A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Does anyone know how to make a door work?

Author Topic: Does anyone know how to make a door work? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 10:56 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Well I placed a door in one of my levels and was wondering if somone knows how to make it were a panel can open and close a door like in campaign mode?

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 10:59 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
that would be a device_machine and a device_control it would require scripting I think, and it won't sync online without a special script.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 11:04 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Doesn't have to work online it's just for my level with AI in it

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 01:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Most doors usually work with a built in trigger volume, think of it as a door in your local supermarket you know the one that opens when you get close?

Well, this is how the majority of doors open. And, yes, you can open it via scripts for online use. But I personally am not a fan of this method as it very rarely worked for me.

delta49

I don't always make shaders..

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 01:39 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Which door are you using? If you're using a door from campaign, most of them aren't set to open automatically, which you can test by placing a biped infront of it.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed August 12, 2020 4:32 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website