Vista, should it be able to run? I've been getting mixed answers about this question. Some people say it works fine, and others say the opposite. What I created this topic for was to correctly distinguish if it does. Right now the current build for this is 7000, and i've seen pictures around this forum posted by members that have shown that it will run, but those were on older builds of Windows 7.

If it works I am going to buy Halo 2 Vista tomorrow at the store, and if it doesn't, I guess i'll have to wait till the final build of Windows 7 comes out.

Yes. It will run. Since it was made for Vista, and 7 /is/ backwards compatible with practically everything, it will run, guaranteed.

The only problem may be since the kernel is completely redesigned, and the OS is still in beta, it may not be flawless and might present a few glitches here and there, but they won't really be anything noticeable or even complicate it in any way...

As for waiting until the final build? You'll be waiting over a year.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 6:47 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website